bkofoed Member 90 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Posted 26/05/03 12:33 PM Posted 26/05/03 12:33 PM My first ride was a 1982 Cortina, which I had when I was 18 (in '95). 6cyl 3.3 Ltr 4 Spd - solid ride that I never should have sold.... only ever needed a water pump, and gave so much more- 4 speeding tickets as I recall As soon as I had enough cash to get a loan, (read: no longer at uni full time!) I bought an EF Fairmont- (no chance of insurance for an xr6 with my history, ahem)Next on the list is the BA Turbo - Lease papers on my desk.... though I have to part with the EF first BK
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 26/05/03 12:47 PM Posted 26/05/03 12:47 PM Bought when I was 18 (20 years ago) and sold 12months latter cause it was taking all my money plus some.1974 XB GS Panelvan, converted it to modified 351C with FMX auto and 9" diff. It was a slightly modified metallic lime green, with the best V8 sound I have still ever heard, twin 2 1/2" system with only twin hotdogs both sides.What a car I still miss it. :( I love my BA XR6T its the best car ive ever had, but there is nothing quite the same as 210kmh down the Hume in a Ford Panelvan.(im alot older and wiser now :D )
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/05/03 12:47 PM Posted 26/05/03 12:47 PM 1980 Ford TE Cortina. 1.4L 4 Cyl Auto, didn't go if its life depended on it but soo many memories.My first car, my first 4 point loss of P's, two engines killed (1. worn rings, 2. blew up) my first ....... (use your imagination).Then came my next car, my 1982 Datsun Skyline. 6cyl 2.4 L 5speed Manual, sunroof, aircon, elect windows, I wish I never traded in this one for a crap box new pulsar.
Guest Andrew Guests Posted 26/05/03 03:35 PM Posted 26/05/03 03:35 PM I had a 64 XM coupe v8 lowered and in the panel shop to be painted my problem was my wife didnt know about it and I had a little trouble finding the extra $15000 (without my wife knowing)needed for paint/interior and alloys, then what do I do with it? Bring it home one day 'Hi honey just bought a new car,well its 40 years old but it only cost $4000 and it'll be really easy to get the baby in and out of the back seat' . In the end I sold it to the panel beater... damn I wanted to finish that car.
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 27/05/03 01:47 AM Posted 27/05/03 01:47 AM 77 XC 2 door V8, red, my first 'hoon' car. Went to Dampier so sold it before I went. :( 84 Toyota Supra, blue and silver, great handling, loved the gearbox. Sold it to buy a house98 EL XR6, royal blue, auto, great car very happy with it until I took the Turbo for a test run B) 02 BA XR6 Turbo..........Best of the lot!!!!!
Robbo Member 249 Member For: 23y 9m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 27/05/03 10:30 AM Posted 27/05/03 10:30 AM How many pages do we have .. I was in awe of my brother who has owned more cars than I've had hot dinners .... but I think I'm catching up !! lol1980 Escort RS 2000 2 Door ... White .. 15" Simmons 3 piece Mags .. Hot cam .. twin side-draft Dellorto carbs (spelling ??) .. ported and stroked .. extractors .. 2" straight through exhaust. Loved my Escort !!!Why did I sell it ???????? ummmm ... Bought another car !! VN SS .. Big load of crap it was too.
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 27/05/03 11:13 AM Posted 27/05/03 11:13 AM This was my second car, a 93 EBII 6cyl. The mags are ROH Tourismo 16" and looked really schmick in the sun. Other than that was lowered 3" or something, had a beautiful exhaust note, and a big stereo system. Thought it was the ducks guts, till the XR6T came along.In 2000 I paid 10k for it, traded it on the XR6T in December, 2002 for $3,300 and the mags to a mate for $1500. was a good car, and had almost 300,000klms on it.
Goose 00-XRG / 006-FPV Legacy Donating Member 530 Member For: 23y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 27/05/03 11:15 AM Posted 27/05/03 11:15 AM Oops, forgot the pic
citric acid xr6t Legacy Donating Member 449 Member For: 23y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/05/03 11:33 AM Posted 27/05/03 11:33 AM Over the years I have had a number of cars (11). Started off with a Morry Minor 1 owner vehicle bought for the princely sum of $400.00 off an 80 year old woman she was upgrading to a Mazda 323. The old Morry couldn't pull the skin off a rice custard but hey what about the fuel economy. The one which I loved the most was my XT 302 Fairmont Auto back in the early 80s Left Australia in 85 to work overseas for a number of years so had to sell the old girl.
whizzer Member 181 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Brisvegas Posted 27/05/03 12:34 PM Posted 27/05/03 12:34 PM Tricky one.. they all have their good points.the first car is always special, mine was a RX2... great fun , very chuckable,and driven very hard.then there is the monaro, brought it home on the back of a trailerand asked the wife if I could have a hobby.... she said fine-as long as its stamp collecting, then I showed her half a car on a trailer... oh oh Dont laugh, but my little 180B SSS was fun as well, not quite up with a 429, but still fun.... as was all the commodores, but my pick of them would be the ole VL turbo. there is something about a turbo!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now