Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 10d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

I am at the stage where changing my intercooler is not an option it is a must. :blush:

There are various members on the forum that have upgraded, and taken on all different types and sizes of intercoolers for their T.

I am in a similar boat to alot of people wanting to upgrade their intercooler, but am unsure of the direction to take.

From a personal perspective, I want an aftermarket cooler that gets the job done with 300rwkw fits into the existing factory mounts and is reasonably priced. There are many others who I believe are in this exact boat.

What are our options?

I know that some members have tried coolers like the PWR option, and have indicated from their experience and tests that they have gone backwards, what are people's thoughts? Is this possible?

Looking on Ebay there are cheap options to possibly suit our needs but is this the way to go?

There are members who are in the throws of developing something, where are you at and what are your thoughts?

I just wanted to open this up to healthy discussion, as I believe it's an area where most people are requiring a solution, but are being reserved in taking the next step due to so many beliefs, options, cost, and the ability to minimise altering their T's, as they want to be able to return them to stock down the track.

What are people's thoughts, opinions and experiences? :nono:

Please feel free to post ideas and pics! :blink:

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
Posted

What ever you do JB dont touch anything PWR not worth the money

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have Emailed Hyperflow about there intercooler as they made some larger ones for a few VL's, they should be out in a month or so, below is a email I sent to the operations director

Hi Fred,

Yes we do, XR6T intercooler kit will be release is month so I will keep you up to date thank you for your inquiry.

Paul Hart

Operations Director

HyperFlow Technologies

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.hyperflow.com.au

Phone: +61 2 4283-2281

Fax: +61 2 4285-3946

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
Posted
I have Emailed Hyperflow about there intercooler as they made some larger ones for a few VL's, they should be out in a month or so, below is a email I sent to the operations director

Hi Fred,

Yes we do, XR6T intercooler kit will be release is month so I will keep you up to date thank you for your inquiry.

Paul Hart

Operations Director

HyperFlow Technologies

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.hyperflow.com.au

Phone: +61 2 4283-2281

Fax: +61 2 4285-3946

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isnt hyperflow the coolers you see in magazine for like $500 for jap cars ??

If so Jb you would be better off with your stock cooler lol

  • Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Berwick Victoria
Posted
I have Emailed Hyperflow about there intercooler as they made some larger ones for a few VL's, they should be out in a month or so, below is a email I sent to the operations director

Hi Fred,

Yes we do, XR6T intercooler kit will be release is month so I will keep you up to date thank you for your inquiry.

Paul Hart

Operations Director

HyperFlow Technologies

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.hyperflow.com.au

Phone: +61 2 4283-2281

Fax: +61 2 4285-3946

Isnt hyperflow the coolers you see in magazine for like $500 for jap cars ??

If so Jb you would be better off with your stock cooler lol

What do you think about the Garret intercoolers? and what size is the way to go?

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
What ever you do JB dont touch anything PWR not worth the money

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adam what IC you using.

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
Posted
I have Emailed Hyperflow about there intercooler as they made some larger ones for a few VL's, they should be out in a month or so, below is a email I sent to the operations director

Hi Fred,

Yes we do, XR6T intercooler kit will be release is month so I will keep you up to date thank you for your inquiry.

Paul Hart

Operations Director

HyperFlow Technologies

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.hyperflow.com.au

Phone: +61 2 4283-2281

Fax: +61 2 4285-3946

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isnt hyperflow the coolers you see in magazine for like $500 for jap cars ??

If so Jb you would be better off with your stock cooler lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you think about the Garret intercoolers? and what size is the way to go?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob

I think I remember you saying you want big power, so a cooler like mine would be the way to go garrett coolers are the best there is no doubt about it you just have to be careful cause there are copies around

Blown BA

Im usng a garrett cooler :blink:

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
I have Emailed Hyperflow about there intercooler as they made some larger ones for a few VL's, they should be out in a month or so, below is a email I sent to the operations director

Hi Fred,

Yes we do, XR6T intercooler kit will be release is month so I will keep you up to date thank you for your inquiry.

Paul Hart

Operations Director

HyperFlow Technologies

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web Site: www.hyperflow.com.au

Phone: +61 2 4283-2281

Fax: +61 2 4285-3946

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isnt hyperflow the coolers you see in magazine for like $500 for jap cars ??

If so Jb you would be better off with your stock cooler lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you think about the Garret intercoolers? and what size is the way to go?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blown BA

Im usng a garrett cooler :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok garrett cooler .....where from and how much :w00t2:

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 21d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

Are Hybid brand any good? I don't think they make them for XR6Ts yet but soon and I should be able to get them at a good price when available.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...