Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
JB, isn't HPF bringing out an intercooler soon for the "T"?

Geea. :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Craig still waiting for Robs answer on that, last time he told me they were testing them out :nono:

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

The typhoon cooler and indeed the standard xr6 turbo intercoolers are also made by Garret

  • EMS makes MAGIC MUMBO !
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 27d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I'm pretty sure dyno wog does use the hybrid coolers

pretzel has one on his car doesn't he

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had a couple of different ones on the car so far, but I'd be buggered if I could tell you what they were...... But I know the one I'm running is not your $500 ones !

Pretzel

Posted
I believe XTC use Hybrid. Despite where they're made, they look like alright quality for the money...

Dave.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks dave but its not quite true the coolers I use are of jap origin and not taiwan where the hybrids are made!

now to dispell a few miths:

with ems I can log air temps and as such imho std coolers are only good for 250 rwkw's on my dyno as per bri bris utewe set it up on 258rwkw's and then took it for a drive logging it and then proceded to lower the boost to std and just under 250rwkw's to keep things safe!

I only assume that the typhoon cooler is going to be only 20% better as its 33% larger in suface area and this area is not in direct air flow!

imho garrett coolers are among the best period as to arc tube and fin not my cup of tea?

as to my coolers they do look similar to hybrid but are a jap copy of the garrett and as such good coolers the hybrid are fine as the copy the garrett core as well not to mentiion the chineese copys as well!

the cineese / tiawaneese coolers I can suply but have chosen not to stock as the japaneese ones are not that much more and for the peace of mind are worth it!

the aps cooler is a good one too the nizpro one as well and to those who are not spooked the pwr new cooler is a good straight fit although tube and fin!

to me the cooler must flow air but it must also cool effectivly so bar and plate is the go!

hopefully I have not overstepped my boundries as to advertising so pls if you need any further info either call me, email or pm me!!!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

nik,

stock 'cooler: 8 row.

'phoon 'cooler: 12 row.

half of 8 is 4, 8 plus 4 is 12...typhoon 'cooler is 50% larger then stock, not 33%

Dave :blush:

  • EMS makes MAGIC MUMBO !
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 27d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
nik,

stock 'cooler:     8 row.

'phoon 'cooler: 12 row.

half of 8 is 4, 8 plus 4 is 12...typhoon 'cooler is 50% larger then stock, not 33%

Dave :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Dave,

Just 'cause he's a useless bugger with percentages etc.. Stop clouding the issue with Facts ! :glad:

Naah... On second throughs........ Go for it !! :glad::glad:

Pretzel

  • Upstanding Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 5d
  • Location: Canberra - ACT
Posted

What about the second generation of PWR coolers? You know the one that supposedly doesn't have the problems of the first generation one ;)

OK Maybe not for extreme power, but if they'd be good for people looking for a steady 240-300rwkw then perhapos $880 ain't that bad?

From my understanding an intercooler will not make power ;) Only affect your ability to generate power through management of intake temp. With sustained low intake temps allowing power levels to be sustained.

Ofcourse flow restriction will limit total power or control it... ie stock cooler that has a pressure drop of about 4 psi according to some?

A.

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 12d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
From my understanding an intercooler will not make power ;)  Only affect your ability to generate power through management of intake temp.  With sustained low intake temps allowing power levels to be sustained. 

:blush:

That is also my understanding Aaron. My cooler is at its limit and probably past that. We can real off 1-2 good runs then the intake temp goes through the roof.

I really need something that can handle 300-320rwkw, so I am not sure on the PWR one.

However at this stage it seems to be the only solution in terms of price etc.

Any other ones I have been interested in all seem to be still in development. :glad:

Posted
nik,

stock 'cooler:     8 row.

'phoon 'cooler: 12 row.

half of 8 is 4, 8 plus 4 is 12...typhoon 'cooler is 50% larger then stock, not 33%

Dave :k24t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Dave,

Just 'cause he's a useless bugger with percentages etc.. Stop clouding the issue with Facts ! :ermm:

Naah... On second throughs........ Go for it !! :sick::sick:

Pretzel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you useless pr##k's!!!

you forget I use my own mathamatical terms!!! :sick::sick:

what is 2/3 of 12 that's right 8!!! :blush::ermm:

just cause im a pesamistic pr##k dont mean I dont have an equation???

Posted

From my understanding an intercooler will not make power ;)  Only affect your ability to generate power through management of intake temp.  With sustained low intake temps allowing power levels to be sustained.  

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:k24t:

That is also my understanding Aaron. My cooler is at its limit and probably past that. We can real off 1-2 good runs then the intake temp goes through the roof.

I really need something that can handle 300-320rwkw, so I am not sure on the PWR one.

However at this stage it seems to be the only solution in terms of price etc.

Any other ones I have been interested in all seem to be still in development. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in response to you and a pm:

Hi

Just read your post on intercoolers and now im realy confused :sick:

I thought that what ever hp you have the biggest intercooler the better (including standard hp)

Im looking at getting a stage 1 upgrade soon (250rwkw) is ther any advantage in getting a bigger cooler

What would you recommend value for money :sick:

Thanks Carl

cooler size upgrades are always a good idea, now that is if not over done!

this leads to more consistent runs time after time!

the bar and plate coolers like mine are the go as is the aps phiii cooler.

I have 2 sizes 1st for upto 350rwkw and the second for upto 450rwkw which I would say the phiii aps is capable of too!

I cant post prices here so if you are interested call me!

I think most have my number 03 9354 1198

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...