Guest Guests Posted 12/08/04 08:17 AM Posted 12/08/04 08:17 AM This is my coolant,went to Ford to day and is booked in for tuesday,joker didnt have a clue what it was.I got sand out of the sand pit,(the void in the coolant bottle)showed ford,said they would get back to me,yea right,that's gunna happen.It looked like sand,casting sand no doubt,and blue bits of gasket or silicone,now this
Cassius Member 214 Member For: 23y 4m Location: Ipswich...along the goat track Posted 12/08/04 10:19 AM Posted 12/08/04 10:19 AM gee that would of been a nasty surprise when you lifted the bonnet. Hope you get it all sorted.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/08/04 12:08 PM Posted 12/08/04 12:08 PM that is filthy, Make sure they do a complete coolant flush, or it will only happen again. Mine has started to turn brown after only 8,000km
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 12/08/04 12:20 PM Posted 12/08/04 12:20 PM There was some mention of this way back in the forums early days, it has happened to a few people. My coolant went a bit brown when the car was newer but no where near that bad, it doesnt happen anymore though.They will do a flush out, that's what they did for mine.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 15d Location: Adelaide Posted 12/08/04 01:11 PM Posted 12/08/04 01:11 PM Ive seen it......touched.....mushed it b/w my thump and pinkie...its like a slushy brown goo...weird..never seen anything like it b4...most squidgy...gooey....some1 might think he's beein into the discarded lube stored or teah HgAg.....
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Adelaide Posted 12/08/04 01:54 PM Posted 12/08/04 01:54 PM Last time I saw anything like that, it was during one of Mrs z's leaking head gasket episodes in the EA!I mean, the standard coolant is green.....that looks and sounds yuk. The possible causes are limited and oil seeping into the coolant and contaminating it must be a possibility.I guess the turbo housing also has oil and water channels and gaskets so that's another possibility if it's oil in the coolant and that's what it looks like. How's your oil look?
colbourne Member 52 Member For: 22y 9m 7d Posted 12/08/04 04:15 PM Posted 12/08/04 04:15 PM I was planning on buying an XR6T from the Pickles car auctions in Canberra. I looked at several cars and three had this brown colour to the coolant. I am afraid it scared me off buying the cars but I would be interested to here what causes this. It may be due to overheating or something more serious. Maybe I simply missed buying a bargain !
Guest Guests Posted 12/08/04 09:31 PM Posted 12/08/04 09:31 PM Last time I saw anything like that, it was during one of Mrs z's leaking head gasket episodes in the EA!I mean, the standard coolant is green.....that looks and sounds yuk. The possible causes are limited and oil seeping into the coolant and contaminating it must be a possibility.I guess the turbo housing also has oil and water channels and gaskets so that's another possibility if it's oil in the coolant and that's what it looks like. How's your oil look? Changed the oil on the same day,the oil was ok looking,just black ,not chocko milk or any thing suss.The weee scotish gitt asked me if it over heated,it has never gone past half on the gague,BUT the other day when the sun came out,window down etc,looking at the temp and thought WTF seemed high for a mild day,now I know why,pumping snott!
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 7d Location: Toowoomba Posted 13/08/04 01:55 AM Posted 13/08/04 01:55 AM My dealer told me it was casting sand that caused mine to go brown, and it is fine now.But yours hoot, is the worst I have ever seen it.
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 13/08/04 06:07 AM Posted 13/08/04 06:07 AM I think I,d be wanting the dealer to replace the bottle/reservoir or have them clean it properly if its possible hoot.Definitely a turn-off for a potential buyer at some later stage and looks like it belongs in a 20 year old car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now