Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 19/12/04 09:59 PM Posted 19/12/04 09:59 PM My old 2ltr skyline ran consistent 107 to 109mph, but the best time I could manage was 13.7. What's even more confusing is that it had only 180rwkw.There seems to be no set formula for drag racing apart from having fun . As was posted earlier there are too many variables.Peter<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Skyline would weigh considerably less than a XR6T.This d!ck measuring contest is getting very boring. Who really cares how many RWKW, MPH and 1/4 mile time, just drive the dammned cars and enjoy them!
Guest jteale Guests Posted 19/12/04 10:19 PM Posted 19/12/04 10:19 PM I realise there are some gnuinely interested people on the forums, but it appears to me there is more people afraid to admit there is a great option available that does not follow the normal route, and IS PERFORMING as expected..... Pretzel<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretzel,Don't give up mate ... some of us are extremely interested in your results, as I am always interested in alternatives ... I have chosen another Tuner and path but still get much interest from technical posts like yours ...Keep up the good work ... and don't let it get you down Cheers, Jason.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 3d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 19/12/04 10:20 PM Posted 19/12/04 10:20 PM Macka, Jeff has 2 "T's". He has quoted the power and times for both. The [email protected] mph 242 rwkw's is for his auto. The 13.01@115mph 302rwkw is for his manual. Geea. JB has a manual with around 270-280 rwkw and was a couple of 10's behind and has had many more runs on the track than Pretzel. Would have been good to see JB have a run in Pretzels car, might have cracked a high 12Hey Guys, I am a little late into the discussion, but I have talked with Pretzel at much length about this all.Macka, just to let you know I have only had my T down the qtr 3 times, all on the same night, so I have had one pass more than Brett. As he has found out there is a real art to getting the manual off the line, get it right and you will have the best pass, get it wrong even by 100rpm and it can make up to half a second difference. My runs that night I had clutch slip predominately halfway down the qtr at full power in 3rd and 4th, not neccessarily off the line.From my perspective I have 260rwkw, I think on an absolutely perfect run if lucky I could crack into a 12.9, but personally that will take much practice and would be like looking for a win on the lottery.The thing was I consistently had 107mph on all three runs the difference was my 60ft. I had a 13.8, 13.7 then a 13.4 with a 2.2 60ft which was crap.I am happy to take Pretzels car down the track, from the info posted I think I can get it into the 12's with some practice :lol: I would say from times and 60ft etc he has around 280rwkw, which I am no way bagging, would be extremely happy to see that sort of power with the limited mods he has done. Get the clutch uprated, and dial on some more power that would be interesting.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 3d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 19/12/04 10:22 PM Posted 19/12/04 10:22 PM I ran 13.3 with my exede and larger fuel pump...I thought I only had 258rwkw...damn tuners always getting it wrong :lol: Well done Pretzel...at least you were out there having a go JB you are manual are'nt you?This also backs my statement and starts to show some consistency. Nearly same power as mine, same time .01 what was your MPH?
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 3d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 19/12/04 10:33 PM Posted 19/12/04 10:33 PM Pretzel I would just like to take it for a drive, you can feel pretty quickly in a manual the differences in power.Mate lets head down to calder in Jan and go have some fun. I just want to run against another modded Manual, as I am keen to see how I go. From your figure we will be very close, as long as you do not dial in any more power I am happy to particiapte in any comparison dyno, track whatever, at the end of the day I just do it for fun, and could not give a who wins, it's the enjoyment of it all.Congrats to you and Nick on what you have achieved, if there is more in it great, if not, still a great effort, and exiciting to see a different path taken in moddying these bloody quick cars.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 20/12/04 12:56 AM Posted 20/12/04 12:56 AM I ran 13.3 with my exede and larger fuel pump...I thought I only had 258rwkw...damn tuners always getting it wrong :lol: Well done Pretzel...at least you were out there having a go <{POST_SNAPBACK}>JB you are manual are'nt you?This also backs my statement and starts to show some consistency. Nearly same power as mine, same time .01 what was your MPH?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>John's car is auto.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/12/04 02:18 AM Posted 20/12/04 02:18 AM Jeff has 2 "T's". He has quoted the power and times for both. The 13.01@115mph 302rwkw is for his manual. 13.01 @ 115 mph. with 302 rwkw. Jeff13.2 @111 mph with 300 rwkw. PretzelIt's funny how no one disputes Jeff's time and rwkw but when it comes to Pretzel and Dynowog everyone thinks there is something shifty going on. That's what has me confused. I dont see anyone having a shot at Jeff's mates car because it has a roughly $10K APS Phase 3 system & that's about the 1st time I've seen him mention the manual going down the 1/4.ScottyScotty,great point, thanks for bringing it up (I didn't want to because then I would just get abused for saying it !)..... Perhaps from what you're saying I should have not given a sh*t about times, run a 15 second pass to artificially increase the MPH (However that works... I'm with you Macka on that one !) Then I would have had a higher MPH, and you would have complained about a slow ET !PretzelI hope that little hissy fit wasn't aimed at me Pretzel as I've never bagged your car once. I'm simply stating the Jeff's mates car has all the go fast bits & then some & is expected to run quick times. However you haven't altered your car nearly as much or fully disclsed the truth behind your upgrades & how your figures were obtained with so many stock components, then you get upset when people can't compute, for my $$$$$$$ I hope you are quoting genuine figures, all the more rosey for us all in the long runScotty
Guest Guests Posted 20/12/04 02:40 AM Posted 20/12/04 02:40 AM ktford dont think he was going at you!the point is he has been telling the truth and it seems the masses that have been spending up big must be feeling like fools and not liking it so they try to make themselves feel les silly by trying to disprove what deep down inside they know to be true!if it makes people feel better ill charge double and split the diference with the site!no they wouildnot like that either?
