Guest Guests Posted 24/10/04 03:18 PM Posted 24/10/04 03:18 PM call me a sucker for punishment but I was having fun with the reading of the internals thread!! beem me up scotty!realy want to see your perceptions as to when should you do the bolt ons exhaust, plenums, turbo, injectors, clutch, auto's etc.tell me this wont be interesting?
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 24d Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/10/04 05:39 PM Posted 24/10/04 05:39 PM Ok this won't be interesting!!!!Gee it's a bit of a worry when a tuner doesn't know when to change the externals!!!
Guest Guests Posted 24/10/04 11:54 PM Posted 24/10/04 11:54 PM Ok this won't be interesting!!!!Gee it's a bit of a worry when a tuner doesn't know when to change the externals!!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yep deserved that! notice I said perception cmon guys this could be fun!!
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 25/10/04 12:22 AM Posted 25/10/04 12:22 AM Ok we need to get one thing clear before we start. Whatever I say Steve will disagree with, within the next hour. :lol: I think changing the externals all depends on your budget and what power your after. If your on an unlimited budget decide on the power figure you need and mod the car in one hit to achieve that. If you are on a tight budget and need to do it in steps this is the steps I would take.1) 2nd CAI with better filter2) improve exhaust flow, I would remove the centre muffler. If you can afford it get a new system. The one I have is great from Tuffy's in Sydney or the APS is also good. There are a few good one out there but there is also alot of crap.3)Get a piggyback cpu or an edit if its available.4) Bigger injectors and fuel pumpAbout here is where I would start thinking of doing the internals5) Valve springs and intercooler6) Nizpro intake plenumAfter this I have no idea but by this stage it should be enough for most. Now I'll sit back and wait for Steve to disect it one quote at a time and tell me how wrong I am. Geea.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 25/10/04 01:21 AM Posted 25/10/04 01:21 AM I think CAI is the first step.Next would be piggy back ECU or MOTEC or Edit, then exhaust (remove centre muffler only if you are on a budget but preferably get full exhaust)Valve springsInjectorsFuel pumpIntercoolerGearbox/trans/tailshaft upgrade (maybe look at upgrading axles; dpends on how you drive, how much power and how much money you want to spend)Intake manifoldEngine internals upgrade (billet rods, forged pistons; if you are chasing mega power maybe a custom steel crank)Bigger turbo
Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 06:38 AM Posted 25/10/04 06:38 AM welldone boys! no fun yet! cmon will yas! wanna see some fun posts?
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 25/10/04 07:05 AM Posted 25/10/04 07:05 AM Just to stir you guys up did you know that VALVE SPRINGS are internal mods :lol:
Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 08:31 AM Posted 25/10/04 08:31 AM Just to stir you guys up did you know that VALVE SPRINGS are internal mods :lol:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was leaving that and others as fuel for later
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 2d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 25/10/04 09:48 AM Posted 25/10/04 09:48 AM then you should change the colour of the window washer bottle cap from yellow to red
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 23d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 25/10/04 10:08 AM Posted 25/10/04 10:08 AM Also a 2-stage Ambi Pur injection system can get some serious power gains!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now