Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/05/05 12:52 AM Posted 09/05/05 12:52 AM Pull your head outa your bum, if you play, be prepared to pay. Take responsibility for your actions and live with them.Just so you know you're not alone, I'm with you. Not sure how many of us there are though.Lightning....I'll third that motion....Same concept for Insurance as well
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Posted 09/05/05 04:10 AM Posted 09/05/05 04:10 AM Still no photos, no evidence, no report.Somehow this story has a couple of holes in it......or of course you could post pics of the damage
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 09/05/05 04:35 AM Posted 09/05/05 04:35 AM Pull your head outa your bum, if you play, be prepared to pay. Take responsibility for your actions and live with them.Just so you know you're not alone, I'm with you. Not sure how many of us there are though.Lightning....I'll third that motion....Same concept for Insurance as well4th....Not that I wouldn't give it a go though dunno Tuna, he's made a few posts, granted complaining about the TC turning off with the edit.... Ian, Are you a stoolie?
Guest Ian Steele Guests Posted 21/05/05 12:28 AM Posted 21/05/05 12:28 AM conrod #6 through the block, new long engine, ford wouldn't honour the warranty, even though the original factory setting was loaded prior it going back, $7449.95 supplied and fitted, how long do you think I should run it in for before editing again? Is there a fix for the traction control now? anyone tried it? It's good to be back on the road even if I am significantly poorer
Guest Ian Steele Guests Posted 21/05/05 12:35 AM Posted 21/05/05 12:35 AM I've just read some of the above, well I did pay and was always prepared to pay, but it is up to Ford to catch me, not for me to dob myself in. I'll get the engine back here in a day or 2 and post some pictures. I've seen it, it has quite an impressive hole in it
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/05 12:48 AM Posted 21/05/05 12:48 AM Was that a standard bottom end again or a stronger setup?
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 21/05/05 12:49 AM Posted 21/05/05 12:49 AM conrod #6 through the block, new long engine, ford wouldn't honour the warranty, even though the original factory setting was loaded prior it going back, $7449.95 supplied and fitted, how long do you think I should run it in for before editing again? Is there a fix for the traction control now? anyone tried it? It's good to be back on the road even if I am significantly poorer<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ian .... nasty stuff mate , hope the beast is good as new Can I ask why Ford did not repair this under warranty ? Particularly given that the motor should be able to handle 10PSI without letting go and that a standard tune was reloaded back into the vehicle, as it is has been stated by many that Edit reflashes are supposed to be stealth and hence undetectable by Ford. Is this not the case? I am sure a lot of the edit boys would like to know About 3000ks should be OK before boosting it up again, though I could understand if you were reticent in doing so
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 21d Location: Mexico Posted 21/05/05 02:15 AM Posted 21/05/05 02:15 AM conrod #6 through the block, new long engine, ford wouldn't honour the warranty, even though the original factory setting was loaded prior it going back, $7449.95 supplied and fitted, how long do you think I should run it in for before editing again? Is there a fix for the traction control now? anyone tried it? It's good to be back on the road even if I am significantly poorer<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ian .... nasty stuff mate , hope the beast is good as new Can I ask why Ford did not repair this under warranty ? Particularly given that the motor should be able to handle 10PSI without letting go and that a standard tune was reloaded back into the vehicle, as it is has been stated by many that Edit reflashes are supposed to be stealth and hence undetectable by Ford. Is this not the case? I am sure a lot of the edit boys would like to know About 3000ks should be OK before boosting it up again, though I could understand if you were reticent in doing so <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Love to know the answer to this one!!! Did you tell them or did they pick up the fact that you were running the 10PSI edit when viewing ECU history?? Mmmm
homerj Member 52 Member For: 22y 11m 24d Location: Berwick,Melbourne Posted 21/05/05 10:33 PM Posted 21/05/05 10:33 PM After speaking to my service manager recently I have decided not to go the edit till the warranty is up. He has said that there is definitely information in the ecu which gets wiped when reflashed, sort of like formatting the HDD and loading a fresh WinXP - that's how they pick it up. Anything which can be construed to be as a fault of the ECU I.e. the whole engine - will not be honoured as warranty.As mentioned in another post - CAI and exhaust all okay - not so sure with insurers though........Matt
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 22/05/05 01:27 AM Posted 22/05/05 01:27 AM If ford can pick up on he edit (assuming) then how can any1 advertise the box as stealth???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now