XR6_ED Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Posted 07/09/04 01:59 PM Posted 07/09/04 01:59 PM Xr6_ED, I bet your sorry but happy at the same time, Geea will look after it I'm sure. Hope your new ride gives you as much please as this one would have. :banghead: macka bit of a mix up Macka..Geea has bought xr6ikness TThe shaker is growing on me every time I look at...Black shaker on a vixen ute Nice to see someone having the balls to do this
ubyte Member 108 Member For: 23y 1m 8d Posted 07/09/04 02:00 PM Posted 07/09/04 02:00 PM Let me say upfront it does look impressive.I do have a 'stupid question' thou...I'm no mechanic by any means of the imagination, however isnt the reason why the blue oval is not sucking air (from a factory view point) thru the bonent (like a wrx) is the fact that air drawn in via the front air intake is 'normally cooler' then if sourced via the top of the bonnet? ie Typically heat from the engine block is radiating upwards throu the air intake thus warming up the air, thus expanding it/etc
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Location: Mildura Posted 07/09/04 09:57 PM Author Posted 07/09/04 09:57 PM Hi ubyte, :lol: I don't see how the air be colder coming from underneath or through the front of the vehicle compared to the air flow over the bonnet. I think you will find that the way the cars are designed that there would be more air travelling over the bonnet of the car than could find it's way up though head light cavaties and past radiators intercoolers and air conditioner heat exchanges ect. I would think that the air velocity going over the bonnet would act as a coolant as well. The bonnet scoop would trap this colder air and force it directly to the turbo, which is what I was trying to achieve. The factory system relies on the turbo to suck the air from the front of the car through the air box & filter then over the hot engine via crossover then past the hotest part of the engine the exhaust side of the motor, too finally reach it's desination, the turbo. If you think this is more efficient than what I've done, maybe I've wasted my time and money. :lol: Be happy to be corrected if their are any engineers or physists out theremacka
Guest Guests Posted 07/09/04 10:24 PM Posted 07/09/04 10:24 PM ubyte,do you work for ford???That sounds like the lame excuse they would use for not putting in a scoop in the first placeStupid question??? Id have to agree :lol: vik
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 07/09/04 10:48 PM Posted 07/09/04 10:48 PM you can click on the toggle and it enlarges it a little bit more. Macka, looks sensational, and the best thing about it is it ain't all show, it actually has a strong performance purpose, very nice BTW I have been clicking my Toggle for years, it has never enlarged a bit more for me?
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 08/09/04 12:31 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:31 AM Yeah it sure is growing on me. But I've decided what I'm doing in preperation for summer!!Scotty
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/09/04 12:33 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:33 AM Macka, I gotta admit, your shaker work is fantastic, your photography is sh*t. Stick to the engineering Looking forward to some quality pics.ubyte Posted on Sep 8 2004, 12:00 AM Let me say upfront it does look impressive.I do have a 'stupid question' thou...Ubyte, with the heat shielding under the bonnet and the air travelling at such a speed over the bonnet, there is an extremely low chance the air is going to heat up before it gets to the intake. Macka's theory is pretty solid.In the words of Homer Simpson, 'In this house we obey the laws of Thermodynamics'.
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Location: Mildura Posted 08/09/04 09:00 AM Author Posted 08/09/04 09:00 AM Can't argue about he photograghy God666 your lucky I have'nt got my thumb over the lens.Thanks for the compliments about the engineering much appreciated. I promise to have better quality pics after the shaker is coated with heat resistant coating.By the time I've finished with the shaker you'll think the air is staight from the antartic macka
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Location: Mildura Posted 08/09/04 09:04 AM Author Posted 08/09/04 09:04 AM HI Scotty, I'd like to know what your planning macka
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 13d Location: Mildura Posted 10/09/04 09:22 AM Author Posted 10/09/04 09:22 AM Hi guy's,Final stage of manufacture is complete. The heat reducing ceramic coating has been applied and the Shaker fitted back on the car.I hope these pics are clearer. Tell me what you think good or bad.I'm putting the Shaker on a stock T and running it on a dyno tomorrow. It will be interesting to see the results. Should also have some more fuel consumption figures as well.macka
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now