Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

After months of bashing my head against the brick wall called FPV Customer Service (bloody superb oxymoron that one) my dealer has got a brand, spanking new motor for my beloved Fox!! :nod:

Mind you in all other aspects the motor is fine but will insist on 'drinking' 750mls/1000kms of damn expensive oil.

The new engine should be here mid July and will have the same engine number and micro dot system as my current engine, cool huh?

Cars done 21,000kms so I'm not b**ching, but you can rest assured with the new motor I'll be driving around in 5th all day!! :spoton::tease:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Redhawk,

I do notbelieve that FPV will be able to deliver a motor with the same numbers.

As far as I am aware, it is illegal to restamp engine numbers. If they are claiming the Data Dot and Engine numbers will be the same, I fear they may do a rebuild (not a bad thing) or you will get different numbers.

I could be wrong about the restamping, but I remember when my RT charger did its block, I had to do a dodgy to get the same engine numbers.

I would make sure you get everything in writing.

Glad they finally agreed to fix the motor, well done

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 2d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

Welcome back Red, and good luck with the beast :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 2d
  • Location: Inglewood, W.A
Posted
Welcome back Red, and good luck with the beast  :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What Mondie said.. :pinch:

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted

Dam... thought this thread could be about a launch of a GTHO :laughing:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: next door..
Posted
Dam... thought this thread could be about a launch of a GTHO  :laughing:

LOL same.. thought they were launching a new beast or something.

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted
Dam... thought this thread could be about a launch of a GTHO  :tease:

LOL same.. thought they were launching a new beast or something.

:laughing:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Redhawk,

I do notbelieve that FPV will be able to deliver a motor with the same numbers.

As far as I am aware, it is illegal to restamp engine numbers.  If they are claiming the Data Dot and Engine numbers will be the same, I fear they may do a rebuild (not a bad thing) or you will get different numbers.

I could be wrong about the restamping, but I remember when my RT charger did its block, I had to do a dodgy to get the same engine numbers.

I would make sure you get everything in writing.

Glad they finally agreed to fix the motor, well done

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can do it.

I know someone who had this done and I also know the guy who put the engine in, so there was no rebuild or anything shifty going on.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 15d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

good news Al, hopefully it will all go without drama, mine still uses no oil at all, have they figured out why some use oil?

Cheers Rob

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 21d
Posted
Redhawk,

I do notbelieve that FPV will be able to deliver a motor with the same numbers.

As far as I am aware, it is illegal to restamp engine numbers.  If they are claiming the Data Dot and Engine numbers will be the same, I fear they may do a rebuild (not a bad thing) or you will get different numbers.

I could be wrong about the restamping, but I remember when my RT charger did its block, I had to do a dodgy to get the same engine numbers.

I would make sure you get everything in writing.

Glad they finally agreed to fix the motor, well done

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can do it.

I know someone who had this done and I also know the guy who put the engine in, so there was no rebuild or anything shifty going on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys - You are right here. I sell DataDots and we do manufacture parts marking replacement DataDots for major components replacement. As you probably know - each Dot has the full VIN on it - and there are around 500 applied to an engine (7,000 to a full car). Because of the security issues to do with ordering replacement DataDots, they must be ordered by an FPV dealer - thru FPV itself. FPV then verify that the component swap is genuine.

Cheers

CountryPhoon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...