Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Evening guys and girls,

My xr6t ute and a noise either behind the instrument panel or in the front drivers guard that is annoying the absolute s**t out of me. It sounds like a bunch of cables hitting against the metal body of the ute. Already pulled plastic guard liner off inside of drivers side wheel well and cable tied everything up securely including bonnet latch wire. Seemed to help for a while but now the noise has come back 5 fold.

Anyone else had this problem before I start pulling my dash board out to find this noise? Noise only happens when hitting a bump. And yes the utes lowered!

Any help is greatly appreciated...

  • EVO 9 SUPPORTER
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 7d
  • Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE!
Posted
Evening guys and girls,

My xr6t ute and a noise either behind the instrument panel or in the front drivers guard that is annoying the absolute s**t out of me. It sounds like a bunch of cables hitting against the metal body of the ute. Already pulled plastic guard liner off inside of drivers side wheel well and cable tied everything up securely including bonnet latch wire. Seemed to help for a while but now the noise has come back 5 fold.

Anyone else had this problem before I start pulling my dash board out to find this noise? Noise only happens when hitting a bump. And yes the utes lowered!

Any help is greatly appreciated...

I keep hearing noises too, so I just turn that stereo right up. :crybaby:

Guest Scootre
  • Guests
Posted

This rattle sounds suspiciously like the one I am experiencing. Mine's on the left side and coming from either the far left end of the dash or within the guard. Here's my original post about it:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...=8562&hl=rattle

I'm still waiting on a resolution for this. I've had the car 7 months and the rattle is driving me to the point that I want to get rid of the bloody car. It'll rattle most of the time, even on smooth, straight road. Sometimes I won't hear it for a while, then I go over a very slight bump and there's a definite clunk and she starts up. It'll be anything from about 3 rattles per sec up to a rapid rattle of, say, 10.

The dealer has a FoMoCo engineer lined up to go over it in the next few weeks so I'll let you know how I go.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 17d
Posted

I just took my ute into service with a rattle which increased above 100km/h. Service guys didnt beleive me so I took them for a drive!! After pushing and prodding various internals they established that it was the plastic trimming at the bottom of the front windscreen(outside) the cabin. They told me that the resealed this trim and no more noise. Maybe?

  • Flaccid Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOONAMAH, go figure.....
Posted

I've got a Squeaky rubbing sound comming from the boot area, can't for the life of me find it. Sounds like mouse w@nking.....

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

My power window controls would rattle. I pulled it off put some electrical tape around the bit that goes inside and now its sweet. Another noise I cannot find which sounds like near the drivers door speaker, and yes even when the radio is off. :blush:

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
I've got a Squeaky rubbing sound comming from the boot area, can't for the life of me find it. Sounds like mouse w@nking.....

Remind me again, what sound does a winking mouse make???

Trent.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 2d
  • Location: Ipswich...along the goat track
Posted
I've got a Squeaky rubbing sound comming from the boot area, can't for the life of me find it. Sounds like mouse w@nking.....

had the same thing for a while but several weeks later it seemed to correct itself....havnt heard it for a while now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...