dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/01/05 04:59 AM Posted 07/01/05 04:59 AM so I should buy an auto???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not a chance! Even with little items mentioned in this thread, the 6 speed is just so much better to drive with. Autos are for taxi's
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 22y 10d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 07/01/05 05:38 AM Author Posted 07/01/05 05:38 AM so I should buy an auto???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not a chance! Even with little items mentioned in this thread, the 6 speed is just so much better to drive with. Autos are for taxi's <{POST_SNAPBACK}>had auto I like the 6 speed got a few noises but over autosNO WAR INTENDED
Mr_GT Member 31 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Posted 07/01/05 01:34 PM Posted 07/01/05 01:34 PM When you say 'shifter' are you saying that it was teh gear sick itself that made the noise??PA<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeh the actual gear stick was making the rattling noise. But I think it will come back after time because ther is still a little bit of rattle in third. So I dont know for 100% that this will fix the problem.
BA-PHOON Member 67 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Posted 07/01/05 01:47 PM Posted 07/01/05 01:47 PM More news on the gearbox noises.... and maybe how to get shod of them!I was just over on the '*notallowed*.com' site and Hypnodoc has had some synthetic gearbox oil put in his F6 box...... apparently no more noises!Oil Spec etc is included in his post (sorry, I'm not sure how to post a hyperlink yet!) and so is a link to the suppliers site.Sounds like expensive stuff.... but it may get rid of the noise!,,,worth thinking about!
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 07/01/05 10:35 PM Posted 07/01/05 10:35 PM so I should buy an auto???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not a chance! Even with little items mentioned in this thread, the 6 speed is just so much better to drive with. Autos are for taxi's <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah right personaly I would'nt enjoy getting my arse handed to me by stock taxi's at every set of light's :lol:
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 22y 10d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 15/01/05 02:34 AM Author Posted 15/01/05 02:34 AM Well I done the goo after last weekends cruise sun b!tch not changing gears not going into gears.of to sydney next week for 5 days went to dealer today leaving it there for a week told them its all best be fixed when I get back. ie; rear boot alinement,not going into gears ,noise in the gear box the thing reving its head off when its cold 2000 -3500 rpm is not the auto choke (was going to give him the auto smack in the mouth) :as*hole: but they offered to take me to the airport and pick me up when I come back
WBT56 Mal Wood Automotive Member 457 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Gender: Male Posted 15/01/05 09:14 AM Posted 15/01/05 09:14 AM ...Yes this noise is normal, as its your front gearbox bearing loading up.Put Non synthetic mineral based oil in and it'll stop in about 2 mins. But it'll void your warranty just as quick. Ford run dexron 3 for a reason. Put up with it, its anoying yes, but it does it for a reason.And no it cant hurt anything.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What a crock. Putting gear oil in will wreck the box very quickly. I will have to go through all of this in another thread, it seems.
fraggle Yes I am too tall for my hair Member 261 Member For: 22y 10d Location: Launceston Tasmania. Posted 16/01/05 06:55 AM Author Posted 16/01/05 06:55 AM bugger me moved the t out today to get the mower out big oil spill on the ground WTF not happy roll on tuesday morning. I might have calmed down bye then
dave- Member 157 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Location: Melbourne Posted 17/01/05 06:55 AM Posted 17/01/05 06:55 AM Well had the 3000km non service done today and their solution to my gearbox issues, which are getting worse was to tighten up the shifter. I have no doubt that my problems are related to a fault from manufacture as its gradually getting worse. 1st thru to 4th now all rattle while accelerating above 3000rpm and while cruising. 300m down from the dealer after turning the radio off, I could hear the noise. The sooner these idiots solve my niggling issues, the sooner I can get an edit and take matters into my own hands
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now