turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 21/07/04 02:02 AM Posted 21/07/04 02:02 AM so were talking the protoypes of new models or are we also talking the future concept cars that have had a large amount of $$$ spent on them, that are turned into scrap?
harasn Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground! Legacy Donating Member 306 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 21/07/04 08:51 AM Posted 21/07/04 08:51 AM I should know a thing or to about this seeing as I work on the cars your talking about every day!years ago they used to just get burried in the ground but these days of enviromental laws, the majority go and get crushed. Makes you cry!other cars, like the first GT test car and stuff like that go to the discovery centre to be rebuilt as a show car!if your into motor sport, you can get a car and as long as when your finished ford can have it back to crush it its all good!Parts from these cars can not be sold due to the possible risk of part failure and unknown part history! if something failed and proven to be at faulkt ford would be in trouble!Still makes me cry when I remember cutting up 18" alloy wheels with the gas axe! hole saw through the tyre side walls! on 90% good tyres! finished testing and no good any more!
shockwave Member 129 Member For: 22y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/07/04 09:33 AM Author Posted 21/07/04 09:33 AM I should know a thing or to about this seeing as I work on the cars your talking about every day!years ago they used to just get burried in the ground but these days of enviromental laws, the majority go and get crushed. Makes you cry!other cars, like the first GT test car and stuff like that go to the discovery centre to be rebuilt as a show car!if your into motor sport, you can get a car and as long as when your finished ford can have it back to crush it its all good!Parts from these cars can not be sold due to the possible risk of part failure and unknown part history! if something failed and proven to be at faulkt ford would be in trouble!Still makes me cry when I remember cutting up 18" alloy wheels with the gas axe! hole saw through the tyre side walls! on 90% good tyres! finished testing and no good any more!Since you work there you have obviously tested the BA2. Tell us more, please please please...
harasn Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground! Legacy Donating Member 306 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 21/07/04 12:13 PM Posted 21/07/04 12:13 PM Since you work there you have obviously tested the BA2. Tell us more, please please please... hahahahahaha! you a funny boy! you think I want to lose my job? I know a bit about it, but I arn't telling!
jt Member 126 Member For: 22y 4m 5d Location: Geelong, Vic Posted 21/07/04 12:39 PM Posted 21/07/04 12:39 PM Since you work there you have obviously tested the BA2. Tell us more, please please please... hahahahahaha! you a funny boy! you think I want to lose my job? I know a bit about it, but I arn't telling! :lol: It's good to know.Not good to tell.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/04 12:50 PM Posted 21/07/04 12:50 PM any ford being crushed makes me want to cry....theyre just premature youngins....to early for their time
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 12d Location: Toowoomba Posted 21/07/04 01:19 PM Posted 21/07/04 01:19 PM Since you work there you have obviously tested the BA2. Tell us more, please please please... hahahahahaha! you a funny boy! you think I want to lose my job? I know a bit about it, but I arn't telling! c'mon tell us, we'll be your friend. :lol:
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/07/04 07:41 AM Posted 22/07/04 07:41 AM I visit Neal Bates' workshop fairly often, he gets all sorts of wacky prototypes to drive around. Once they are finished with them, they are all completely destroyed.... it does make you cry, especially after seeing the amount of time the head fabricator spends building roll cages and other stuff.
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 22/07/04 07:57 AM Posted 22/07/04 07:57 AM Don't some of them get made into promo cars and sent to dealers?At metro ford they have a 6 cyl BA falcon completely done up with a V8 super car kit, bulge etc etc and sign writing, and they seemed to think it was a pre production BA.
harasn Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground! Legacy Donating Member 306 Member For: 23y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 22/07/04 08:34 AM Posted 22/07/04 08:34 AM Don't some of them get made into promo cars and sent to dealers?At metro ford they have a 6 cyl BA falcon completely done up with a V8 super car kit, bulge etc etc and sign writing, and they seemed to think it was a pre production BA. sometimes they do that sort of thing but not very often as its hard to keep track of where the car is and stuff like that! our test mustang ended up being a promo car and our test turbo ended up being one of the targa tassie cars!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now