Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
Posted
you are very quick to attack sct with the first car out ..wait till there a few sct edit cars on the road before opening your mouth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so what your saying is that you put in a slack effort when releasing a new product in a new market............get real. :wub:

They had the head tuner/journalist flown in to Melbourne in order to develop the magic tune and guess what, it's slower than the Unichip on the same car...............what a huge effort. :wub:

Peter

  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 24d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Well that's always possible though I'm sure APS will always have fast T's and Boss powered Fords running at the strip and on the street. w00t2.gif

Thanks

Peter

Peter I dont doubt that for a minute !

Its all good mate, more choice for the consumer.

  • god bless my kids
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: claremont meadows, sydney
Posted

I think he is worried about losing more of the market that's why he gets very defencive

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
Posted
Peter I dont doubt that for a minute !

Its all good mate, more choice for the consumer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough and all I'm trying to get across is the tuner and his knowledge is also very important...............not just the technology. :wub:

As you know APS will release the APSedit product in the near future and all I'm saying is that the edit products are NOT be all, end all in terms of tuning technology. :wub:

Thanks

Peter

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
Posted
I think he is worried about losing more of the market that's why he gets very defencive

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's really funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Just some quick MPH / KW figures from my car over time. I have averaged out the mph at the different power levels.

230 RWKW = 100mph

280 RWKW = 111mph

335 RWKW = 120mph

Some runs were higher or lower but these were averages over at least 8 runs at each power level.

Forget bad starts, bad changes and wheel spin, I have time slips with nearly a second difference over the quarter mile at the same power level BUT THE MPH DOES NOT CHANGE.

Now mine is turbo and not a Boss but vehicle weight and MPH over the 1/4 mile will always show the real power of the car across the whole rev range, not just peak power.

Guest hsveater
  • Guests
Posted

you are very quick to attack sct with the first car out ..wait till there a few sct edit cars on the road before opening your mouth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so what your saying is that you put in a slack effort when releasing a new product in a new market............get real. :spoton:

They had the head tuner/journalist flown in to Melbourne in order to develop the magic tune and guess what, it's slower than the Unichip on the same car...............what a huge effort. :ermm:

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe the head tuner/journalist should have driven it down the 1/4 and things may have been different!

I'm sure Martin Donon would no doubt have some excellent edits written for exhaust modified GT's if he'd even spent 1/10 the time APS has on their R&D tunes!!! One man against a company ... impressive feat Peter

Everyone realises interceptors make it less time consuming to tune performance but if it stalling, starting, and a # of other issues can't be addressed with interceptors their only good for seeing how far you can throw em! :spoton:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Personally I think from his perspective it may come down to the driver, then again it maybe the GT itself, as I have never seen anyone do any better than around the mid 13's.

Once again it's not a dig at Cam, it may just be a matter of practice as it's alot harder to consistantly punt a car down the qtr and get a good time than people think. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JB, are you trying to say that Deano and I are great drivers. :spoton:

On a serious note. I don't think the product is really important. The edit has features that the piggy backs dont. Stuff like rev limits and torque tags. These are all great features. What people are forgetting is that no matter how good the edit is it will still only be as good as the person tuning it.

Most people with under 300rwkw's will probably never have a real need for increased rev limits and less torque protection. To do these things you would probably need stronger internals and a heavily rebuilt auto/manual. These are the features that are being heavily promoted. I think that sooner rather than latter that HPF will use the edit on my car. Possibly more for R&D than anything else. If I had my old car I doubt that I would be contemplating the edit at all.

I think for most people chasing 240-280rwkw's the most important factor would be who is actually doing the tuning. I've had and been in many cars that have been in this power range and they were great. I doubt you would find many people that have cars with this power that are unhappy with them.

In my opinion things have changed but are still the same. We have alot of options for making our cars go quicker but the poeple actually doing the mods and tuning are still the most important factor.

Just an observation too. How many quick Herrod or CAPA BA Fords have people seen in the last 2 years? I can't think of any but I do stand ready to be corrected.

Geea. :ermm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
Posted

you are very quick to attack sct with the first car out ..wait till there a few sct edit cars on the road before opening your mouth

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so what your saying is that you put in a slack effort when releasing a new product in a new market............get real. :spoton:

They had the head tuner/journalist flown in to Melbourne in order to develop the magic tune and guess what, it's slower than the Unichip on the same car...............what a huge effort. :spoton:

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure Martin Donon would no doubt have some excellent edits written for exhaust modified GT's if he'd even spent 1/10 the time APS has on their R&D tunes!!! One man against a company ... impressive feat Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that's my entire point if the engine is tuned REAL Time (you will have an optimum tuning strategy in a few hours) you don't need months of RandD time to acheive the optimum state of engine tune. :ermm:

Oh here we again poor little tuna, the one man band up against the big bad company............give me a break will you, this has been done to death. :msm:

Peter

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 25d
Posted
What people are forgetting is that no matter how good the edit is it will still only be as good as the person tuning it.

Geea. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geea absolutely 100% spot on the money, the technology is very important though NOT more important than the knowledge of the tuner. :spoton:

Thanks

Peter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...