kramo Member 163 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/01/05 07:31 AM Posted 09/01/05 07:31 AM I was under the impression this scraping noise that every second BA Falcon that drives past me makes was actually the drums for the handbrake. Now after reading this post I am confused. Is it actually the rear discs making this noise, and if so, what does it have to do with the handbrake? I got my shoosh shoosh noise fixed recently and I noticed after picking the car up the handbrake was only coming up about 3 clicks instead of about 8.
kramo Member 163 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/01/05 11:22 AM Posted 18/01/05 11:22 AM That scraping noise is back again!Anyone know any dealers around the city or nothern suburbs of Melbourne that actually know how to fix this problem? Getting sick of taking it back to my dealer. That's 4 times now. They obviously have no idea, or don't care, probably the latter.Geea, who's the guy that fixed yours?
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 18/01/05 11:29 AM Posted 18/01/05 11:29 AM That scraping noise is back again!Anyone know any dealers around the city or nothern suburbs of Melbourne that actually know how to fix this problem? Getting sick of taking it back to my dealer. That's 4 times now. They obviously have no idea, or don't care, probably the latter.Geea, who's the guy that fixed yours? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Look at the first post Dynowog. (Nick)He's in Coburg just off Murray Rd.Not that far from Bundoora.
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 2m 29d Location: sydney Posted 19/01/05 12:18 AM Posted 19/01/05 12:18 AM anyone in sydney that can do this apart from the dealers?
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 13d Location: Mexico Posted 19/01/05 12:30 AM Posted 19/01/05 12:30 AM I've already had this issue on my MkII (only 3000k's) I requested this scrape noise be fixed and sure enough they said it was but its still there!They must love to see my face
kramo Member 163 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/01/05 09:00 AM Posted 19/01/05 09:00 AM Look at the first postThanks
Guest TRACK Guests Posted 19/01/05 01:56 PM Posted 19/01/05 01:56 PM Picked my car up this afternoon after a 2 days stay at the dealer for a 60K services and about 8 things to fix. The handbrake scrape noise being one of them. All they did was the service, fix the handbrake and re-flash the car.Time will tell if the reflash was effective. The handbrake no longer makes the scrape noise, but it now doesn't work either WTF!!! that's 5 times with this issue. When I turn up at the dealer in the morning, he will think I have come to tell him all is well, as that's what he always assumes, but alass, we will have words, and the car will be parked in the way, while we do!!
Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 7m 23d Gender: Not Telling Posted 19/01/05 09:27 PM Posted 19/01/05 09:27 PM I had the swooshing problem with mine. After 3 attempts, and an ineefective park brake every time they finally replaced the shoes. Apparently they warp, and they dont know why. Anyway, that was 4 months ago and all is well now.Does anyone on here know much about brakes? Just wondering if I went to the PBR performance brakes whether this means that the park brake is replaced as well, and also whether this eliminates the problem?
Guest TRACK Guests Posted 20/01/05 06:02 AM Posted 20/01/05 06:02 AM I have the Ford Premium brakes (which are a PBR item, arn't they? I may need back pedal here if required) and the handbrake issues are still there.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 23d Gender: Male Posted 20/01/05 06:53 AM Posted 20/01/05 06:53 AM what a pain it is to fix the hand brake setup on xr6ts when they are seized. geeas h/brake was noisy and one of the last things to do b4 his trip to kick butt!!!! what was concerning though was the amount of distortion / out of round disk h/brake surface was its nowonder they squeal in car parks etc it was also concerning the amout of rust seizing things in such a new car!disks seized to hubsh/brake adjusters seizednot easy but fixed good luck geea on your trip!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had a bit of break noise like that as well yesterday. I took it back to the dealer and they sorted it. Its a bit embarrasing driving slow and its squeeling quite loud. Never mind fixed now. I agree it Shouldnt happen to a new car in saying that. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mines RH as well and its back
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now