-
Posts
163 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Decoy
-
look at the racing line he was taking... he was in the proccess of overtaking or being overtaken as he was 2 cars wide. he could do nothing but put it into the wall... if he tried to get around him, he would have hit a dead stopped car at over 200km... so I think he did well. he could of done alot worse ← look, either way it was terrible and no one wants to see it happen. I'm not commenting on it anymore after hearing the conditions these guys are in and would just like to see them pull through ok.
-
I don't think he did well at all. Many cars before managed not to hit the stranded car. I just hope they are both ok.
-
The real performance gains in the VE isn't really about power, there is more than power when being fast. The new commo has much better weight balance with the new chassis, closer to 50/50 and it gets power down better, they may have also changed the ratios, all which will improve times...
-
I know a few guys at work that lease, don't know much about it myself, but I thought that it depends on how many k's you do as to how much it will benefit, all to do with FBT? And technically I didn't think you own it though, you will once you buy it off them at the end, if that's your choice... correct me if I'm wrong!
-
Hey Scotty, Which shop is that? There's no mention of anyone at Wilston on the CAPA site. ← I think that could be Mercury Motorsport?? Pretty sure they are at Wilston.
-
I read the fineprint for the power output of the XR6T. It says "1. Power & torque figures measured using premium unleaded fuel (95RON)" I guess it would be safe to assume that power and torque is actually increased by running a better grade (98RON) fuel. I wonder by how much. ← I'm not sure but the XR6T has always been quoted on 95RON fuel. Holdens 6L power is quoted on 98 RON though. ← Agreed, which is why I think the power figure is a furfy for the T, and is deliberately done to keep it below the XR8. Likewise for the F6 vs. GT/GT-P too. ← correct me if I'm wrong, but the XR8 is quoted on 91 fuel, the GT however, with higher compression, is quoted using 95 like the T. ← A quick check at the Ford website says the XR8s power and torque is also achieved using 95RON
-
Anyway mate, back on track, others around Brisbane besides PT could be The Brock Shop and I think that I have seen Elite Autos name mentioned (I think he was also doing the Nizpro tuning course).
-
I don't really want to get into this but have you actually been to the website and found anywhere that says they do the Flash Tuner (Edit)??
-
Long Wheel Base
-
I'm pretty sure RDP don't do the edit
-
So when is this unveiling? Btw I think they are Fairmonts...
-
Have you talked to them about it? Could be a start
-
I think the Force 6 is a Fairmont done by FPV with the F6 motor and the Force 8 is with the Boss. Could be wrong though!
-
Only thing wrong with that theory is that BF MkII isnt upping the power in the Turbo.
-
Mate, I'm a Port man and I'm hoping that West Coast can get up... No one cares about footy up here anyway! ← Yeh, Ive got $50 on WC as well by 8 points ← Fair enough, either way it should be a good game, but it will be a cold day in hell before you catch me cheering for the Crows!
-
Mate, I'm a Port man and I'm hoping that West Coast can get up... No one cares about footy up here anyway!
-
Yeah, you would have an input jack, you could also check the plugs behind the fuse box
-
Yes, that is what I have got, I believe it is louder also
-
The Aux input is not standard, every car has the capability for one. It is simply a headphone jack that plugs in behind the fuse box which then has the jack under the tissue box holder. There are two types you can get from ford, a boosted one (about $100), a non boosted on ($30) or you could make your own.
-
I read the fineprint for the power output of the XR6T. It says "1. Power & torque figures measured using premium unleaded fuel (95RON)" I guess it would be safe to assume that power and torque is actually increased by running a better grade (98RON) fuel. I wonder by how much. ← I'm not sure but the XR6T has always been quoted on 95RON fuel. Holdens 6L power is quoted on 98 RON though.
-
Bit of difference between the live rear end with leaf springs in a ute to the control blade IRS in the sedan though...
-
The ford website itself confirms no power upgrade, never really expected one myself. I cant see too many people round here telling you to get a SS or Toyota. Go the T mate, its a great car!
-
According to the Ford website the T keeps the same power figures.
-
Lesson 1 my rear tyres are a 245/35/20 the overall diameter (OD) of them is 680mm the OD of stock 235/45/17 is 616mm that then gives the a 64mm difference in the OD of the stock tyre compared to the 20's. Divide that by 2 to give you the difference from the wheel centre and that gives you a raise in ground clearance by 32mm. Enough said ← Lesson 2 The OD of Stock 235/45/17 is actually more like 643mm Meaning your car should only raise by 18.5mm Well I have noticed that the car is a touch slower, due to the extra weight of the wheels and yes slightly do to the gearing change. As for speedo calibration I had the forutanate opportunity to check it againts a speed check display on the freeway on the way back from getting the wheels fitted and its dead accurate. I can only presume that is because speedos are set a little out favouring reading a higher speed than you are actually doing. ← At the same rpm to do 100km/hr on 17's, you would be doing about 106km/hr on your 20's. If that makes sense. Sorry to hijack this guys thread, but back on topic, but I thought if you choose the correct tyres in 19s (235/35/19) would only raise your height by about 2mm
-
Yeah, Brock drove a Ford Sierra in 89-90 I think, with Mobil sponsorship. There was a Brock Falcon too, it was an EA.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.