Edit Review

Mals BA XR6T

• Member For: 21y 4m 26d

Guys,

I've run the edit today, please see a short list below

THE GOOD

1. Great mid range, and feels very strong (8 PSI Tune)

2. The 8 PSI tune hits "Power Band" at 4500 rpm

3. Great mid range, and feels even stronger (10 PSI Tune)

4. Gear shifts no longer have the reduced power/torque when changing (Auto)

5. Breaks traction very easy (this could be bad :) )

6. The 10 PSI tune has smooth power until about 5200 rpm

7. Quick and easy to install

THE BAD

1. The mid range pull (peak) from the 8 PSI tune goes away after a short drive (I think it's the tune learning the correct settings?? Although I liked it, I suspect this is actually 'Good')

2. No change to bottom end pull. I'm not impressed about this, I was lead to believe it would be improved.

3. The gear changes are NOT firmer, IMO they are the same (excluding point 3 of THE GOOD of course)

THE UGLY

1. If traction control comes on at higher speeds a few times (say 60kms), it disables itself?? I'm not impressed about this at all

2. Power at a higher rev range on the 10 PSI tune drops off quickly (above about 5200 rpm) I've reverted back to the 8 PSI as it feels much better.

If anyone has any comments please feel free to post.

Street Tuner, if you could comment on my experience that would be great.

Please guys, I'm not interested in talking about alternative products, I've paid for the Flash Tuner, and that is all I'm interested in now regardless if it still needs some more development. I'm happy to work with CAPA/Street Tuner and provide some feedback

Thanks

Mal

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• god bless my kids
  • Member For: 20y 4d

mine is a manual and the first thing I notice was on excelaration before it was like it was pulsing and now just direct power

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d

Thanks mate for a well informed report with out all the crap

The traction control is my worry, the wife complains now about that, and mine is stock

Thanks Mal

• Member For: 21y 4m 5d
THE BAD

1. The mid range pull (peak) from the 8 PSI tune goes away after a short drive (I think it's the tune learning the correct settings?? Although I liked it, I suspect this is actually 'Good')

Correct this is good, its the system perfecting its closed loop boost control

2. No change to bottom end pull. I'm not impressed about this, I was lead to believe it would be improved.

The turbo can only 'spool' as fast as the compressor/turbine match will let it. The software is set to the 'instant ramp' timer in the program. It also runs much more boost at low throttle openings than a stock or piggybacked car.

3. The gear changes are NOT firmer, IMO they are the same (excluding point 3 of THE GOOD of course)

Commanded line pressure is at maximum for the force motor in your gearbox. The shifts might not feel any firmer because we stop the throttle from closing down the power on gearchange. If the throttle was allowed to shut (like stock) the shift would chirp the wheels.

THE UGLY

1. If traction control comes on at higher speeds a few times (say 60kms), it disables itself?? I'm not impressed about this at all

This is not a function of the PCM program, but rather your ABS system. It would seem you have a faulty wheel speed sensor, or have pushed the system outside of its external bounds....but isnt it good to lose traction over 60km/h?

2. Power at a higher rev range on the 10 PSI tune drops off quickly (above about 5200 rpm) I've reverted back to the 8 PSI as it feels much better.

It actually feels better at 8psi because the system doesn't ramp power down higher in the rev range to stop the injectors from 'maxxing out'. Its there to protect the engine, and it works. ie. you wont blow your engine or transmission with this software, which is more than can be said for a lot of other systems out there.

Thanks

Mal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem

• god bless my kids
  • Member For: 20y 4d

well tomorrow I am trying the 8 psi

tub=ner what would be the power of the 8 psi map