ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/05 04:01 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:01 AM I was thinking about all the info on the BF's new toys and I think that many people are going to be disappointed when it comes to what mods you will be able to do. The new BF comes out with several new items that the BA does not have, that will be a huge problem when it comes to modding your car.I have listed the items I think will cause problems and what the problems could be, but I expect that there will be many others that I have not thought of.1. (DSC) Dynamic Stability Control:(Standard on XR;s and Fairlane/LTD/Ghia)This safety feature will save a lot of lives, but will also severely restrict wheel and brake choices. Changing the wheel/ rubber size outside the standard spec will cause this system to be out of calibration, I am not sure of the overall result. Replacement of factory brakes will also be a major issue with the DSC. I believe that this is why FPV has not included it in their range due to the costs of recalibrating the DSC with the Brembo brakes. I am sure that even brake pads could affect the system performance. It will be interesting to see what will happen with mods and DSC 2. EuroIII standard: (Standard across the entire BF range)This is an interesting system that will basically stop most engine mods unless you can trick the ECU. To put the system in a nutshell, The ECU will monitor the emissions of the car and make adjustments to ensure the car is always complying with the E3 standard. If the ECU detects that it is not running to spec, it will try to adjust, but if it fails the check engine light will come on and you must go back to the dealer. This could mean that you cannot mod the motor at all or it will crack the $hits and the CE light will be glowing brightly. This may be Fords answer to stopping the Edit. We may see a piggyback come back into favor If you plan to mod your car, you may be best to get a good deal on the run out BA's.
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 23y 5d Location: City Posted 18/10/05 04:18 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:18 AM Well that sounds like one big disappointment...
mattri Member 214 Member For: 21y 6m 6d Posted 18/10/05 04:28 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:28 AM Well that sounds like one big disappointment...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>its preyy simple Ford just dont want people moding cars, it sucks I know but just seems as to when u mod something, somehting else seems to go wrongbut hey if u wanna mod a car might as well go JAP
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 18/10/05 04:32 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:32 AM Well that sounds like one big disappointment...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>its preyy simple Ford just dont want people moding cars<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I doubt it cobber. Ford design their cars without considering modders in my opinion. DSC is a safety feature theyve developed for just that - safety. Not some hair-brained anti-modding measure.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 18/10/05 04:32 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:32 AM I reckon the edit should be able t get rid of euroIII once its calibrated to the BF's... some of the sh*t it can do/turn off is amazing
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/05 04:48 AM Author Posted 18/10/05 04:48 AM Ford DO care about modding.In the old days they could see the piggyback/blower/extractors, so it was not difficult. Now we can just plug a Edit into our T's and get an instant 50rwkw or 20% more power with no other mods. The Edit is not (very) detectable, so it will be costing Ford in the warranty claims area. You can bet that Ford are working VERY hard to try to stop this by any or all means.I am sure that there will be mods available in the near future, but I also think people are going to be in for a rude shock when they gut their CAT and then find the check engine light on. It is going to be a steep learning curve, just like the first years for the XR6T
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 18/10/05 04:54 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:54 AM l think you are right ZAP. And Ford absolutley do care about modding, this would be costing them millions a year in warranty claims, disputes etc.
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/10/05 04:55 AM Posted 18/10/05 04:55 AM Makes me happy because I will be paying off my T for another few years and then keeping it for years after that... If the BF was so awsome and better to MOD I'd only be annoyed
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 11m 2d Location: In The Ute Posted 18/10/05 05:33 AM Posted 18/10/05 05:33 AM I was told last night by FPV that they cannot tell if a BA has been edited but they can tell if a BF has been edited and have altered the software to be able to do this.True or false ? Well I suppose they want us all to believe that it can’t be done without detection on a BF, But this is yet to be seen.I think the first hurdle will be the sensors before and after the cat.. And the ZF transmission which will be the hardest to manipulate.Good point will be NO " DSC to worry about…Either way it will happen you can be assured of that.
xr6 typhoon Good for nothing member Legacy Donating Member 619 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/05 05:48 AM Posted 18/10/05 05:48 AM I'm sure SCT/capa will be able to work out the new parameters on the BF in no time and then it'll be game on for mods once again!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now