Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted (edited)

Who is up for a cruise and barbie? How about we organise something for Easter long weekend (April 18-21)?

(Those that have already replied in the other thread need not post again Chris will move your posts).

Maybe a BBQ at Black Mountain Peninsula and then a cruise up Mt Ainslie - any other suggestions? Friday or Sunday are good for me, I have to work Saturday. Interstators are welcome. BYO everything (except BBQ!).

Edited by CJF077
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Falchoon - my turbo badge is definitely still there... :)

Let's do an ACT and surrounds XR-T day!

Perhaps do a Bay cruise and bbq or just photo shoots down by lake burley griffin... :)

And BlueXR6T - Amen to that. When I first went up the clyde in my xr6t... my gawd.

Out handled my celica, out grunted my friends VS clubbie...

Only one word. YUM.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
Posted
I did the run to the Bay and back on the Public holiday Monday :thumbsup: :lol:

It must have been the day for it because I saw three Utes in convoy coming up as I was going down.

As my first time coming up the Clyde in any car all I can say is the T is like a rocket sled on rails :huh:

Aww dammit, chose the wrong day. I did the bridge to bridge (Qbn to Bbay) on sunday morning of the canberra day weekend. Didn't see any other BA XR's, just a Fairmont and a couple of XT's.

And yes, what a fantastic drive up the mountain. Mine was still under 1k on the clock, so I was taking it a little easy, but it still felt so effortless up those hills.

I'll be in a cruise day too. I have had to turn down the last couple due to other commitments, but I would love to come along and meet some other canberra owners. B)

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

How about we organise something for Easter long weekend (April 18-21) or Anzac long weekend (April 25-27)? Maybe a cruise down to Cotter for a BBQ and photos?B) I think going to Batemans Bay would be a bit much but if others really wanted to go I could be persuaded to change my mind perhaps. :thumbsup:

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

super idea that! im up for it. is the cotter still ok after the fires? havent been down that way since the fires.... :(

Guest Zvele
  • Guests
Posted

Great idea, I 'm in. It's time for show up, plenty of xr6t there , and Canberra need something new:):)

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I think a BBQ at the lake followed by a cruise SOMEWHERE (even if it's just up to Mt Ainslie for photos over canberra or something... :)

You're right - the Bay is a fair drive there and back, and probably a bit much for some.

Guest Craig
  • Guests
Posted

You couldn't wait for June could you?

I'll have my car then - do I need to beg? :nugget:

/me starts begging

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 2d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Craig

Don't worry - I'm a March 12 delivery now sometime in late April (told car is #2 to be built in April, hope that's not the 1st!) so may be delievry in May/June.

I agree BBQ and cruise - avoid the Cotter, park outside the old Parliament House for the Photo shoot - or up the top of Red Hill /Mt Ainslie or Mt Pleasant.

Martin

PS Who owns the Blueprint XR8 that parks opposite the Civic pool - the drool on the bonnet is mine :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...