-
Posts
4,084 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Turbo6man
-
Yes, my wife told me that the next time I stay up working all night in the garage she is packing her bags and leaving. I really thought I would miss her too, but after just two more nights in the garage I'd gotten over it.
-
Sorry to hear that Ian. It can be a very stressful time. Can I offer you this? ... TIPS FOR STRESS MANAGEMENT Just in case you've had a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological texts. The funny thing is that it really works. 1. Picture yourself near a stream. 2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air. 3. No one but you knows your secret place. 4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called "the world." 5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity. 6. The water is crystal clear. 7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.
-
Dunno where you get that idea from - the cops can record the incident in their working diary and issue an infringement notice anytime after that that they please - well maybe not any time, but certainly within two weeks is fine and legal. If they were Ds then you have a 50% chance of not getting an infringement notice because they have to pass all the details onto traffic branch. if the Traffic Sargeant thinks there may be something not quite to the letter of the law in how they dealt with you then he will choose not to bother with an infringement. BUT if he thinks their evidence will hold in court then you can expect a summons. The important things are going to be: 1. Did you say anything at all (that they wrote down or recorded in any way) that would be incriminating?, and 2. Did they have a tape or camera operating?, and 3. If they did record the conversation on tape or camera did they inform you that it was being recorded? If you think the answer to any of those questions is NO then you probably won't hear any more about it.
-
Daddy longlegs A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was. Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature through such innocent eyes. Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention. He noticed she was looking at two Daddy longlegs' mating. "Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked. "They're mating," her father replied. "What do you call the one on top?" she asked. "That's a Daddy Longlegs," her father answered. "So, the other one is a Mummy Longlegs?" the little girl asked. As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question he replied "No dear. both of them are Daddy Longlegs." The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then took her foot and stomped them flat. "Well, we're not having any of that poofter sh*t in our garden" she said
-
The Scotsman and the Dentist A Scotsman phones a dentist to enquire about the cost for a tooth extraction. "£85 for an extraction, sir" the dentist replied. "£85!!! Huv ye no'got anythin' cheaper?" "That's the normal charge," said the dentist. "Whit aboot if ye didnae use any anesthetic?" "That's unusual, sir, but I could do it and knock £15 off. "Whit aboot if ye used one of your dentist trainees and still without an anesthetic?" "I can't guarantee their professionalism and it'll be painful. But the Price could drop to £40". "How aboot if ye make it a trainin' session, ave yer student do the extraction with the other students watchin' and learnin'?" It'll be good for the students", mulled the dentist. "I'll charge you £5. But it's going to be very traumatic." "Och, now yer talkin' laddie! It's a deal," said the Scotsman. "Can ye Confirm an appointment for the wife next Tuesday then?"
-
Rocket launches from Houston to mars with 2 monkeys & a woman. Houston calls 1st monkey: adjust oxygen 20 per cent, stop radar, phase to warp factor 3; Monkey 1 : OK Done Houston to 2nd monkey: switch off engine 3 & start radiation shield, adjust anti-gravitational throttle: Monkey 2: OK Done Houston to woman: Feed the monkeys & don't f*cking touch anything
-
Political correctness "Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
-
Getting Ready For An Edit
Turbo6man replied to Filopastry's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Any more bids ... do I have six ... six anyone? Going once at five. Second at five. Last call for six, anyone got a six? Third and last .... c'mon someone has to go six on this ... ALL IN AND DONE AT FIVE IT IS! -
Getting Ready For An Edit
Turbo6man replied to Filopastry's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Be wary of ones on eBay - unless it states specifically that it has only been VIN locked once (or maybe twice) then it may have had it's three "lives". After that it apparently has to go "away" to be fixed (reset). "Away" is the USA unless CAPA can now unlock them here. In any case it will cost - an enquiry to CAPA will get you the cost of having this done - add that to the cost of the cheap unit and it may not end up so cheap. If you buy a new unit it will have three lives - ie. you can change it from car to car twice. A new one will probably come with some generice tunes and in most cases these are OK (mainly for standard or minor mods) - if you do more serious mods you will definitely be advised to get a custom tune. The factory tune also remains in the unit for whenever you may wish to put it back to standard AND ALSO for your car makes trips back to the dealer - NEVER leave the CAPA tune in the car because if Ford Service "flash" your ECU the tune will be lost - another expensive visit to CAPA for re-instatement. This is particulalry important if you have a custom tune because it means more dyno time and expense to re-do a custom tune for your car. Hope this is a start ... -
Well it took just 82 posts for the truth to come out. Well, actually it DID come out much sooner than that - it's just that one person seemed to be in denial for a while. Anyhow, I see no purpose for the thread to remain open as everyone has had their fun. I guess we all have X-WING to thank for a few days worth of mirth.
-
Geez, what are they putting into the water in Brissy? Something stronger than flouride methinks ... If what you have said is even close to true then either; Your car is a POS build and way below the normal standard for an XR6T, You can't drive, The Toycar had a supercharger hidden under the bonnet.
