Jump to content

Typhoon 1/4 miles


Recommended Posts

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Little Birdie tells me that there maybe was a stock manual vehicle last night that would certainly match it/better the current posted Phoon times. Also a best in class performance for that particularly specced model vehicle :w00t2:

Top driving on a slippery track :w00t2:

  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 6d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
On the subject of weight, when my car was weighed at WSID it was 1838kg!

It did have a steel spare, full esky in the car, which was say 20kg, plus 3/4 tank of fuel, and I wasn't in the car.

By comparison I think Julian's car (auto) was around 1750kg.

I was very surprised that the car was so heavy, especially compared to the auto, and will put much less fuel to reduce the weight next time.

Maybe the sunroof adds extra weight, and who knows what else.

I'd doubt very much that the F6 would weigh 1690kg, unless that's a dry weight and no spare.

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would get the sniffer dogs onto it :spoton: you might have uncovered a nation wide ford drug smuggling ring :lol:

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

daz, you been watching too many movies.

Scotty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:spoton: Yes, yes I have been. But wouldnt it be cool if it was.

Guest Hunter_Killer
  • Guests
Posted

In trying to protect what is essentially an overweight grande tourer Ford clipped the wings of a product with more potential.

Who is to blame? Well, its not Ford. Ford is only delivering what people demand. Once again the stupidity of the populace has destroyed something good. If those figures are true then this is the most pointless Ford ever.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted (edited)

Umm I think the F6 will get a faster time then that...I think its just a matter of time, wait for it to fully loosen up and then we'll seee. It's like the first aussie review of the E46 M3! the first run Motor done they only managed to get a 14.05! whilst overseas mags were comfortably getting low 13's. But after x amout of issues, and a loosen'd motor the M3 managed to pull off a 13.21! Don't write the F6 off just yet, give it some time, and im sure it will show off it's true color's...and if it doesn't well bugger me... :lol:

Edited by FPVPSI
  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Too many posts to review so if this has been covered already, I apologise. The 0-100 time was OK, 5.73, yet the time of 14.02 is just average for the 1/4. Could that just be the result of needing a gear change at the wrong time?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
Too many posts to review so if this has been covered already, I apologise. The 0-100 time was OK, 5.73, yet the time of 14.02 is just average for the 1/4. Could that just be the result of needing a gear change at the wrong time?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'd hazard a guess that most (or all) the gear changes were done at the wrong time ... :spoton::spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
Little Birdie tells me that there maybe was a stock manual vehicle last night that would certainly match it/better the current posted Phoon times. Also a best in class performance for that particularly specced model vehicle :spoton:

Top driving on a slippery track :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, thanks mate, now I'll have to post the times then eh? I'll do a new thread so as not to hijack this one any further :spoton:

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Too many posts to review so if this has been covered already, I apologise. The 0-100 time was OK, 5.73, yet the time of 14.02 is just average for the 1/4. Could that just be the result of needing a gear change at the wrong time?

Well, I'd hazard a guess that most (or all) the gear changes were done at the wrong time ... :spoton::spoton:

:spoton: Very good.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 24d
  • Location: Tasmania
Posted

There was something very odd about that review and the posted times.

I admit to speed reading the article but I saw no text that referred to the posted times. That is unusual especially considering the stated opinion was very much in favor of the F6 and ESPECIALLY THE VALUE of the machine. Just had to get that point in again :D

As has been mentioned the 14 quarter time can't be real but it is amusing to read the amount of people that are willing it to be so.

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted
By the way for those of you who dont live in the Garden State, our Premier, Mr "I think a Prius is a great car" Bracks, thinks that we can address the road toll issue by limiting cars speedo's to 130 kmh, not the CAR, the speedo, DOH!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same Mr Bracks that drives a LS1 powered Statesman....

(sorry for the thread hijack :innocent: )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...