-
Posts
332 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by antigravity
-
Here's the link. Not sure what I did wrong! The vid seemed to work on my computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9vtR0VmuGg
-
Were You Outside The Day The Camera Went Past
antigravity replied to zx6rblue's topic in Videos & Driving Footage
Oh no for her anyway! -
Were You Outside The Day The Camera Went Past
antigravity replied to zx6rblue's topic in Videos & Driving Footage
I wasn't, but the beast was! Not at that house anymore... That would have been about 6 mths ago. And the car was completely stock back then -
Hey guys, this vid was done before I installed my air intake and intercooler, but its running pretty much the same now because its overboosting and now on 19s But is this about normal 0-100kmh for a stock XR6t auto? Ive always got this feeling my car is slower than everything else...
-
So it drones already, but you want it louder? If you don't have a stock system on, then you wouldn't have a centre muffler. Just a front and rear... I wouldn't take any off if I were you. Especially if it already drones. As for the cats, apparently the stock cats are quite good flowers. Approx 500cfm. If you upgrade, make sure you get a metal biscuit cat that flows more than 500cfm. But he's wrong, different cats flow differently. They're not just for looks... haha.. apart from the tip, who looks at an exhaust anyway? Nice colour BTW...
-
Is that someone hanging onto the front of the fire truck?!
-
Buying A Second Hand Flash Tuner
antigravity replied to antigravity's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Yeah I've thought about that, but his car was identical to mine (BA MkI Auto sedan) and the tune was 100% safe with his car. I understand our cars are different, but would rather run a custom tune for a BA mkI auto than a generic tune built for any kind of manual, auto, BA, BF etc... As long as it works, at least then I can dyno run it, see if the AFR's and the ignition are all good. If not, I'll wait for a custom of my own. My main concern is whether it'll flash or not to begin with... -
Buying A Second Hand Flash Tuner
antigravity replied to antigravity's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Hey everyone, About to buy a CAPA flash tuner off another member but have a quick question His car is running off a new tune box (he's upgraded to Version 2), and his tuner has reset the flash box. Now, if his tuner loads on the his custom tunes onto the box after its been reset, will those custom tunes work on my car? Like I said, the box itself has been reset, so I'm assuming that means its no longer VIN locked. But are tunes themselves VIN locked? Or just the box? The tunes in question were done on a stock BA XR6t auto, same as mine. I just want to know what I'm buying before I buy it. Thanks Dave -
I don't have a boost gauge, so I'm only going by the fact I can hear it boosting then cutting out at around 3500rpm...
-
Man am I jealous... What a beautiful car... How many k's and what sort of trade in did you get for your BA?
-
Just took it for a quick spin then, and it's not cutting out anymore... what the? Am I going crazzzy? :banghead:
-
Hey guys My car has been running fine, however today, I decided to tighten up all the manifold and turbo bolts, and clean out the boost solenoid. Anyway, when I give it a bit, and the turbo spools up, the car cuts out at around 3500rpm, and the exhaust coughs and gargles. I noticed a puff of smoke coming out of the exhaust too. The car doesn't die or anything like that, it continues to run, but at a lower RPM coz I back off. Is this what we call 'overboost'? I have recently installed an aftermarket intercooler and removed the centre muffler. I'm also running a 2nd typhoon CAI with a unifilter pod in the airbox. Like I said, before I tightened up the manifold and cleaned the boost solenoid the car was running fine, albeit a little slow... Hence why I decided to clean the solenoid. I've read on the forums that overboost doesn't occur with the mods I've got, however an exhaust shop a few weeks ago said that my cat may have been hollowed out... I didn't do it myself, however I took his word for it. Could this be contributing to the problem? But again, these mods were all the same before I cleaned the solenoid out... Any help would be great. The car is drivable, but I can't give it a bootfull basically. Cheers Dave
-
The Random And Funny Video Thread
antigravity replied to Dagabond's topic in Videos & Driving Footage
This is actually quite sad. Jack Nicholson discussing his Hydrogen Powered Car in 1978 http://www.kontraband.com/videos/13041/Jac...lsons-Car/#show -
Lookin good! Are those 20's? and what springs have you got? That height looks perfect.
-
Buying A Second Hand Flash Tuner
antigravity replied to antigravity's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
He's got a version 2 tuner, but the version 1 box I'm selling has been reset. Xtreme Ford have unlocked it apparently. -
Buying A Second Hand Flash Tuner
antigravity replied to antigravity's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I'm sure the seller is being honest, but I just wanted to increase my understanding of how these flash tuners work. He's said that his tuner has put his old tunes back onto the box. I'll confirm whether or not the tuner has also UNLOCKED the box. I understand that if the car has just been reset then that won't do. -
Buying A Second Hand Flash Tuner
antigravity replied to antigravity's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Thanks for the advice.. He's saying its unlocked, and he's putting his old tunes (ones he didn't use anymore) back on the box after its been unlocked. Does that sound right? -
I'm buying a flash tuner off a fellow member, and he's putting custom tunes for his car, onto the box for me The custom tunes were the ones used when his car was stock and exactly the same as mine (BA 4sp Auto sedan). These custom tunes ran fine on his car, but will they run safe on mine? All I've done is upgraded the intake and have an aftermarket intercooler. Everything else is stock. I guess my question is will the tunes: 1. Work on my car 2. Be safe? Or to be more specific, safer than generic CAPA tunes? Cheers Dave
-
Wow. Love the Force 6s.. If I had all the money in the world, the Force 6/Force 8 would be the BA/BF I would buy.
-
Well I do live in Gympie! Will take some near an industrial estate next time... seems that's the new trend
-
Here's the front of my car with the intercooler. Can't really tell how low/high it is, but it sits pretty well I think.
-
Finally got around to taking some photo's. Would have taken better ones, but the missus and the little one were with me, so couldn't take too long!
-
Yeah it sits below the radiator, but its not touching the bottom of the front bumper. I've taken the plastic guard out, as its nothing but a pain in the arse, but yeah, mine is sitting similar to yours. I couldn't get it much higher without kinking the top intercooler hose, so its gonna have to do.
-
Thanks everyone. I checked out the Queensland raceway website, and there are a number of events for amateur racing. Will be awesome to get out there and see what the beast can do. Need some swaybars though, driving through the twistys near home, the car is like a boat. My old EA fairmont handled better.
-
Hey everyone, I'm wanting to run the T on a track, just to have some fun, and do something I've never done before. But I have no idea where to go! Does anyone know when and where I can drive my street XR6t on a track? And also, what license do I need to do this? Any help would be great!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.