-
Yes mate, that is the work ute - I won't take the T3 to a carpark. :roflmbo:
-
Ahhh Shaz, I see you like cats. Boy oh boy have I got some recipes for you?!! Rob (F6)> Heheheh, don't underestimate the intelligence of the Sh!ttyzoo ... that dog didn't panic at all, it was just getting even with you for going out and leaving it home alone. We had one that would wreck havoc in the house if we left it alone. And it was very proud of itself into the bargain! The message was very clear "If you go out without me you can expect the house to be in a mess when you get home". XtRmn8> Staffies can be dumb, but I have met a couple of trained ones - you have to spend a lot of time with them. And they are not a dog that likes to be left alone from what I've seen. They crave company. They also feel the cold if left outside as the afternoon air chills. Most of the ones I know have coats for the winter and have to have them on almost constantly.
-
My preferences in order; I park on the street whenever possible and if I can be at the end of a parking section all the better - the fuggers can only get you one end! In a large carpark, as far away from the entrance as possible - BUT it's friggin amazing how many times I've come out and found some piece of sheet has been parked right beside me. I'm sure it's been done deliberately so I record their number and store it (just in case). As a last resort I will park closer to the entrance but ONLY if I can get beside a pillar - I always let the passenger out first and reverse in and park 1" clear of the pillar leaving the maximum amount of space on the "danger" side. If I can't park in accordance with those conditions I won't park at all.
-
hey Mondie - good to see you back in a T3. Did you get that red manual? Anyhow well done mate. How much are you looking to spend? Like Cro says the top end tyres are $620 a corner. That is hard for me to justify no matter how I look at it. The last Dunlops I bought were $425 a corner and from all accounts are very similar to the Yokos that Zap is talking about. They were the new SP Sport Maxx as used by FPV now in replacement for the SP9000s. I was very happy with their grip level in all conditions right down to the wear indicators - they didn't go off at 50% tread like most high performance tyres seem to do. I got just 20,000km from the rears but they did a drag day which included a couple of good burnouts. the fronts still have about 15% left. I have replaced them with Sumitomos, HTR-ZII which I have used before and are the longest wearing of any tyres I have used on the T3 (30,000km). Their grip is right up there as well, BUT they do not like puddles. Wet roads don't deter them one bit but they do tend to aquaplane in deeper puddles. I just drive slower if it's p!ss!ng down that hard anyway. Really good value at $245 a corner.
-
Yes they fit - remember though the early BAs (like the AUs) had reverse light in the bumper and later was put in to the tail light cluster. Not sure on price - they are on eBay all the time.
-
Bloody ell ... Fat-Tony is right on the money with this one. Tabbitha ... just shuddup! What would you know about a clutch anyhow? For you it's only about how to grip your beer. teeq> Go do the test suggested .... sit in your car in your driveway, no better go out onto the street, select fourth gear and give it a bootful of revs and then drop your clutch. If the car stalls the clutch is good. If the engine slowly dies in revs then it is your clutch slipping. If it's slipping it will quickly deteriorate if you keep provoking it with WOT at low revs in the higher gears. Go easy until you can get it fixed 'cos once it's gone it's gone and you'll be driving nowhere.
-
What's Involved In Having The Car Lowered?
Turbo6man replied to Skooby's topic in Suspension and Handling
From a purely physical standpoint you don't need to change the shocks in order to lower the car. However, if you don't change to a better quality shock you will possibly end up with a rough uncontrolled ride in a fairly short time. The original shocks are not designed for the extra load that stiffer springs put on them and will chop out fairly quickly. Save for a little longer until you can afford to do the whole job in one hit - the labour content will be the same and it will save you having to pay out twice for the labour once your shocks are roooted. A good set of Konis will set you back about $1100. They will last for as long as you'll have the car - you'll never have to replace shocks again. -
Which Is The Best Gearbox Available For The T
Turbo6man replied to boost_ute's topic in Driveline Workshop
Well done - the only instance when it is better than doing it manually ... -
Which Is The Best Gearbox Available For The T
Turbo6man replied to boost_ute's topic in Driveline Workshop
Hey! Watch who you're calling a tool HAMMERHEAD. -
Well what can one expect? The fact is that the majority of people can't drive to an adequate standard when travelling forward - what chance have they got going backward?
-
No it won't work with a heavy vehicle - it all comes down to power/weight ratio. No clutch will ever be able to transmit the same torque as first gear can - as that is what you are asking it to do. The best way to launch a car is with gears, not the clutch. Theoretically, if you had a short enough first gear you would never have to ride the clutch - a la Road Rangers and such like which are used in semis and road trains. On most road cars there is the need to ride the clutch to some degree to get the engine at max torque point for fastest hole shot - then it comes back to "can the tyres give enough traction at said max torque revs?" Generally not, therefore some compromise is usually reached - it takes many practice starts to find what is exactly the right balance for each individual vehicle. But launching a car is totally different to launching a bike.
-
OK, I wanna know who told ya? I'll never believe you worked that out all on your own. Hey! ... and don't wiggle your ass at me ... save it for your BF.
-
Which Is The Best Gearbox Available For The T
Turbo6man replied to boost_ute's topic in Driveline Workshop
yeah but at least I have a good excuse ... unlike you who has trouble with even a three letter word "too" ... viz a viz; "I'm far too stupid for that". -
Which Is The Best Gearbox Available For The T
Turbo6man replied to boost_ute's topic in Driveline Workshop
With age comes wisdom ... and patience ... oh, and not to forget alzymers ... four days to me is but a moment in time. Don't worry young fella you still have time ... you'll get wise one day ... at least I hope you do!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.