chipa_12
Member-
Posts
182 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by chipa_12
-
Things are slow here today so I will share my story from last night. Some family friends kids asked me to drive them to their formal last night. I told them my car was not that flash, its standard looking BA Xr6T, its been edited but it still just look standard and white isnt the flashiest of colours. They said they had nothing else to go in so I agreed to take them. Gave it a good wash and clean and it come up alright if I do say so myself. Anyways as we were pulling in I started to regret taking them when I found myself in between a really nice ol' school Monaro GTS and a Shelby Mustang and in front of them were a couple of old Ferrari's... I started to feel a little sheepish but this was aleviated when I started to look around at other cars and found a whole lot of different shaded pink lancers and magnas... I thought... oh well my car is standard looking but I would still rather be in this than in a barbie pink lancer! anyways a purple VK Late model camira started doing burnouts in front of us while trying to pull in front of me.. I thought you tool there is a couple of hundred people (kids/parents/randoms) literally 1 metre away from you just standing there if you lose control it could be bad... Anyways I wasnt going to let him in, but then a teacher come up to me told me to roll my window down and asked me if I could let said purple VK in because he was about to blow up... I did a double take and it wasnt tyre smoke at all .. it was coming from his engine... I just laughed and let him through.. . Anyways it took about 25 mins all up to get in there, drop kids off and start to drive off.. as we did my missus in the passenger seat noticed that the nice monaro GTS that was in front of us was now next to us stopped at the traffic lights.. She asked me how much I thought he had spent on that car.. I thought a lot a by the look of it.. it looked pretty nice... Then she notices .. and tell me that the GTS is leaking radiator fluid.. it was pouring out in a puddle under the car.. . She rolled the window down and told him that he was leaking... The guy looked at us sheepishly and says with his head down.. "Yeah we have been sitting here for half an hour waiting in line not moving, it cant handle it." When the lights went green we took off and the GTS pulled over on the side of road to check out his car.. As we were driving home with the air con I looked at my temp gauge and it was still at a quarter where it always sits.. and I couldnt help but thinking , all the money people spend on their cars and they cant even sit for half an hour in traffic without boiling over... I sat there in my car just as long with the air con on and my temp was the same as it always.. so I turned the air con up , radio up and drove home with a smile on my face..
-
I saw a clip of Mythbusters saying that if you drove past them at something like 200 miles per hour it couldnt pick you up... or was that speed camera?
-
I go for Vortex 98 also... Have had bad experience with both BP fuel and Shell Optimax... It might have been where I got it from but I dont take the chance now..
-
Stolen - Rare $600,000 1971 Phase Iii Gtho
chipa_12 replied to bonza's topic in General Automotive Talk
It does seem like they went to a lot of trouble. And since they cant sell it I reckon a private collector got them to do it. Paying someone 100 grand to steal it for you, is much better than paying 600 grand. It will probably just sit inside a barn next to other priceless cars only visible to the private collectors inner sanctum... Or have I watched to many movies? -
I had an issue where my brake lights would stay on sometimes. Then my cruise control wouldnt work. But after tapping the brake pedal a couple of times the lights would switch off and the cruise control would work again. Eventually I got it fixed it was a faulty switch or something. Just something to check for if you find the cruise control is not working.
-
Why would it have the switches there and not have cruise control?? I think someone is pulling your leg...
-
Our work is doing too.. I am going for the mexican mo... mostly cause that's all I can grow... ie it doesnt meet in the middle.... but I am giving it a crack.
-
Well what does that say about Chicks that speed? Seems lately everytime I have been overtaken is by some chick doing 30 km over the speed limit usually in a sh*t box of car.
-
I thought these cars werent that easy to steal.. as in you pretty much have to have a key to take them... Or have I heard wrong?
-
IMO they don't really suit the lines of the car. The body shape of the rest of the car is smooth and a bit round. Those extra bits look sharp and jagged compared to the rest of the car's lines. This is more obvious in the pic from behind. From the top of the boot down to the bottom it is all following one round line, then when it hits those 'added' bits the line changes direction and goes the other way... bad designing I reckon..
-
I was watching this with headset on and yelled out what a C*cKHead when I thought he was going to hit the kerb... everyone looked at me funny .. I had to show people.. they all agree it was pretty dumb to do, but was also a good save!
-
Undecided with the looks so far.. . It has the GT-R type rear lights, but looks like a 350Z from side on... but these things tend to grow on you. I will probably like it more and more as time goes by...
-
Hey guys, I am finally getting an Edit done tomorrow morning. I am excited!! But the thought just occured to me, my 105,000km scheduled service is coming up, I would say in the next 5-6 weeks. What is recommended be done at those services? I am just concerned that I get the edit done and 5 weeks later when I get the service it they change/regap the spark plugs or do something else that would affect the custom tune. I am still going through Ford for my services, cause I still have another year on my warranty, and I know I have re-flash the tune back to standard before I take it in, but I am just concerned that they would do something that would make me have to get another custom tune, which would suck since I would have only just got it done. Any ideas, on what needs to be done at 105,000 and would it affect my 'custom' tune?
-
Thanks for the post guys. I am going to ESP tomorrow to get it done. I cant wait.
-
I was just thinking the M3 looks plain and boring compared to the other two. Not really like a 'super car' should. Having said that, I still would love one!!
-
Wether its common practice or not, doesn't make it acceptable. Good on you for sticking up for yourself and demanding something done. A lot of people would have just taken it without saying anything. Bad luck for the apprentice, makes you wonder how many times he has done this before, without getting caught. Good from the manager for taking resposibility. I have had my car taken for a 'test drive' and add 30 odd Km's to the speedo. Makes you wonder , 30 Km's in Canberra is like one end of the canberra to the other. Pretty big tests drives. When I questioned them about it they just played dumb. I dont take it to that particular dealer anymore.
-
Its not just him that is lucky... all the other guys standing a couple of metres away from him and behind him are quite lucky it hit the dirt first.. and not them...
-
How Fat is that Steering wheel?
-
My car has been doing this ever since I got it. I had the TPS changed and the pedal position sensor changed. Still does it every now and then.. and it is stock (well until next week ), so it has nothing to do with the 'tune'.
-
Excellent thanks for that Exar, I think I will check out gentech this arvo. Being site sponsors and all, they should probably get first dibs.
-
I thought GENTECH were Expensive Daewoo guys. Didn't know they also did Ford.
-
hmm the search fuctions wasnt working properly before, that's why I asked this question. However I tried it again and I got an answer, ESP in queanbeyan. Anyone else know of any other tuners?
-
Hi Guys, Just wondering if some of the Canberra (or if anyone else knows) guys can tell me if they know of any good tuners in the area. Just bought my self an edit, just wondering where I can take it to get a custom tune. I tossed up for over a year whether or not to get the edit, now I have taken the plunge, I want to take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Suggestions?
-
What the heck is a spoon drain?
-
I am getting a headache just thinking how you would clean them...
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.