maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 10/10/05 10:48 AM Posted 10/10/05 10:48 AM Wont be any good if you get to run 11s <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is also true. Im at 12.55 now, so I still have a good 1/2 second before 11's.Id be happy with a flat 12. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol I remember you saying a while ago you would be happy with a mild performance gain, then you said high 12, then mid 12, now 12 flat...The bug has bitten luke your in for it now.
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/10/05 11:05 AM Posted 10/10/05 11:05 AM Custom plates - not for meMaybe I'm a little more private than that, and besides, I feel I'm just handing money to the Government under false pretenses.I'd rather invest in a good night out (or 2, or 3) with the missus - much more rewarding !!DaKing
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 10/10/05 12:00 PM Posted 10/10/05 12:00 PM I wouldnt be so worried about the bogans trying to race you at the lights, but the department of transport looking for mods that dont have mod plate approval. Though a good choice in plates and good combinations, I just wouldnt want to advertise quite that clearly.12SECXR - Would be one I would use, not quite as obvious but anyone with a hint about cars will know what it means.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not bad Dazza, just here in Vic we only get 6 letters/numbers and you cant put numbers first. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>then there is only one solution. Move to Queensland. Dazza.
PASHEN Member 868 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Need one.. Posted 10/10/05 12:25 PM Posted 10/10/05 12:25 PM yeah I guess that came out wrong (sort of a bit of a blow up after my post in the negative comments thread+a combination of a bad day)however im not a big fan of personalised plates, never have been. mot of the times I see someone with personalised numberplates I often find myself reading the numberplate and going "pst what a wa*ker" sorry if that offends but that's what I think about them<{POST_SNAPBACK}> At least you're honest
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 10/10/05 05:11 PM Posted 10/10/05 05:11 PM I like custom plates, providing theres a bit of creativness to them.a friend of mine has a VH commy and has been doing the build up for years.. been featured in street machine and soon to be street machine aswell. his plates are "TUK-AGZ". at summernats ppl were screamin out "tookags!!!" u really hafta think what they are... they mean "took ages". pretty clever I reckon.but plates like "XR6TBO" just make u think "gee really dickhead.. dont the badges on your boot already say that!?!!?" lol
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 23d Location: Mexico Posted 10/10/05 10:04 PM Posted 10/10/05 10:04 PM (edited) I like custom plates, providing theres a bit of creativness to them.a friend of mine has a VH commy and has been doing the build up for years.. been featured in street machine and soon to be street machine aswell. his plates are "TUK-AGZ". at summernats ppl were screamin out "tookags!!!" u really hafta think what they are... they mean "took ages". pretty clever I reckon.but plates like "XR6TBO" just make u think "gee really dickhead.. dont the badges on your boot already say that!?!!?" lol<{POST_SNAPBACK}> IMO custom plates that express some wit can be good, but plates like "MYM3" or "HSV" just highlight that the owner isn't too sure what they are driving so they need reminding.I'm not trying to that's just my opinion. Do whatever you like to your own beast. Edited 10/10/05 10:05 PM by Turbofalke
PASHEN Member 868 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Need one.. Posted 10/10/05 10:13 PM Posted 10/10/05 10:13 PM I reckon custom plates add some individuality to the car - just know that your car will be known by the plates it wears, so choose carefully but go for it Luke.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 11/10/05 02:51 AM Posted 11/10/05 02:51 AM I like custom plates, providing theres a bit of creativness to them.a friend of mine has a VH commy and has been doing the build up for years.. been featured in street machine and soon to be street machine aswell. his plates are "TUK-AGZ". at summernats ppl were screamin out "tookags!!!" u really hafta think what they are... they mean "took ages". pretty clever I reckon.but plates like "XR6TBO" just make u think "gee really dickhead.. dont the badges on your boot already say that!?!!?" lol<{POST_SNAPBACK}> IMO custom plates that express some wit can be good, but plates like "MYM3" or "HSV" just highlight that the owner isn't too sure what they are driving so they need reminding.I'm not trying to that's just my opinion. Do whatever you like to your own beast.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What a load of crap, if you were driving a M3 or HSV or FPV or whatever, I dont think you would need to remind yourself what you were driving, I have never driven my T and mistaken it for something else.Dazza.
spoonage Long Member Member 169 Member For: 21y 7m 20d Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 11/10/05 03:05 AM Posted 11/10/05 03:05 AM I like custom plates, providing theres a bit of creativness to them.a friend of mine has a VH commy and has been doing the build up for years.. been featured in street machine and soon to be street machine aswell. his plates are "TUK-AGZ". at summernats ppl were screamin out "tookags!!!" u really hafta think what they are... they mean "took ages". pretty clever I reckon.but plates like "XR6TBO" just make u think "gee really dickhead.. dont the badges on your boot already say that!?!!?" lol<{POST_SNAPBACK}> IMO custom plates that express some wit can be good, but plates like "MYM3" or "HSV" just highlight that the owner isn't too sure what they are driving so they need reminding.I'm not trying to that's just my opinion. Do whatever you like to your own beast.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What a load of crap, if you were driving a M3 or HSV or FPV or whatever, I dont think you would need to remind yourself what you were driving, I have never driven my T and mistaken it for something else.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You know you drive a Expensive Daewoo S Supercharged? You must've been confused between Holden's green and our beautiful Envi It's understandable how you can confuse an S with a T when you want something so bad.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 11/10/05 03:30 AM Posted 11/10/05 03:30 AM I used to have a 65 Chevrolet Caprice - which are really wide, and it had 275 tyres all round, and was lowered a lot, so had an impressive stance. It also had a big block chevy in it that drank fuel like it was a camel after a long walk - so what other number plate could you have except "GULP"The car has long since been sold on, but the plates have lived on with the next car a 92 Falcon XR8 EB2 - which had a big bore exhaust and extractors etc - kind of fit with that as well.Now the plates live on the Falcon XR6T, and in the times of expensive fuel - "GULP" is still pretty relevant.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now