dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 24d Location: Somewhere Posted 23/02/05 10:36 AM Author Posted 23/02/05 10:36 AM Thanks everyone for your great comments......amd yes, I will continue to read the site........I must say though that after nearly 7 months of reading (sionce I bought the car) I'm still bloody confused to say the least......I have had the pleasure of sitting in numerous cars including Mario, George and Macka......and was simply amazed at the power of all 3 cars.My biggest problem is budget.......I will only have around $2K to spend full stop or I'll have a divorce coming up .......Macka,Craig and anyone else, if I should go the Edit, in your opinionswithout any further ado, is this then safe enough to get to my much wanted 300FWKW's???? as really this is my goal.I dont drag, am interested in feul economy. I do like the squirt. I dont drive her that hard.....is it simply to get to around 225-230RWKW and get the remainder 10-15 RWKW's from other upgrades like Exhaust??Confused!!!!dutchie
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 5d Location: Mildura Posted 23/02/05 12:09 PM Posted 23/02/05 12:09 PM Hi Dutchie,In my OP this is really all you need and then some. I have just had a new Auto fitted in mine and in the same situation as yourself. Want a little extra power but more importantly better economy.I you only want to spend $2000 the Edit will do what you want for that price, no worries.As the hardware is around $1300 leaves you with $700 to have a custom tune This what I am planning to do,Get a nice custom tune at 8 psi trying to hold that 8 psi through the entire rpm range if possible. With the tuner spending more time on the economy side of the tune more than the power side.macka
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 2d Gender: Male Posted 23/02/05 02:15 PM Posted 23/02/05 02:15 PM Yes, that auto is very strong. I've modified the BTR auto in an turbo ED and its run at least 20 times doing flat 13s at 112mph and no slippage. Without the mod the trans would sh*t itself at 250rwkw with the ED. I think Nizpro do the same mod as me but I have also taken it a step closer by having softer shifts during normal driving and only harder shifts at load. The secret to getting the bands to hold together is quickening those shifts. Without modding the trans you are pouring money down the drain. Increasing line pressure via the pressure relief valve is not necessary up to around 300kw.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/02/05 03:13 PM Posted 23/02/05 03:13 PM Mine only lastest about 7000 kms with 280 rwkw, I was racing it a fair bit though & doing heaps of 2nd gear 6000rpm burnouts everywhere.As you do.Anyway, I got it built with kevlar clutches, modified valve body, etc,etcslightly higher stall. Have done about 8000 kms with new trans & 335 rwkw, & it is still perfect ( ran 11.9 last night, still do heaps of sick burnouts, & have never had a trans cooler on it)Now, with the new edit, it changes even better.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can I ask how much this rebuild cost you?Dazza.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 24/02/05 05:14 AM Posted 24/02/05 05:14 AM My biggest problem is budget.......I will only have around $2K to spend full stop or I'll have a divorce coming up .......Confused!!!!dutchie<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your only going to 240rwkw stick a trans cooler in that way you can keep them both happy.........IE wife and car :lol:
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 25/02/05 03:42 AM Posted 25/02/05 03:42 AM Just done my injectors and fuel pump this week with 255 rwkw, valve springs next week so then it may be around 265-270rwkw. Straight away will get the auto upgrade same place as Geea takes his. Dont want to take any risks and wait a while. I have driven Geea's car and his auto upgrade feels mighty strong and smooth. Rob...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now