simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 22/08/04 09:41 PM Posted 22/08/04 09:41 PM my ford dealer finally rang me to confirm the date for booking in my car for warranty repairs.they have put me off for a month because they say they have been flat out fixing the au11 steering recalls.now that would probably satisfy any normal bloke but why are they putting off repairing a later model vehicle,instead repairing older models?they said the au problem was a big safety concern,that's bullsh*t im in the mechanical game and have contacts in ford that say that only a few au11 cars had loose steering rack bolts.do you know how they are fixing the au steering problem...............they tighten the steering bolts then put a spot of mig weld on the end of the bolt to stop it from completly winding out.im not kidding ive seen it in the flesh.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.why it annoys me is that my family has spent nearly 200k at the one dealer in the last year on new cars.and my xrt has no less than 14.... yes 14 warranty issuesincluding diff ,gearbox and brake shudder that is so bad I hate to brake hard fearing the bloody wheels will fall off.so mr ford if you are gonna lie to cuctomers make sure they are stupid so they dont catch you out .grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Guest Guests Posted 22/08/04 09:48 PM Posted 22/08/04 09:48 PM Join the club mate ,I know where youre comming from,Seems most ford dealers are totally bloody useless and couldnt give a about you or your car.If you find a good one .....do tellvik
justind Member 90 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/08/04 02:31 AM Posted 23/08/04 02:31 AM I have heard many complain about the dealerships lack of commitment to the customer. This disgusts me and reminds me of how lucky I have been. My dealer has been nothing but great towards me and any claims I have had to make. I even belive they have fixed many items free of charge that probably wouldn't be covered and whenever it has been in for service or claims they have also taken the time to inspect the car for other defects and rectified them as well. Recently I had an oil leak repaired and they noticed a small leak from the water pump and replaced that as well. When I say small I didn't even notice the level go down in the overflow bottle which I check regularly. They could have not told me or not fixed it and it would have gone on undetected for moths to come but they just fixed it straight away at no charge. Change dealers this is unacceptable there are some really good ones out there you just have to look.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/08/04 02:46 AM Posted 23/08/04 02:46 AM The only problem is that there are too many "bad" service centers out there than good ones.I guess that inbalance is caused by more people will post on this site if they are NOT happy than the ones who are happy, but I cannot say that I think my dealer is any good as they are always ready to BS me about problems I am having and not discuss the problem with me. They could at least pretend to care.
Guest Guests Posted 23/08/04 03:20 AM Posted 23/08/04 03:20 AM I have heard many complain about the dealerships lack of commitment to the customer. This disgusts me and reminds me of how lucky I have been. My dealer has been nothing but great towards me and any claims I have had to make. I even belive they have fixed many items free of charge that probably wouldn't be covered and whenever it has been in for service or claims they have also taken the time to inspect the car for other defects and rectified them as well. Recently I had an oil leak repaired and they noticed a small leak from the water pump and replaced that as well. When I say small I didn't even notice the level go down in the overflow bottle which I check regularly. They could have not told me or not fixed it and it would have gone on undetected for moths to come but they just fixed it straight away at no charge. Change dealers this is unacceptable there are some really good ones out there you just have to look. Well man ,tell us who this good dealer is,let Victorians know about him.vik
justind Member 90 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/08/04 07:06 AM Posted 23/08/04 07:06 AM freeway ford cranbourne. Always willing to discuss the real problems at hand. For instance I have to get the throttle body replaced but they have told me that they don't think this is the real cause for the problem I am experiencing. They have told me of a list of check items they wish to perform after replacing the throttle body in order to make sure they find and rectify the real fault.
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 23/08/04 08:47 AM Author Posted 23/08/04 08:47 AM pity I live 1800kms away,my next choice would be abrisbane dealer as all local dealers suck. :roll:
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 23/08/04 10:35 AM Posted 23/08/04 10:35 AM well , I sent the T off for its 30k service. Don't touch anything just change the oil was the instruction. Car comes back with whoooosh whooosh rear brakes and a coolant leak that was not there before...........Grrrrrrrr WTF.Yeah send me car in just want to see how you can it up.Yes dear I will have that other valium Not happy Barry
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 23/08/04 10:52 AM Posted 23/08/04 10:52 AM Dont support ford service by getting your car's services done at ford when ultra tune do log book servicing and they GOTTA be better
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/08/04 11:07 AM Posted 23/08/04 11:07 AM Dont support ford service by getting your car's services done at ford when ultra tune do log book servicing and they GOTTA be better Unfortunately Ultra tune cannot do warranty repairs eg: shuddering brakes, rattling heat shields, creaking steering, safety recalls.......Well they can do warranty repairs, but you will pay for them!Everyone has a bad story, I sure have some bad one's about Ultra tune here in ACT.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now