Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/08/05 08:22 AM Author Posted 22/08/05 08:22 AM ok after many weeks of searching around today my new cat came in the mail.besides the SMB and "Magic-cat" I think this cat is the much better option to adapt to a STOCK T exhaust or even to a modded exhaust!!3.5' ends and flows heaps more CFM then all the other alternatives!!its a "Metal-Cat" imported from the states, I sourced it from nissan silvia forums and the mob that sells them are "option 1 garage" in brisbane.it was $300 to my door and I must say, this thing is HUGE!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Waht will it cost to get it fitted to te factory dump pipe and centre nuffler ?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got quoted $100, it would be cheaper but the standard cat diverts into twins that's why its so restrictive. I need a "Y" divider to be installed after the cat so it converts back to the standard twin system after the cat. theres alot of farting around to get it right as its a tricky setup between the factory dump and centre mufflers.Lumpy, standard dump is 3 1/4' then splits into twin 2 1/4' outputs.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 22/08/05 08:45 AM Posted 22/08/05 08:45 AM Lumpy, standard dump is 3 1/4' then splits into twin 2 1/4' outputs.So the actual opening's (pipe diameter?) for the CAT itself is 3.25" in and out, then splitting?Sorry, just a bit confused by the reference to 'dump'.Lumpy
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/08/05 09:11 AM Author Posted 22/08/05 09:11 AM 3.25 INPUT and twin 2.25 OUTPUTS.the cat splits into twins in the middle. that's why the stock cat is the most restrictive part of the exhaust, because of the dodgy "Y" shape inside.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 22/08/05 09:42 AM Posted 22/08/05 09:42 AM Interesting!I can't wait to see the results. To bad you don't have a custom tune already. If you did it would be a much fairer comparison with the new cat after your retune verus the stock cat.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/08/05 10:20 AM Author Posted 22/08/05 10:20 AM Interesting!I can't wait to see the results. To bad you don't have a custom tune already. If you did it would be a much fairer comparison with the new cat after your retune verus the stock cat.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>if people can "feel" the different by removing the centre mufflers I should definately be able to feel a difference as the cat is a bigger restriction.ill let you all know wednesday how it all goes. hopefully ill get a pic of the cat fitted if I get a chance.I wanted to get all this stuff out the way before I get my custom tunes next month, that way I have no restrictions holding me back!
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/08/05 01:38 PM Posted 22/08/05 01:38 PM Interesting!I can't wait to see the results. To bad you don't have a custom tune already. If you did it would be a much fairer comparison with the new cat after your retune verus the stock cat.if people can "feel" the different by removing the centre mufflers I should definately be able to feel a difference as the cat is a bigger restriction.ill let you all know wednesday how it all goes. hopefully ill get a pic of the cat fitted if I get a chance.I wanted to get all this stuff out the way before I get my custom tunes next month, that way I have no restrictions holding me back! The only thing removing the centre muffler will do for you is make you feel the headache from the noise, it flows more then the cat does.The cat will make all the difference if it really does flow wehat they say. What are they quoting this cat to flow?
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/08/05 01:53 PM Author Posted 22/08/05 01:53 PM Interesting!I can't wait to see the results. To bad you don't have a custom tune already. If you did it would be a much fairer comparison with the new cat after your retune verus the stock cat.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>if people can "feel" the different by removing the centre mufflers I should definately be able to feel a difference as the cat is a bigger restriction.ill let you all know wednesday how it all goes. hopefully ill get a pic of the cat fitted if I get a chance.I wanted to get all this stuff out the way before I get my custom tunes next month, that way I have no restrictions holding me back! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only thing removing the centre muffler will do for you is make you feel the headache from the noise, it flows more then the cat does.The cat will make all the difference if it really does flow wehat they say. What are they quoting this cat to flow?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>well the same cat in a 3' version flows 534.8 CFM so this being a 3.5' version maybe close to 600??? just a stab in the dark guess but its more than enough for 300+atw that's for sure!
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/08/05 02:23 PM Posted 22/08/05 02:23 PM Interesting!I can't wait to see the results. To bad you don't have a custom tune already. If you did it would be a much fairer comparison with the new cat after your retune verus the stock cat.if people can "feel" the different by removing the centre mufflers I should definately be able to feel a difference as the cat is a bigger restriction.ill let you all know wednesday how it all goes. hopefully ill get a pic of the cat fitted if I get a chance.I wanted to get all this stuff out the way before I get my custom tunes next month, that way I have no restrictions holding me back! The only thing removing the centre muffler will do for you is make you feel the headache from the noise, it flows more then the cat does.The cat will make all the difference if it really does flow wehat they say. What are they quoting this cat to flow?well the same cat in a 3' version flows 534.8 CFM so this being a 3.5' version maybe close to 600??? just a stab in the dark guess but its more than enough for 300+atw that's for sure! that's a good flow figure mate, hope they are accurate well dont, got any links to the info on them?
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 23/08/05 06:21 AM Author Posted 23/08/05 06:21 AM http://www.option1garage.com.au/xxexhausts.htm that's about the best info ive got on hand... dare say there would be heaps more info out there as their an american product.its up the top of the page, but pics and info shown are for the 3' model, ive got the 3.5'.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m Location: Canberra Posted 23/08/05 06:26 AM Posted 23/08/05 06:26 AM The price on the website is $350 (plus delivery I assume) - you said you got yours for $300 delivered?!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now