peasoup Member 4 Member For: 21y 3m 26d Posted 21/07/05 02:39 AM Posted 21/07/05 02:39 AM Hey guys,With the popularity of the BA's, we're looking to run a 1/4 mile Top 20 list and thought this would be the best place to throw a few ideas around.I know some of you like to run on street tyres but I'd prefer to allow drag slick tyres as this will help see the full potential of these cars reached. We would however like to set a maximum tyre size from day 1. Limit it to perhaps a 28x10-inch. Will this size fit on a std BA?Also the 4.0-litre twin cam engine would have to stay in place obivously.Apart from that, race fuel and weight saving measures are allowed (I.e. interior). One thing we will not allow would be the removal of the rear tray (as seen in the Ute models). The car must retain a std body form.What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate your input.RegardsLuke Oxleywww.fullBOOST.com.au
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 21/07/05 03:08 AM Posted 21/07/05 03:08 AM Hi, Peasoup, (were you eatting at the time)sounds good, but why the restriction on the tyres, if you want to get the best time out of a BA, why handycap it at all, I have not tryed 28/10 slicks under mine, but my 275x 17 mt's fit easly, so it will not take much to fit 28x 10's under it,( might just have to control the sqaut, the standed car has when leaving the line that's all,(compared to the trouble some other cars have anyway,) if someone can jam a bigger set under it without modding it to much I feel that should be it's advantage (big car, heavy car, big gaurds, big slick's, ) that's my 2 cent's for what it's worth. David
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 21/07/05 03:10 AM Posted 21/07/05 03:10 AM Sounds good LukeHope to see you at calder on friday nightCheersAdam
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 21/07/05 06:27 AM Posted 21/07/05 06:27 AM Sounds good Luke. Maybe have 2 classes, an open class with no restrictions other than the Ford engine and body. The other class could involve standard Ford turbo and drive line. These could be strengthened.There seems to be a level at which the factory turbo runs out of puff and the next step is a major one. This along with keeping the Ford transmisson/diff will give everyone a chance of getting on the list. This isn't such an issue yet as there aren't too many out there with different turbo's and drivelines, but in a few years I believe it will be.Geea.
Ezy10z Member 211 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Location: Ballarat Posted 21/07/05 06:57 AM Posted 21/07/05 06:57 AM I think having two classes is a bit complex and agree with Lukes initial suggestion but allow the top 20 to include 11.99 and under due to a lot of T owners still using the standard turbo. This would save the hastle of having theh open class and standard turbo and driveline.In the next year or so I'm sure there will be more T's running in the 10's so eventually would have to change the top 20 to 10.99 and under because of the growing number of T owners modifying and racing there T.Robbie.
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 21/07/05 07:43 AM Posted 21/07/05 07:43 AM Yeah id say just one class the top 20 showing the mods of the cars at the end of the day how cares about the mods its only the times you will remember
Ezy10z Member 211 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Location: Ballarat Posted 21/07/05 10:33 AM Posted 21/07/05 10:33 AM Yeah id say just one class the top 20 showing the mods of the cars at the end of the day how cares about the mods its only the times you will remember <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Totally agree.At the end the day the top 20 should be about times and not who has the less mods or standard turbo.Robbie.
Guest schhhtodd Guests Posted 21/07/05 12:21 PM Posted 21/07/05 12:21 PM I can only dream of entering that list one day, would love to see one though seeing as the VLT's have one
peasoup Member 4 Member For: 21y 3m 26d Posted 22/07/05 04:53 AM Author Posted 22/07/05 04:53 AM Thanks for the feeback guys, really appreciate it. Hi, Peasoup, (were you eatting at the time)sounds good, but why the restriction on the tyres, if you want to get the best time out of a BA, why handycap it at all, I have not tryed 28/10 slicks under mine, but my 275x 17 mt's fit easly, so it will not take much to fit 28x 10's under it,( might just have to control the sqaut, the standed car has when leaving the line that's all,(compared to the trouble some other cars have anyway,) if someone can jam a bigger set under it without modding it to much I feel that should be it's advantage (big car, heavy car, big gaurds, big slick's, ) that's my 2 cent's for what it's worth. David<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think if you don't make a tyre size now limitation now, you'll eventually end up with 2-3 cars at the top 1.5-seconds quicker than everyone else due to mini-tubbs etc. It's happened with the VL scene so I think it's best if I put some sort of restrictions in now for parity reasons in the future. A 28/10 is narrower than a 275 yes but slicks have sidewall flex that radials don't, they also grow under power so they would be a tighter squeeze than you may think . The tyre size limit only really applies to slicks obivously. But that doesn't mean you would tubb the car and run radials, a bit of common sense is required here. A tyre limit would put everyone on a level playing field.It's been an issue in the 'un-tubbed' rotary scene, different people have different views on what is tubbed etc. The problem there is that they are run different makes and models. As this list is soley for the BA model, no one would have an advantage/disadvantage.Sounds good LukeHope to see you at calder on friday nightCheersAdam<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes Adam, I'll be there about 7pm with the video camera, so don't run your best time too early Sounds good Luke. Maybe have 2 classes, an open class with no restrictions other than the Ford engine and body. The other class could involve standard Ford turbo and drive line. These could be strengthened.There seems to be a level at which the factory turbo runs out of puff and the next step is a major one. This along with keeping the Ford transmisson/diff will give everyone a chance of getting on the list. This isn't such an issue yet as there aren't too many out there with different turbo's and drivelines, but in a few years I believe it will be.Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would rather just keep it to one class for now or you'll end up with the class for the quickest Red BA in Campbellfield Keep it simple I say. I understand what you mean regarding stepping up power but that's called progression unfortunately. We could always add another list later. BA's are too small in development yet to be seperating them I think.Speaking of turbo upgrades, I was in a Falcon with a GT42R @ 25psi yesterday, boy does that car deliver a top end charge, don't worry Craig it's not a BA so it won't qualify I think having two classes is a bit complex and agree with Lukes initial suggestion but allow the top 20 to include 11.99 and under due to a lot of T owners still using the standard turbo. This would save the hastle of having theh open class and standard turbo and driveline.In the next year or so I'm sure there will be more T's running in the 10's so eventually would have to change the top 20 to 10.99 and under because of the growing number of T owners modifying and racing there T.Robbie.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Robbie, totally agree, at the end of the day all that people care about it your time. I won't put an E.T cutt off on it atm so if postion 20 is a 12.6 so be it, that's fine with me.Any chance some of you guys can help me put together a list?I see Sprio ran a 10.4, good stuff, hope to see the first 9 shortly CheersLuke
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 22/07/05 09:51 PM Posted 22/07/05 09:51 PM Point taken,
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now