scott52 Member 188 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 30/04/03 02:57 AM Author Posted 30/04/03 02:57 AM Part No'sFront: DBA 504Rear: DBA 505
DavoWA Proud Team Blueprint member Member 286 Member For: 23y 5m 25d Location: Perth Posted 01/05/03 12:10 PM Posted 01/05/03 12:10 PM Don't get upset, but I also have a Jag XJS as my other toy. As I use this for some rallies and the odd bit of track work, plus some autokhanas, I found that the DBA discs with Ultimates was a great option. Agree that they are not up to serious track work, but you don't do serious track work in "mobile heat exchanger" that weighs over 2100 kg.The discs and pads got me an extra 2 full laps before brake fade, over the standard items. I would expect the same on the XR, and I WILL try it when it's run in properly.
sport Member 62 Member For: 23y 5m 19d Posted 01/05/03 12:47 PM Posted 01/05/03 12:47 PM The drilled and slotted rotors main function is to release gas build up. When pad generates heat, a layer of gas builds up under the pad reducing its contact with the disc. If the disc is drilled the gas escapes through the holes to the centre vented section of the disc. In the case of slotted the gas escapes along the slot to the disc circumference. If you are contemplating track or competition driving it is recommended to use slotted not drilled as drilled will eventually crack around the drill holes and may shatter at high speed (but only with full on competition work)If my discs get the shakes as it semms they will, I will go for the DBA gold drilled & slotted.
Phantomxr6 Legacy Donating Member 452 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Razorback NSW Posted 01/05/03 01:04 PM Posted 01/05/03 01:04 PM Well said Sport,I will be doing the same.
Guest gjconn Guests Posted 03/05/03 10:15 PM Posted 03/05/03 10:15 PM Hi, (Scott)I've been trying to source these rotors for my T ute. I'm getting a big runaround from local stores saying everything from not available yet to, yea we can get them but they will be 2 -3 weeks and $300. each.I think I read somewhere in these threads that the price should be approx $165 each.Has anyone found a reliable source (Sydney areea)? and how much did you pay for them?
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/05/03 11:51 PM Posted 03/05/03 11:51 PM Hi, (Scott)I've been trying to source these rotors for my T ute. I'm getting a big runaround from local stores saying everything from not available yet to, yea we can get them but they will be 2 -3 weeks and $300. each.I think I read somewhere in these threads that the price should be approx $165 each.Has anyone found a reliable source (Sydney areea)? and how much did you pay for them? I've always found www.discpads.com to be cheaper than most.Give them a shot and please let us know how you go.
Guest pjjoh1 Guests Posted 25/05/03 12:11 AM Posted 25/05/03 12:11 AM Will Ford void the warranty if we use the DBAs?
DavoWA Proud Team Blueprint member Member 286 Member For: 23y 5m 25d Location: Perth Posted 26/05/03 06:08 AM Posted 26/05/03 06:08 AM Will Ford void the warranty if we use the DBAs? I would seriously doubt it!!!It would be a piece of proverbial to prove that the DBAs would perform better than th standard ones, so Ford shouldn't have ANY problem with them.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 12/06/03 12:26 PM Posted 12/06/03 12:26 PM (edited) Daga Edit: Merged here.I like quite a few others have suffered from brake shudder. I had the disks machined by Ford, and this removed the problem. The brakes did however not feel convincing after the treatment, and looking at the disk it looked quite rough on the surface.I had already decided to fit a set of DBA Longlife GOLD cross drilled and slotted disks, and they arrived a couple of days after having the factory disks machined. I fitted the disks that same evening, taking great care to clean all surfaces, then applying copper grease and fitting the new disks. Wheels tightened with a torque wrench, and away for testing.The quality of braking is fantastic now, no shudder at all and smooth as silk, the best brakes I have tried for a long time.Photos attached show the fitting procedure Edited 14/06/03 03:02 PM by Dagabond
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 12/06/03 12:28 PM Posted 12/06/03 12:28 PM The finished result
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now