-
Posts
141 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Desert_phantom
-
Why Would You Get An Xr8
Desert_phantom replied to Desert_phantom's topic in General Automotive Talk
Its still all of the above Have you got an edit at all? If not how does the car cope with a free flowing exhaust and not hit some factory tuned power capping limp mode bullsh*t thing dont get me wrong. I love it, its got plenty of go and its glued to the road! No not edited YET. the car has been running like a dream. No probs at all. And yes the V8 buldge is cool! -
So after reading the posts on this site I start to ask myself: Why did I get a car that cost more, is apparently slower, not as gooda' handler, and uses more fuel? why didnt I get the 6T. Well after picking the car up yesturday I now know. 4 into 1 Pacies, High flow cats, no rear muffler... The sound is awesom. It goes harder and should use less fuel woo hoo.! hopefully I get a vid on youtube soon so you guys can let me know what you think. Maybe just a lil bit loud though! So despite the 8's short fallings... The sound is just brilliant
-
Ak-47 Type Ping During 1st To 2nd Gear Change
Desert_phantom replied to Fat-Tony's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Mmm. Im not sure about the fuel. I usualy find bad fuel just ups my fuel consumption and kills my performance. I hope that's all it is though. Cheers, Joel -
Now a few things... From what I hear, The PS3 has around twice the processing power of 360. Blueray does help with graphics...to an extent. Higher storage means greter amount of textures yada yada. Of course a Bluray drive in a PS1 would look crap by modern standards. Bluray is really just a link in the chain. Directx10? as far as I knew this is the one and only draw card to Vista, as xp cant get it, and as far as I know nor can the 360. But who cares about vista, its just XP with some macintosh eye candy. Bluray SHOULD win out. Not just because its the better technology, but also becasue of the companies behind it (Huh as if Toshiba backing HD DVD can stop bluray) Given time the PS3 gameplay will show up 360. The PS3 has been designed to remain competitive for many years (and beyond the 360) (like the PS2), hence there is all the power game producers need, they just need to use it. This is just like the B series falcon still giving it to the VEs (in some areas anyway) PS3 I believe is the way to go. ive seen and played both, and seriously some of the graphics looked like a final fantasy movie (This was on a 65" 1920 x 1080 Pana plasma)
-
Well I know you guys are pretty good with XRs in general and was just hoping that you may of known about the brand. Im thinking ill go the full twin system, 2.5"? Its mandrel bent, and living in an area where rust isnt a prob, and you dont look underneath the car very much, I will go mild steel. Just stock power levels at the mo, but once I've got the exhaust I intend to do CAI, custum tune and probably a few handling upgrades. Not that theres anything wrong with how the XR8 handles!
-
"projector, personally im going for a Panasonic AX100 - does 720p and 1080i with HDMI/Component/VGA/sVideo inputs etc.. its an LCD so the panel will degrade over time but they are fairly cheap to begin with... might be a touch more than you wanna spend @ ~$2400" LCD does not degrade over time. Only when the lamp is coming to the end of its life and needs to be replaced will you lose any picture quality
-
Holden...Built tough? Hope they steepd out of that one ok though Verrry Messy
-
Yes the cable also came unattatched from the lever thing in the cabin. Pliers will do it or else you need to get the lug thing back into the lever. A rather akward place to work in know. Just another desing fault hey!
-
Hey guys, Im not going to go to much into computers or speakers yada yada yada,but ill just say one thing on the projector. Go the Panasonic PT-AX100E. Should be able to pick one up for around $2500. Japanese made, Component RGB, HDMI, Universal backlit remote. Brilliant picture quality, and I can not think of anything under about 8K that willl really represent a better buy (picture vs value). It is not full HD (1920 x 1080) however its is native HD wide screen,1280 x 720 (the same as a 50" plasma for example) SO its 1080i NOT 1080p Apart from the accurate color reproduction and deep blacks (of course black is only as dark as your room) the pana has NO visible "flyscreen" effect. So the picture is very smooth. Check the link: http://panasonic.com.au/products/category.cfm?objectID=3632 And yes...I have seen/used it very often. In fact the previous two models of it were almost every bit as good.
-
Turbodewed is right. Just as a boss can give you the sack, surely we need someone who can help give them a bit of a battle too, so in come the unions. Workers need every bit of protection they get. Whilst compaanies are making millions (lower tax rate than the average), they can dock entitlements and conditions. I hope you all enjoy your good hours, weekends, holidays, sick days and job security, because unions have been vital in providing these
-
Or do you have any reccomendations?
-
Im lookin at getting a Berkley exhaust. Either a full twin system or just cat backs, but prob full. I cant seem to find a website. Apparently its what the Brute Utes use. Just want to know if you guys have had any dealings with them, how it would sound etc. Cheers guys.
