NighEve Member 193 Member For: 22y 1m 13d Posted 14/12/04 12:57 PM Posted 14/12/04 12:57 PM I know this issue has been done to death, and yet I m sure there are some people interested to hear the latest information unfolding in the overboost fix narrative...Had my car into the dealer again today to have the boost actuator solenoid reconnected (as I find it drives worse when bypassed). Anyway, I thought I would ask the dealer in vain whether the "fix" had arrived from Ford Answer was a blunt "No"To cover both bases I contacted Ford customer relations and was put through to dispute resolution. This was at 1115hrs today speaking to an officer named "Sohan [spelling?]I asked the same question re: fix.... "No there is currently no fix and we are aware and working on it currently and expect it to be ready in the next few days - actually I am nearly 100 per cent confident we'll have it in the next week" [this is sounding familiar...]I say - "Really? So what is the deal with the press release from Ford stating that the problem has been resolved a few weeks ago and you could go to your dealer and have it fixed?" Response - "Oh do you mean the one where they are talking about the Typhoon and the clutch problem? Yeah, ummm, well that was actually incorrect information unfortunately".Me - "Really? Incorrect? So Ford make a habbit of making press release statements that are totally untrue for the unsuspecting motoring buyers reading the papers, and yet when it comes to the indivdual customer you can now just say it was incorrect... No press release to apologise and put things right I bet!"Response - "We are really sorry and like I have said it will be ready shortly. I'll take your name and deatils and call you and have a dealer ready to fix it as soon as the new calibration is out" [and I wil be hanging by my telephone... ]You can think this whole press release thing is due to incompetencefrom the PR involved, or suspect it is plainly deceptive and dishonest (my bet is on the latter). Ford are just thinking of portraying a "clean and responsible" image to the prospective buyer - get the dollars now, bugger the customer later Why else would they slam the test drivers of the Typhoon? To cover the defective product and keep those sales moving....Why else would they tell mistruths about the overboost fix? To cover the defective product and keep those sales moving....
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 14/12/04 01:04 PM Posted 14/12/04 01:04 PM Im afraid the truth and the dollar dont mix sometimes NighEve, and I think you know this well.
Guest TRACK Guests Posted 15/12/04 05:07 AM Posted 15/12/04 05:07 AM I spoke with Haymish at FORD yesterday, and when I asked him about the overboost fix, he also said there isn't one yet. They are working on it and it probably won't be out before Christmas. When I mentioned the article in the Drive section of the paper last week, he told me that was for the temporary fix, untill the can get the proper fix out.
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Location: Mexico Posted 15/12/04 05:27 AM Posted 15/12/04 05:27 AM (edited) Interesting, I recently picked up my Mk2 XR6T and after reading the earlier thread about the overboost fix, I call my dealer and asked him about it. The answer was as expected .. "I didn't know anything about it!" (Yeh right) "but I've checked with our service department and confirmed that your Mk2 has the new fix".........After reading your post I've got the WTF syndrome, and am a lille bit p*issed off.I must admit I havent really noticed the problem yet, but then again I'm taking it easy (for the first 1000 anyway). Better be careful them ford dealers, or they have a big drama unfold in their show rooms. Edited 15/12/04 05:33 AM by Turbofalke
Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 7m 24d Gender: Not Telling Posted 15/12/04 06:00 AM Posted 15/12/04 06:00 AM Geez TurbofalkeThis overboost thingy does not affect all cars, in fact from I have read only a small percentage of them.For the sake of your sanity, dont go looking for problems.I've had mine for 20 months and never a hint of overboost.My 1.2c worth
dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Location: Somewhere Posted 15/12/04 06:10 AM Posted 15/12/04 06:10 AM I would agree with Henry........I've had my T for just on 5 months and only had overboost 3-4 times........mainly when it was cold in the morning.......My father has a new Audi Turbo worth $80K and he constantly gets overboost as well.........Seems this is a common problem with Turbos these days.........dutchie
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 15d Location: Mexico Posted 15/12/04 06:29 AM Posted 15/12/04 06:29 AM Henry / Duchie, Good advice. I'm wrapped with the car at the moment
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 15/12/04 10:06 AM Posted 15/12/04 10:06 AM I have nothing but sweet sweet joyful driving with my car... has been like that from the first day.except the brake issue which was more my disliking for them... now with the PBR Kit on the beast it's all good.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now