Guest xr6 turbo Guests Posted 14/04/03 08:42 AM Posted 14/04/03 08:42 AM I was thinking of changing my ISP and/or getting Broadband because I'm sick and tired of constantly getting cut off, Any thoughts?Thanks
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/03 08:48 AM Posted 14/04/03 08:48 AM I switched to Telstra bigpond broadband about a year ago and I have to say that I will never go back to dial up again. The speed is fantastic and service interuptions are very few and far between and if there is down time they credit your account the next month to make up for it.Install was $299.00I pay $69.95 per month for 1 Gig of downloads and when I worked it out it only cost me $8.00 a month more a month than dial up after call costs. I highly recommend it.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 14/04/03 09:01 AM Posted 14/04/03 09:01 AM Im with Optus@Home.. but the netstats thing finishes next month.. so i may go ozforces ADSL unlimited plan.
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 9m 29d Posted 14/04/03 09:14 AM Posted 14/04/03 09:14 AM Wish I could get ADSL!iprimus but dail up. My only option. Not too bad with a dedicated line for the 'puter.
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/03 10:27 AM Posted 14/04/03 10:27 AM Net2000 at home.. ( dialup) $285 per year unlimited hrs & downloads ( NEVER drops out) been with them 4 yrs. At work bigpond thru ISDN line over $500 per month!! And ALWAYS having probs
BarraGT Legacy Donating Member 359 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 14/04/03 10:41 AM Posted 14/04/03 10:41 AM I'm with NetSpeed Internet. It's a dial-up plan, that's got unlimited hour's and download's. I think we pay $34.95 per month, and $20.00 to join.Although NetSpeed is pretty good, I regret changing from OzEmail. They had the same deal, but the connection was alway's 56.0(KBPS), where NetSpeed sometime's can connect only at 49.0(KBPS).You might want to try getting a new computer magazine, or 'Internet.au' magazine. They usually have a write-up about who is offering the best new deal.
BlueXR6T Member 154 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Was Canberra now Maitland, back in Canberra Posted 14/04/03 12:10 PM Posted 14/04/03 12:10 PM At home I am running Telstra's 512k broadband service,While at work I have a 10Mbs service through a company called TransACT. This is a fibre optic cable. and you though ADSL was fast :lol:
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 14/04/03 12:16 PM Posted 14/04/03 12:16 PM Cannot get Cable. Cannot get ADSL, well not until Telstra get their act together. I'm in one of these new estates where everything was pre-laid underground. Sux big time.Oh well, at least I get a free connection through work. Pitty It's only that sware word..."Dial-Up".
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 14/04/03 12:50 PM Posted 14/04/03 12:50 PM I have telstra bigpond adsl. They suck, if you can get something better do so. I can't, Telstra are the only ones that do adsl where I am.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 14/04/03 10:07 PM Posted 14/04/03 10:07 PM I'm with optus at home on cable and it is great. I also have optus for local phone and pay TV so there are some savings to be had there. When I was shopping around for cable internet connection, Telstra did not offer any discounts for bundling and were more expensive. Things may have changes since though.Im with Optus@Home.. but the netstats thing finishes next month.. so I may go ozforces ADSL unlimited plan.Does this mean we will have D/L limits once our current contracts expire?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now