Possible options for Geea.

geea

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d

Does anyone know how many XR6T's have actually bent rods and at what power levels? I dont mean like Deans where the rod failed due to a manufacturing fault. I Mean where the rod has failed due to the extra power.

Geea. :spoton:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 5m 6d

Hi all,

Yes Brians correct that there's 1.2 metres of unnecssary intercooler ducting pipe in the Stage III APS cars and the the Intercooler Routing is terrible for its right above the HOTTEST PLACE of the whole engine bay ... the exhaust manifold!!!

Why APS install such a great intercooler then heat the air charge mass up again with intercooler ducting routed right above the exhaust manifold is crazy ... there no method to the madness!!

Nizpro's ducting is mounted not by mistake ... almost entirely mounted OUTSIDE the engine bay where the cooled charge air mass does'nt get reheated again.

APS's intercooler with Nizpros ducting n intake manifold would be a wicked combo.

Bit of mucking around to change the APS intercooler outlet end tank outlet up to the middle instead of the bottom. Food for thought

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d

Are there figures available for the actual figures on various intercoolers. How much they cool the air and how much preasure drop they have? Any other stats that could be useful to lnow.

On the subject of rods. Has anyone on the forum actually bent a rod through extra power?

Geea. :blush:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m

Bcl has information on bending of Rods, so do Nizpro from what I understand. Anything near or above 300rwkw looks like doing damage to the internals of the engine and would require mandatory replacement of rods and pistons.

• Member For: 19y 11m

Good post Geea,

I to have seen the work they where doing on the ferrari. They actually started it the day I had my Xede installed. Simon is very helpful and is keen to answer any questions you ask. That is why I trusted him to do the work on my car and produced a good result with my car 237 rwkw with the only other mod being the exhaust. As far as intercoolers go I now that MRT Performance are developing a Intercooler kit including piping in conjunction with Hyperflow. Release date should be end of August. Kit price is expected to be ($1800 - $2000) but this is yet to be confirmed. I don't no how this price compares to the APS & Nizpro but it seams reasonably priced to me.

I'll try to find out more info if anyone is interested. I now Ben Taylor from MRT will be only to happy to help.

macka