KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 17/12/04 03:32 AM Posted 17/12/04 03:32 AM Does any know of an ISP that has a plan that fits the following criteria?1. 1.5Mbit/>=256Kbit2. Unlimited/Uncapped3. ~$100/mthDon't care about:1. Email addresses2. Games servers3. Static IP addressSuggestions?
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 17/12/04 03:39 AM Posted 17/12/04 03:39 AM Have a look at the WestNet site.www.westnet.com.auThey have a few 1.5Mb unlimited plans. Well one of the best I could find that gave "customer service".
Lord Cyric Just sit back and enjoy the ride...! Legacy Donating Member 1,121 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 17/12/04 03:43 AM Posted 17/12/04 03:43 AM Does any know of an ISP that has a plan that fits the following criteria?1. 1.5Mbit/>=256Kbit2. Unlimited/Uncapped3. ~$100/mthView this link from Broadband Choice (a sub-site of Whirlpool). Have fun....
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 17/12/04 03:44 AM Author Posted 17/12/04 03:44 AM Have a look at the WestNet site.www.westnet.com.auThey have a few 1.5Mb unlimited plans. Well one of the best I could find that gave "customer service".<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the pointer, but they're pretty much the same as eveyone else .. they say "unlimited" but cap the speed after a measily monthly download limit. I need speed without capping after so many Gig ... Thanks anyway.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 17/12/04 03:46 AM Author Posted 17/12/04 03:46 AM View this link from Broadband Choice (a sub-site of Whirlpool). Have fun.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now you're talking ...
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 17/12/04 03:49 AM Author Posted 17/12/04 03:49 AM I currently have unlimited/uncapped 512/128 ADSL.My avg monthly usage floats between 30 and 50 Gig.I'm happy with the current plan, just want a little more speed, cause some of the patches/updates that I download are 500Mb (or more) each!
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 17/12/04 03:59 AM Posted 17/12/04 03:59 AM I'm going for a $49.99 plan, it's "capped" but for the price. ISP I'm swapping to is TPG.1.5MB/256k20GB download limit, throttles down to 64k after the 20GB limit is reached.PPPoE/Dynamic IP (Like I care, as long as it works).6 month contract.<WOOT>!!!!!
FORDXR Member 80 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Posted 17/12/04 04:04 AM Posted 17/12/04 04:04 AM One word, "QOS".
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 17/12/04 05:45 AM Posted 17/12/04 05:45 AM Does any know of an ISP that has a plan that fits the following criteria?1. 1.5Mbit/>=256Kbit2. Unlimited/Uncapped3. ~$100/mth<{POST_SNAPBACK}>View this link from Broadband Choice (a sub-site of Whirlpool). Have fun.... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You beat me to it
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/12/04 08:30 AM Posted 17/12/04 08:30 AM I'm going for a $49.99 plan, it's "capped" but for the price. ISP I'm swapping to is TPG.1.5MB/256k20GB download limit, throttles down to 64k after the 20GB limit is reached.PPPoE/Dynamic IP (Like I care, as long as it works).6 month contract.<WOOT>!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's the one I've got at home - can only recall once that I had problems with the connection and it was resolved within a couple of hours. I'm as happy as a pig in sh1t with it.Trent.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now