HOLDEN SV6 TURBO

newxr

Guest Elvis Brown
  • Guests

I don’t really see what the big deal is…. If another manufacture is producing a more powerful/better value vehicle in the same class as the T (4 door sports sedan?) when the time comes to change over the T I’ll take it in to consideration. Does it really make that much difference to your “driving pleasure” if it’s got a blue oval or a lion on the front?

At the end of the day a car is a car in my book…. regardless of who makes it. If Expensive Daewoo come out with a better package than the T good on them, it gives consumers a better range to choose from and hopefully forces other manufactures aiming for the same market demographic to improve their products to remain competitive…

It’s all good….

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 11m 26d

This is a review from drive today:http://www.drive.com.au/news/article.asp?article=http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content-new/news/general/2004/08/12/FFXHV1ESRXD.html

Based on this I still think FORD got it right with the BA as it sounds like the new wizz bang Expensive Daewoo 6 isn't all its cracked up to be.Well that's my 2.2 cents worth . :glad:

• Member For: 19y 10m 25d
I don’t really see what the big deal is…. If another manufacture is producing a more powerful/better value vehicle in the same class as the T (4 door sports sedan?) when the time comes to change over the T I’ll take it in to consideration. Does it really make that much difference to your “driving pleasure” if it’s got a blue oval or a lion on the front?

At the end of the day a car is a car in my book…. regardless of who makes it. If Expensive Daewoo come out with a better package than the T good on them, it gives consumers a better range to choose from and hopefully forces other manufactures aiming for the same market demographic to improve their products to remain competitive…

It’s all good….

:glad: Go to Oprah! Go to Oprah!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 7d
Just read the latest Motor

Ford will get their complacent butts whooped by the VZ

The VZ S with the 190 V6 and the VZ SS with the 250kw Gen 3 will make the Fords look like pensioners cars considering they still weigh bugger all and have improvemts with their ESP and electronic throttle.

Plonky, what are you talking about :glad: . When Expensive Daewoo bring out a worthy contender for the mighty turbo (yes 240kw as apposed to holdens best 6 cylinder at 190kw) then you could make that comment. Until then the turbo still rules!!!!!! :msm::glad:

Plonkys right, Ford have sat back on their (recovering) arses and let Expensive Daewoo run away with the game (again)

The ESP system on the new VZ was developed locally for the Territory, you would think Ford would devlop it for the BA, but no they sit back, and Expensive Daewoo jump in and implement it into the VZ. :msm:

There is no doubt a turbo V6 will appear, its a market segment Expensive Daewoo are way too smart to ignore long term.

Mondie,

this is my opinion so its not gospel but for Expensive Daewoo to put a turbo on the v6 I beleive they need to put two turbos on that's a lot of dosh, I doubt it will happen.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 13d

I doubt Expensive Daewoo will do a single or twin turbo, but we might see the supercharger make a reapperance. They may wake up and make it a bit quicker. They should be able to get 250kw from their 190kw v6 with a blower. Either way it will still be a bommadore

• Member For: 21y 26d

That was certainly some interesting reading. What is interesting is that the VZ is primarily being talked up due to the new engines. Although only the 175kW engine was road tested, it didnt sound as if they liked the top end performance nor harshness of it.

Seems to me that a lot of people on this forum have written off Ford before the dust has settled.

Even with the 190kW and 340Nm variant, I dont see it blowing the doors off the Barra 182 even with a tailwind!

Bottom line, we all know the Barra 182 is an advanced engine, as is the "all new alloytech" V6 of Holden's - but the Barra 182 will ALWAYS have it over the alloytech in terms of torque as plain and simple it has a longer stroke.

Ross

Edited by Ford_Power

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 12d

It might just be me, but I see the piping for a single turbo V6 being to long and laggy for street use and can't see Expensive Daewoo being bothered with an intricate Twin Turbo Jobby.

Another Eaton style supercharger seems more of a possibilty than something overly engineered by Holden :errm:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 8d
It might just be me, but I see the piping for a single turbo V6 being to long and laggy for street use and can't see Expensive Daewoo being bothered with an intricate Twin Turbo Jobby.

Another Eaton style supercharger seems more of a possibilty than something overly engineered by Holden :errm:

Go nice on an eight but.Mastercard

Give the T somethng to think about. Mastercard

Tuning Possibilities. Mastercard.

Twin Blown . Priceless :pinch:

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 21y 18d

You guys are missing the point I think

I stand by my analysis that the BA MK2 will do bugger all against an upgraded model that has:

NEW HI TECH ENGINES MARKETED THE ONLY WAY Expensive Daewoo KKNOW HOW

STILL CARRYING THE SAME WEIGHT, THUS WITH THE INCERASE IN POWER, THE CAR HAS A VERY NICE POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO

The VZ SS with the same weight, more power and torque as well as electronic throttle control will give the SS the edhe AGAIN in the acceleration stakes.

How would YOU feel if the cheapest performance Commodore (the SV8) or the SS, still has the ability to FLICK THE DICK OF THE GT and get away with it.

Ford may have more power and torque, but it is too slow, cannot achieve acceptable acceleration times in comparison to the GM product and is lumbered with way too much weight.

I love my Fords bu the VZ is a sales winner !

PS the Late model camira S is projected to be the big seller for GM. The 190Kw V6 in a lightweight body is going to make a fantastic cheap option to the XR6T. Falcon sales will suffer.

• Member For: 21y 2m 22d

I think its too early to tell what the impact of the VZ will be.

It seems that the jury is out on how good the new V6 is. Drive have been underwhelmed and the rest have not been overly excited. It does appear though that it aint best in class and that's a relief for Ford.

I do agree that it appears that Ford have been sitting back abit. I mean its almost 2 years since the BA was released and 18 months since the GT / XR8. This is way too long when your competitor is constantly moving the goalposts. Take the F6. It will have effectively taken Ford 2 years to extract 30 extra kilowatts from a heavily detuned XR6T base. that's way too long, when most aftermarket guys have been doing that and more for over 12 months.

The Boss powered cars in the Ford range are in trouble according to the sales figures. XR8 sales are inflated by huge discounts and sweeteners over the past few months while GT sales have all but stalled.

The GT may be a great cruiser, but its no barn stormer and this is hurting it in a market that is and always has been primarily about brutal acceleration. If it was never possible to develop the Boss further then it should never have been selected as the replacement for the windsor.

Ford reckon it just about has its V8 Supercar campaign sorted and is considering going rallying. While the former is debatable, I think they ought to save their dollars, ditch David Flint, and get a real passionate power man at the helm of FPV!!

so there's my 2.3c worth