Mario Mendoza Member 82 Member For: 22y 6m 6d Location: Blue Mountains Posted 22/07/04 03:35 AM Posted 22/07/04 03:35 AM I've got what I believe is the mother of all rattles right smack bang in the middle of my dash. (Under where fairmont clock would be)Sounds like 2 relatively large pieces of plastic hitting each other somewhere in there. But I just can't find it!Driving me insane, even on extremely smooth roads, it'll rattle away to the point I've got to have the radio volume set to over 15 to drown the *beep* out...Crazy thing is though, every now and again it'll totally dissappear for an hour or so.
Guest Basher_tsv Guests Posted 22/07/04 10:23 PM Posted 22/07/04 10:23 PM I have a rattle (maybe more of a vibration type sound) coming from the same spot (under the clock/guage panel) which is not so annoying but happens when the clutch is under load ie. taking off in first or reversing slowly.Now can you repeat your comments Mario - I missed it all looking at your avatar B
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 23/07/04 05:13 AM Posted 23/07/04 05:13 AM I have a new rattle to add to the list of pre existing rattles. ... The new one has me totally stumpped... Is best described as a squeeky rattle from the dash area somewhere, that has been around for the last 500km or so (now 12000km).As someone posted previously about cars gettting rattles and squeeks when they get older... mine is 6 months old, and should not have any major rattles. My Subaru had 90 000km when I sold it, And did not have any rattles.... I understand rattles and clunks in a taxi that has gone around the world, but not in an XR that has done less then 20000km.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 24/07/04 04:59 AM Posted 24/07/04 04:59 AM I've got a Squeaky rubbing sound comming from the boot area, can't for the life of me find it. Sounds like mouse w@nking.....Remind me again, what sound does a winking mouse make???Trent. "...iee...iee...iee iee iee....iee.....ie"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now