Jump to content

Phevor

Member
  • Posts

    124
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phevor

  1. Sounds good to me. After a pay day is good and in advance. Say 22nd/23rd July? I've been to Auscarts where they're indoor track is pretty good, maybe the best in Melbourne in my opinion.
  2. photo-chopped more like it
  3. Does the BF come with boost gauges or are they on the FPVs? I was thinking of getting a couple for my BA. What's a good mounting spot?
  4. So anyone got a weekend in mind for a cruise?
  5. Nice pics Gary, you've out-done yaself again
  6. Isn't it recommended to stay using the same fuel and from the same service stations chain so your not constantly changing different fuel mixtures increasing engine wear or is this just total bollocks? I mainly use 98RON from BP ultimate and Shell Optimax (mostly) and either lower fuel grade when a bit light on the cash
  7. Oooh I can't make this cruise but glad it's postponed... but until when? Mid June is good Dare I ask what punk bands/style you do like? I might be able to put you in touch with some other bands.. The Living End are fantastic for what they do being rockabilly and put on an awesome show giving 110%, pity Festival Hall is a crap venue where the last show I saw of them at The Palace they were magnificent..
  8. that's good going there... my BA T has only just clicked over 18thou ← My 05 BA T has done close to 11,000kms! I'm going to the LEAST amount of K's award
  9. Agree, can see this thread getting messy.. Even though my car's "Rapid" which is alright, I reckon the best the T looks best dressed in colours "Shockwave" or "White".
  10. Sorry to hear about the sale decision! I know what you mean about umming and erring over fuel costs. In all honesty, moving into a smaller car for the sake of running 10-14ltr/100km isn't that significant compared with the T in saving a few extra dollars. But it has to be said a 2ltr will generally run longer than a thursty T, it also depends on your left foot so my recommendations: do the math before ridding the T cos all cars cost money to run. Unless you get yaself a Vepsa and spend $10 a week to run around in..
  11. Hahaha how kwel.. I had a stock 92 Prelude S-Coupe (Gen4?) b4 my T. The thought of being left behind at the lights heaps still lingers! It's pay back time now, cept there's fewer rides havin a go
  12. I'm not free till June so I'm up for either weekend of 10/11th or 17/18th (ideal) would be great for a karting afternoon or evening event. Plus the sooner it's decided then the more hope we have of getting a booking coz I doubt they'd reserve dates. Auscarts in Port Melb is a pretty awsome for karts/track. The place in Chesterville Rd was alright but Auscarts was better for value. I haven't been to Acekarts but there meant to be tops.
  13. Awesome
  14. Pixel Art.. I now know what you mean now, small pixel based pictures (well all pictures are pixel based except for vector based) The following link will show a few computer based pics of the Ford Falcon (various models) from the cool site DeviantArt which is both photo, hand and computer generated images. There's XR's there aswell: http://search.deviantart.com/searchcraft/?...rch=Ford+Falcon Here's some examples lifted from the range found online at DeviantArt that may interest you, not entirely what your after I'd imagine.... Rendered 'Baby Poo' Ford BA XR6T: http://www.deviantart.com/view/19593094/ Ford XR6T 03 'Phantom Purple': http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10235895/ Ford GTR: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32612197/ Ford Falcon XR6T: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32395513/ Also you could try PM'ing is XRPhoon on the forum as he's done some computer generated art specifically on the Falcon BA XR6T. If you ask nicely, maybe he'll have exactly what your after (or even create it for you). Best of luck hunting around \m/
  15. Try searching Google for "ford ascii art" as opposed to "pixel art" I think is the correct nerd terminology
  16. Regardless whether your a motoring enthusiast or not, the point is people in this day an age are more and more heavily pursuaded by marketing gimmicks for a sale. It doesn't matter if you make a new friend or not based on common interest through work, hell we all do. This site is great for info and I give all due respect to the moderators and members including yourself. You interpreted my un-directed comment and now turned it into your point where I was only offering my thoughts on marketing. Let's hope YOUR response hasn't scared him away. Information and advise is free and your the one who chooses what to do it. Like I said to begin with, I was voicing my opinion which is the whole point of a forum. Oh really! Gather around and listen real close. I've been in this job now for...11 days, I was an motoring enthusiast well before stepping into these shoes, even though in a 'sales' position at the