Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)
My question to the guys would be that the PCM records certain things as so when it goes to the dealer it tells them what has been happeing with the operation of the car? Correct?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, that's what I'm wondering. Anyone that's used a computer before would know that as soon as you change something, the date and time you did it is logged.

Even if you flashed the stock tune back into the PCM say this morning and drove to the dealer so it populated all those "records", I'd still say that when the dealer plugged their diagnostic equipment in, it would be possible for them to see that the current tune/data only goes back to the same time you did the stock flash this morning.

I don't know how creditable it would be to say you disconnected the battery etc but surely they'd raise an eyebrow eventually?

Edited by dave-
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Any ECU flash timestamp would be stored in non-volatile memory, meaning that its not erased when disconnecting the battery. :blush:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Any ECU flash timestamp would be stored in non-volatile memory, meaning that its not erased when disconnecting the battery. :blush:

Ok but what about the flashing and reflashing of different programms?

Plus the recording of data for diagnosis bewteen services? :ermm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 9d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I'm interested to see what happens when these edited cars make a visit to a ford dealer. I know its been said that if you flash back the stock tune Ford is none the wiser but I just need some convincing ermm.gif

I don't think it would because the PCM is a flash device with minimal memory to log events which need to be recorded. There fore it would require a small program within the PCM itself which I don't believe ford would have planned for

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
I'm interested to see what happens when these edited cars make a visit to a ford dealer. I know its been said that if you flash back the stock tune Ford is none the wiser but I just need some convincing ermm.gif

I don't think it would because the PCM is a flash device with minimal memory to log events which need to be recorded. There fore it would require a small program within the PCM itself which I don't believe ford would have planned for

I am happy to be corrected but, aparently my belief was it can tell you things like error codes, avg revs, top speed etc, plus other things that the dealers can use?

If that information is all blank because there has been no info recorded, won't that ring alarm bells?

:blush:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 9d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

That is true but it is only able to hold so many error codes. If on wednesday you may find on monday that enough events have been recorded to overite that one event. if you reflash back a couple of days before the service should all be good.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
I'm interested to see what happens when these edited cars make a visit to a ford dealer. I know its been said that if you flash back the stock tune Ford is none the wiser but I just need some convincing ermm.gif

I don't think it would because the PCM is a flash device with minimal memory to log events which need to be recorded. There fore it would require a small program within the PCM itself which I don't believe ford would have planned for

I am happy to be corrected but, aparently my belief was it can tell you things like error codes, avg revs, top speed etc, plus other things that the dealers can use?

If that information is all blank because there has been no info recorded, won't that ring alarm bells?

:blush:

Are we sure that the sct edit does not record information and you can see it just as you would your normal recorded information??? If this was the case then the only thing you would have to worry about is your dealer flashing over your settings? just because your dealer flashes your pcm does it stop recording info??

just a thought :ermm:

  • fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Point Cook, Vic
Posted

good dialogue going... now wheres Street Tuner to answer this?!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 16d
  • Location: gippsland
Posted

I had a service the other day,not a word from the dealer :w00t2:

It was set to factory settings the night before

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
It was manual, I'm not sure of the stock figure exactly I think it was 203kw. DW Was there he may remember.

mmmmmmm sounds a lot for a stock T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No that sounds about right for a stock manual. My Manual T had 205rwkw stock, I have seen 210rwkw on a stock Manual T. Most seem to avg around 200rwkw autos around 185-190rwkw.

Manuals have more power than autos, autos are quicker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In a straight line........ :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AND ... for people who can't drive ... :w00t2::w00t2::k24t:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...