tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 02/08/04 01:03 PM Posted 02/08/04 01:03 PM looks ok! nice blue.
curious Member 504 Member For: 22y 11m 2d Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's Posted 02/08/04 01:42 PM Posted 02/08/04 01:42 PM phew not many changes, six speed big deal, if the gates are smoother then good, that will be the only benefit.
Phido Member 58 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Posted 02/08/04 01:45 PM Posted 02/08/04 01:45 PM Good news if you are looking at buying a manual XR6T, not so good if you got one. Rest is pretty much Seems like they make a option standard from $300 to ~$800 depending on the model. Some of the changes are pretty sad, Ghia cops "wood wheel and shifter" blah, they can keep it, Fairmont cops the reverse sensors and power peddles which only really helps short people who can't park (it was only a few hundred when they were options). At the risk of being shot Fairmont = woman car? :lol: I don't know about devaluing, all it means is Fords going to have to discount various models to stay competitive, and the next Falcon will have a pretty huge list of changes again if its to remain competitive. I think clearly the six speed is a great thing, F6 and the T should be very willing driver cars now, modifications can be kept to the engine..
Guest P'cisT Guests Posted 02/08/04 02:06 PM Posted 02/08/04 02:06 PM I'm not impressed.Besides the new MT gearbox, all the other little additions are just there to fill up text for the list.
Guest Gilto Guests Posted 02/08/04 05:56 PM Posted 02/08/04 05:56 PM I am happy with the changes! LOVE the 6-speed and 3.7 diff!!!!!!!!! I know it's only early but does anyone have any idea of pricing??????
Max Power Member 381 Member For: 22y 5m 1d Location: MENAI, NSW Posted 02/08/04 10:47 PM Posted 02/08/04 10:47 PM Does anyone know the torque rating the new box will be able to handle? More importantly, will the new box be able to handle 300+rwkw power increases without needing pricey mods?
BAXR6T Member 187 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Melbourne Posted 02/08/04 10:52 PM Posted 02/08/04 10:52 PM Bugger all changes really. I saw a Shockwave Ute yesterday. I'm glad I have Blueprint. Ford you will be sorry dropping that colour. I won't be upgrading.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 02/08/04 11:45 PM Posted 02/08/04 11:45 PM Colour is just personal likes - if you don't like it don't buy it. BUT STOP F!!KIN' WINGIN'. Same with the mags. None have even seen the cars in the flesh yet so going by pics only who really knows how they will look?I reckon the upgrades are just what was needed except I'd have thought the prestige sound would be made standard in the XR6T as well as the XR8. This shows Ford is having a little difficulty in moving the 8s against the excellent value of the XR6T.Even with the shorter final drive, the higher ratios of the gearbox (in 1, 2, & 3) will see the accelleration times remain pretty much the same as now.The T56 will allow after market engine mods and this is the really great benefit for buyers. They didn't NEED to do it for the standard engine, except for the Typhoon. Ford obviously recognize the value in the aftermarket tuning industry and the effect it has on sales.I reckon Ford Spare Parts will be getting plenty of enquiries for retrofitting the T56 to BA MkIs.As for the other little extras this is normal fare for model upgrades.All in all I reckon Ford have got it right
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 03/08/04 12:25 AM Posted 03/08/04 12:25 AM Oh boy.... additional hardware for my canoe."Everyone knows, a man is measured by his canoe.... and the bigger the better!"quoted from current TV ad :lol: 6 speed is good addition, but the real issue in my opinion....HAVE FORD FIXED the BA BRAKE SHUDDER andHAVE FORD FIXED the DRIVELINE SHUNT issues.Because if they haven't, they will not see me upgrading until they do! cheers
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 03/08/04 12:49 AM Posted 03/08/04 12:49 AM well they've fixed the problem with the XR8's front suspendsion...so you would have thought they would have at least looked into the brakes and driveline...Dave.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now