moment, that's not going to alter the way I approach 'like minded' people. The other bloke you claim your not having a dig at, he too is a keen motorist, that was established well and truely before even talking about what vehicle he had in mind, no pressure was placed for him to call, drive, comeback and sign on the dotted line at all. To his credit, his demeanor, product knowledge and just all round good blokedness (if there is such a word) made it easier for an upstart like myself. When he walked away after first studying the Typhoon, I made mention of this site, saying how good a resource it is for information and swarm of decent 'like minded people' found within. Lets hope YOUR comments haven't flawed given him reason to think twice, because regardless of purchase, he's now a mate through a common interest, not a mate for my best interests! ←
  17. ← :wootjump: I agree!
  18. I know there's a DECA event on in Shepperton on Sunday, 28th May 2006 that could be worth checking out. A friend passed the invite on, you need a CAMS approved license and need to be part of a club. All can be purchsed on the day for approx $150. The DECA website: http://www.deca.com.au/Index.aspx The other thought for fun I had for current season conditions is organising a Go-kart GP at Auscarts (http://www.auscarts.com.au which is pretty good or at Acekarts out-door track in Sunshine (www.acekarts.com.au/). Just some further thoughts considering there very limited that can be done on public roads etc My two cents worth anywayz..... Mark
  19. After reading this thread, I just had to voice my 2 cents worth: 1) Push a sale too hard and you eventually scare people away. Customers don't want the sales persons voice constantly tinkering away at the back of their head. 2) Don't rub the customers nose back into their own words (most likely originally spoken with gusto). If anything this is simply putting the customer down thinking that their not better off if they don't buy from you. Remeber that there's another store around the corner with almost identically the same sale item. 3) Anything said out of a sales persons mouth represents not only the business but product. Use words carefully and wisely. 4) Thinking about a sale commission over the customers needs is selfishness! Will the customer still be a priority after the sale? Hopefully 'freaky' is not too freaked by being made the prime pedastool example here. Hopefully 'freaky' will enlighten everyone once his satisfied and has come to his own conclussions about his potential sale. PS: Yes I've had some bad experiences with car salesmen and have since learnt from the past. When I'm happy and ready to purchse something, it's my decision, not the sales person. Don't sign anything but always be honest. PPS: This is not a hit out at yourself 'DARREN' or 'freaky', it's just my opinion's on the art of selling things. Please PM me otherwise. Phevor
  20. I wish I hadn't gone out last night, heads a bit better after food! But at least I got a new number as consolation so I'll give myself that little piece of credit.. Keep the pictures coming if you've got em and sounds like I missed heaps! What's the best time of month for a cruise? For me it's after mid-month as I'm paid monthly. Perhaps this can be taken into consideration for next time (lack of keeping up to date on details is my issue) Cheers..
  21. Sorry all I canned it the last minute too as I'm flung over! The getting to bed at 4am wasn't the issue, I think it was more the amount of alcohol I drank and the company I was happily with! Heads not good for being in a car especially around black spurs if it's looking as wet as it is now out . Enjoy cruise
  22. woah.. just when you're quiet for a few weeks, new things like a CRUISE brews up before ya know it! Count me in as I'm free :msm: CRUISE LIST: 1. Mr Turbo - BA XR6T 2. EvilDaifu - BF XR6T 3. flukeyluke - BA XR6T 4. Fast Ford XR6 - BA XR6 5. Stang - BA XR6T 6. Dagabond - BA F6 Tornado 7. Adam - BA XR6T 8. XR6T8_U - BA XR6T 9. XBOSSR - BA XR8 10. Bain - BA XR6T 11. XRhoon - BA XR6 12. Spoolman - BF Typhoon 13. XLNT6 - BA XR6T 14. Mr Venom - BA XR6T 15. Kev_XR8_Ute - BA XR8 16. Deek - BA XR6T 17. Xrdreaming/Geea - BA XR6T 18. Newxr6tfan - BA XR6T 19. Miss Aly - BA XR6T 20. Jake - BA XR6T 21. ShockF6 - BA Typhoon 22. veczar - BA XR6T 23. CL1MAX - BA XR6T 24. Phevor - BA XR6T NOT CONFIRMED: 1. Imagine - BA Typhoon 2. Joe - BA XR6 3. gogo - BA XR6T 4. Strike ?
  23. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Come on luke I`ve seen the way you look at me, that is definately lust in your eyes (could also mean u want to kill me)but I told you I only like women.I suppose when your nervous it can sometimes make you want to puke LOL <{POST_SNAPBACK}> sick & perverted little man <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  24. Phevor

    New User

    And another Ford T joins our evil roads :asthanos:
  25. Phevor

    New User

×
×
  • Create New...