-
Yes of course 18% was definately because of labor... hah! How about the fact that it was just performing like most other interest rates around the worls at that time. See the advatage of the late 80s- early 90s are: Affordability - You had more income left over at the end of the week than one does now. Inflation - Labor brought these under control, and hence interest rates start falling. See if Australias interest rates are so good, why dont you have a look at other economic climates. What would the US have as interest rates right now? Look either way Labor or Liberal: Interest rates are going to be fairly low for at least the next 10 yrs. You wil not see 18% under Howrad or Rudd. Different times
-
Well it was keating that really set up or economy, John Howard is merely riding his good work, and of course the massive growth in China. ← What a load of crap, typical Labour stooge talk ← Just out of interest who was it that floated the dollar? hence allowing us to truly compete in the global market? LABOR What government had very low levels of inflation? LABOR (Then inherited by Howard) who sold Assets to pay off Debt? HOWARD sells Telstra etc etc
-
Well it was keating that really set up or economy, John Howard is merely riding his good work, and of course the massive growth in China. And those high interest rates during the last labor years? No more than what was happening in most of the other economies around the world. Howard has in fact sat on his hands these last years. And now he will pay. He lies (Children over board, AWB, War), massive scandals (Treatment of refugees, Deportation of AUSTRALIAN citizens) the list goes on. Its about Bloody time everyone woke up and started turning their back on him. I just hope theres not another Children overboard or something a month out from election. Howard is the last man you would want in Government if you had family in the armed forces or if you needed some protecion (After 5 years the gov comes out all sorry about the delays in charging Hicks,) And as far as Labor controlling the states and fed gov??? Can it be worst that Howard controlling the house of Reps AND Senate? Hence why we have sale of Telstra and other bad legislation put through like the "work choices". Bring on the Election, Bring on any one other that Howard. Sorry for the rant!
-
Mmm . My BA 1 xr8 has illuminated window switches. ...Al though I guess that's why the XR8 is the falcons premium car
-
Discountnewcars.com.au 2006 Runout Special
Desert_phantom replied to djgelling's topic in General Automotive Talk
I just spec'd up an 06 Phoon with Roof and Leather and the price that web site quotes is dearer that I got in a dealer 2 weeks ago. ← mate I though the roof on all ford falcons came as standard? :roflmbo:t -
Ive used the Sony Alpha quite a bit (I sell them). They are a very nice camera, 10MP, They are based on the Minolta so they use the same lense mount, millions of lenses out there for them. Great inbuilt anti shake and the battery life is almost double that of most others. (One thing that other companies cant touch on is sony battery technology) eg compare there mp3 players to ipods LOL. But overall it is a very nice camera. should be able to pick up twin lens kit (wide and telephot el cheapo but not too bad sony lenses) for around 1700 hund.
-
Dude, go the XR8. Just to be different. I went to adelaide last week and saw like 3 times more Turbo's...
-
As an xr8 owner you can guess my answer! As far as handling... stiffer springs up front will fix any real probs, maybe drop it an inch or two aswell. The fact is these cars are both better suited to out right speed than taking corners like an R34 GTR skyeline. But really, I love the big donk up front over the wheels. It feels solid as. All this stuff about the xr6t handling better... well I had a T spin out in front of me taking an intersection not overly fast, in fact I know my xr8 would of be fine. It does have a bit of weight to shift but the engine weight definately keeps those front tyres on the road. The xr8 goes hard, looks tough, sounds sweet and although im still just enjoying stock power levels, I can tell you that with a big high tech engine it has PLENTY of petential. And as far as cost vs kw...Pfft. Im stickin with the 8! Its so far been relatively bullet proof dare I say it! But in all honestly they are both beautiful cars, The XR8 just happened to push my buttons when taking it for the test drive. The first time you floor it at around cruzin speeds, and it kicks back , I was sold!
-
Nah mate its a BA Mk1, 4 speed XR8
-
If its at your feet it may have something to do with your air con vents/compressor etc. I once had this is my old Commo! lol Good luck
-
Hey fellas I was just messin around last night and found the following: Hold the traction control button down for around 10 seconds whilst the car is on, in neutral or drive (not park) and then the TC light flashes briefly and then nothing... The button will no longer operate...Until the car is turned off and on again. Does any one know what this does? Whats the purpose? I have not tested it yet, however you see those little tricks in BMW 5 series, Lambos and stuff (well according to Wheels) Any one shed some light on this?? Good luck Joel
-
You might be onto something. I'' check it out tommorow and let you guys know how I go. Thanks for all your suggestions
-
Yes have the MDF cover, Maybe the roads in Alice are a little rougher?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.