Pretzel EMS makes MAGIC MUMBO ! Member 192 Member For: 22y 9m 18d Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/04 03:15 AM Author Posted 20/12/04 03:15 AM Jeff has 2 "T's". He has quoted the power and times for both. The 13.01@115mph 302rwkw is for his manual. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>13.01 @ 115 mph. with 302 rwkw. Jeff13.2 @111 mph with 300 rwkw. PretzelIt's funny how no one disputes Jeff's time and rwkw but when it comes to Pretzel and Dynowog everyone thinks there is something shifty going on. That's what has me confused. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont see anyone having a shot at Jeff's mates car because it has a roughly $10K APS Phase 3 system & that's about the 1st time I've seen him mention the manual going down the 1/4.Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Scotty,great point, thanks for bringing it up (I didn't want to because then I would just get abused for saying it !)..... Perhaps from what you're saying I should have not given a sh*t about times, run a 15 second pass to artificially increase the MPH (However that works... I'm with you Macka on that one !) Then I would have had a higher MPH, and you would have complained about a slow ET !Pretzel<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hope that little hissy fit wasn't aimed at me Pretzel as I've never bagged your car once. I'm simply stating the Jeff's mates car has all the go fast bits & then some & is expected to run quick times. However you haven't altered your car nearly as much or fully disclsed the truth behind your upgrades & how your figures were obtained with so many stock components, then you get upset when people can't compute, for my $$$$$$$ I hope you are quoting genuine figures, all the more rosey for us all in the long runScotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Scotty,No definately not aimed at you , I just used your point as my first bit as it was something I was thinking, I probably didn't distinguish enough between thanking you for that point, and then my ranting !Sorry to have confused ya !
Pretzel EMS makes MAGIC MUMBO ! Member 192 Member For: 22y 9m 18d Location: Melbourne Posted 20/12/04 03:29 AM Author Posted 20/12/04 03:29 AM However you haven't altered your car nearly as much or fully disclsed the truth behind your upgrades & how your figures were obtained with so many stock components, then you get upset when people can't compute, for my $$$$$$$ I hope you are quoting genuine figures, all the more rosey for us all in the long runScotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Scotty,Regarding what I have quoted or kept hidden, I'll confess to you right here and now the hidden bits in the configuration.....They are:(Hmmm let me think........)I don't think I've stated I use Mobil Synergy yet have I ?....Yep that's about it.I have never claimed something power wise etc. that I have not seen myself, I have also not hidden anything, In fact the car has been looked at by a few people, and when I do get it to APS, they will be checking injectors etc..Do you really think I'd go so far trying to prove what I have done only to lie about it (Which will only be found out in the end anyhow and make me look stoopid!)Anyone is welcome to inspect the vehicle to satisfy themselves about what has or hasn't beed done........ Or they can ask..... But they don't seem to want to believe the answer anyway ! At Calder if people wanted to look under the bonnet it was opened...I have nothing to hide !So as for the getting upset, it's not so much getting upset about people not being able to compute(I posted information to try to help people in the first place), it's more the fact that they won't accept the FACTS.... if I had modified injectors for example, I'd tell you ! It's the accusations of lying, or trying to deceive you that I object to ! The Miss-quoting etc..I can only offer the truth, if people are too blind to accept it then it's their problem ! Pretzel
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now