XR6Turbo22 Member 86 Member For: 19y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 03:52 AM Posted 11/10/07 03:52 AM Hi guys,Just wondering if I could get a 15" wheel on the rear of a ba xr6 turbo? I have a set of slicks that suit a 15" rim and hoping I could use those at the track!! Anyone?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/10/07 03:57 AM Posted 11/10/07 03:57 AM you might be able to, you'll just have to see if you can get a wheel with the right stud pattern, as all the BA's have 16" minimum, maybe an AU, but I think the offset is different...
XR6Turbo22 Member 86 Member For: 19y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 04:00 AM Posted 11/10/07 04:00 AM you might be able to, you'll just have to see if you can get a wheel with the right stud pattern, as all the BA's have 16" minimum, maybe an AU, but I think the offset is different...Would the old school EA-EB "snowflake" style 15" wheels fit?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/10/07 04:03 AM Posted 11/10/07 04:03 AM I'm about 99% sure they will not fit, EL was a different offset to the ba, so EA/EB will be different, you could call a tyre shop like bob jane or something...
Fry Member 123 Member For: 19y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: S/E Melb Posted 11/10/07 06:03 AM Posted 11/10/07 06:03 AM they will fit but will look like sh*t cause of different offset they will stick out a little further on the side of the car past the guard
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 11/10/07 06:08 AM Posted 11/10/07 06:08 AM (edited) you sure those rims are going to fit over the brakes? there is mm room with my 16" au fairmont rims and stock brakes.in typing this but I do recall the gtech car using that style rim at the track...... Edited 11/10/07 06:09 AM by XR06T
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 06:10 AM Posted 11/10/07 06:10 AM (edited) Hi guys,Just wondering if I could get a 15" wheel on the rear of a ba xr6 turbo?WHAT!! I have a set of slicks that suit a 15" rim and hoping I could use those at the track!! Ohhhh....Lucky Edited 11/10/07 06:10 AM by XRTPSI
wilko117 Member 67 Member For: 20y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/10/07 06:13 AM Posted 11/10/07 06:13 AM you will be finme with au wheels as long as they go over the brakes
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 11/10/07 09:35 AM Posted 11/10/07 09:35 AM Youngy and I did a fair bit of caliper grinding to fit his 15" weld racing rears to a BA ute.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/10/07 11:28 PM Posted 11/10/07 11:28 PM caliper grinding??? that can't be good!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now