XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 13d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 28/04/03 03:42 AM Posted 28/04/03 03:42 AM If people want to put the xr8 bonnet on there non xr8, I think they should go for it.Everyone has a right to there own opinion, and tastes. Some people will love it, some people will think its rice. Just the same way that some people put XR front ends on non XR's, or Tickford badges on non Tickfords.Sorry if I appear to be rude about this... its just that I had 4 years of being told I wasnt allowed to do anything to my car, and I got sick of it. Its MY car, I will do what I want. 1
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 28/04/03 04:04 AM Posted 28/04/03 04:04 AM Well if ppl are that negative towards the idea, personally I don't give 2 s**ts what ppl do with their cars. Good on 'emI'll cut a hole in the current bonnet, make some cool, unique looking scoop and away we go.
Dazz Member 26 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 28/04/03 04:46 AM Author Posted 28/04/03 04:46 AM Define rice?Is adding 18" wheels rice?Is adding a colour coded MOMO wheel rice?I think rice has become "anything I don't personally like".
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Posted 28/04/03 05:31 AM Posted 28/04/03 05:31 AM
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/04/03 05:59 AM Posted 28/04/03 05:59 AM Guys, enough with the insults...This is meant to be a friendly environment.I also agree with XR8 Chick, its your car, do what you want with it.I personally wouldn't, but hey, its not my car
plonky The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium Member 1,766 Member For: 23y 5m 22d Location: Dodge Scat Pack Posted 28/04/03 06:04 AM Posted 28/04/03 06:04 AM XR8 bonnet on an XR6T..same as a Type R sticker on an Integra LS or a Clubsport bodykit on a VS 6 cyl.Personally why pretend to be a V8 when you have a Turbo....as a matter of fact wouldn't it be better to be a Q ship than 'Rice'.XR6T looks fine the way it is and the comment is not intended to be an insult but is intended to ensure that an XR is to be feared in it's standard appearance.Cheers
Dazz Member 26 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 28/04/03 06:16 AM Author Posted 28/04/03 06:16 AM XR8 bonnet on an XR6T..same as a Type R sticker on an Integra LS or a Clubsport bodykit on a VS 6 cyl. I just don't see it that way, because the examples you have given are for making the budget action model appear to be the performance model.The XR-6 Turbo is as quick as the XR-8, so it's certainly not pretending to be faster than it is.It's not to pretend to have an XR-8, because lets face it, if you can afford one you can afford the other!
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/04/03 06:38 AM Posted 28/04/03 06:38 AM I don't think it's rice, if you like the look of the XR8 bonnet (I know I do) there shouldn't be any reason not to fit one.I think it is similar to adding the footwell lights to a non-Fairmont as several of us have already done, are we trying to make our cars something they aren't? I don't think so, we are just personalising them.As long as the XR6 or XR6 Turbo badges aren't swapped for XR8 badges what's the problem??
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 28/04/03 06:39 AM Posted 28/04/03 06:39 AM Guys, enough with the insults...This is meant to be a friendly environment.I also agree with XR8 Chick, its your car, do what you want with it.I personally wouldn't, but hey, its not my car I agree with Cro.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now