-
Posts
126 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by XRCISM
-
I wish that was the case!!! I still go down this road every day but with the c/control set .... the T still goes way over the limit on each descent - what more can you do? A tip too ..... don't say 'yes' when they ask if you want to see the radar - it got me nothing but a constant torch in my face, my car checked (I don't think I look like a drug dealer?? :( ) and some questions that were none of their business. I look at it this way .... there are plenty of times I am 'excessively' speeding and I don't get caught. I guess sometimes you just have to cop the 'money making' ones on the chin and be grateful they didn't catch you on a 'lose your license' one!!!!! :D I still like to whinge about it though!!!
-
All of the complaining in the country will not change the speed camera situation!!! For the record, I am not against having them - but I just think they should be there to catch the 'speeders' ....... not nab us all every time we go over the limit by 5kms!!!! (especially during hours where there is no one on the roads anyway). That is the money making side that annoys me. And it isn't so much the money as the points ..... they take so long to get back :(
-
Speed cameras, radars ...... if they were really there to save lives they wouldn't book you for doing small amounts over the limit. Last ticket I got a couple of months back was on a mountain road in a 50 zone before 6.30am. Seriously ..... unless I was driving like a maniac or excessively speeding, what is the problem?? 50km p/h on an descending road is very hard to stick to unless you are constantly riding the brake ..... but I managed to get busted. They're bloody everywhere these days and there is nothing we can do about it. What's worse is that if you actually try to stick to a limit, you usually get a car up your ar$e pushing you to speed anyway!!!! Perhaps some of those rotating number plates out of a James Bond movie are in order ................ :lol:
-
hi everyone how about 14th September, the Sunday before the school holidays ? let me know (the weather might be warmer )
-
OK - Thanks for the feedback guys Seems to me we can get more numbers if we change the date. So now ....... when?? Let's make it when the weather is a bit warmer - how about when daylight savings starts as well?? Is around September/October better?? Open to suggested dates - post some preferred dates and we'll run another poll. Cheers, Meg Now I will just have to let my sister know we have postponed it ........... think I'll leave that to Rob!!!! :lol: :lol:
-
:( Numbers are decreasing ......... I am still keen to go to Sovereign Hill - I have however acknowledged that August may not be the most inviting time for a family day out (due to the cold weather). If it will boost numbers, I am happy to postpone the event until we hit some better weather - all interested in this event please post ASAP and let me know your thoughts. Also - if we are still on for the 17th, we will have to make a final decision around Friday the 15th once we know what the weather is going to be like (long drives and walking around S/Hill is no fun in the pouring rain!!). So - give me some feedback and we'll take it from there. Cheers, Meg
-
Kenny lost it long before this poll was even started!! :lol: :lol: Here's an 'off the topic' thought: When Ken eventually gets down here to Melbourne, I for one will be extremely dissappointed if he doesn't have long white hair - it just kinda suits his personality!!! :D :D
-
I wasn't aware there were any other brands besides Fords or Holdens?? ....... except thost little blue cars with big exhausts that I keep passing!!!! :lol: Great write up and sounds like some honest opinions. Lot of effort too I would be interested to know what the guys on the WRX forum thought of your comments??
-
Dyno Day in Melbourne - details first post
XRCISM replied to Cobra's topic in Southern States (VIC, SA, TAS)
Ahh - finally made it to the pc. Now ..... where to start!!! What a great day!! Exhaust fume headache has finally gone but it was well worth it!! I just wanted to jump on and express some thanks: Mark and the guys at Dynomotive - you all worked extremely hard to give us all a great day. The info. was great and you all took great care of our cars - many thanks. Cam and crew from Knox Ford - you brought along an impressive stable of horse power and gave us some great information with your Herrods presentation - thanks heaps ...... (Cam - has Rob called yet to book in my car for a few 'mods'??) :D Peter & David from APS - saw the beast in action but didn't get a chance to get outside to have a closer look :( Thanks for taking the time to show us what these fantastic cars can do!! All of the members and 'guests' who came with their cars - your support for the site was sensational. As well as managing to raise money for the site, the amount and variety of cars made the day better than expected. Thanks for eating up at the bbq - haven't heard of anyone coming down with food poisoning yet!!! :lol: Those that travelled from afar - from Geelong to Sydney - thanks for making that extra effort to come and support our event. Chris - great to finally meet you and hope to see you at more events in the future. Deek (Kennards Hire) - thanks for the bbq and heater. Warm air and hot food always make a cold day a bit better!! Last (but not least) thanks to Rob...... so many days and nights of organizing (instead of spending time with the other half) has finally paid off!! Well done - you did a great job All in all I had a great time and can't wait for the next one!!! In the meantime, I hope to see you all again on our trip to Sovereign Hill - please check out the thread and come along - the bigger the convoy the better!! Cheers, Meg -
:lol: got it in writing Well, someone did say there would be food .......... How does it go ..... if you want the job done properly????.............
-
Those times sound good to me - I will update the first post. For any that are coming but haven't yet given their details (see first post), now is the time to do so!!! We need to see if we are going to get our minimum amount of people for the discount!!!!! I will be hassling everyone at Melbourne Dyno Day - so look out for the redhead!!!! (she'll be behind the bbq!!) :D :D
-
OK - Poll seems to show that either date would be fine. That being the case, I think we will make it the 17th so you won't have to worry about getting time off work. I will update the first post. The only info. lacking now is the times. I don't have a clue how long it will take to get from Fountain Gate to Bacchus Marsh and then to Ballarat. Can someone please advise so I can update the first post with times (we should be looking to arrive at Soverign Hill by mid-late morning). Cheers, Meg
-
Agreed - except what is the solution when there is a car in front of you and cars to the sides??!! :(
-
BLKXRT - No - it was on my old Nissan.
-
I once had a group of young kids throw a basketball at my car (in an attempt to throw it over passing cars in the street). It ended up hitting the roof and denting it. If I was going any slower it would have hit my windscreen - throwing stuff (no matter how harmless) can end up causing a lot more damage than you may think!! :( Anyway - I stopped and grabbed their ball (as they bolted) and took it home - justice for all!!! :D :lol:
-
If I did that I would expect to be side swiped!!!!! However, I did see a passenger swinging around a baseball bat (while doing about 80k) at the car in front of me last weekend. I immediately slowed down as I did NOT want to be on the receiving end of that bat if it was thrown!!! Ouch!! :(
-
Just thought I would share my story since I actually made it to work!!! I was travelling up quite a long crest in the right hand lane and low and behold a truck pulls out from the left lane to go around the truck in front of him!!! As we start to go up the rise, it is quite obvious that he has no chance in hell of passing anybody, so I am now presuming he is intending on turning right at the top of the hill. Nope - he just wants to cruise up the hill in the right hand lane. I now cannot get around him as the left lane is full of cars that are stuck behind the truck in that lane!! After we reach the top, the truck from the left lane pulls in front of him and he flashes his lights at him. By now I am in the left lane and when I too pull in front of him he flashes his lights at me too!! Being the informative motorist I am, I put down my window and using hand gestures pointed to the left lane (no middle finger as you may have expected) to let him know that is where he should be. Holy crap - he found the accelerator in his truck and I now have him inches away from my bumper flashing his lights at me. I didn't accelerate or brake - just took my foot of the accelerator and rolled along gradually going slower and slower. This soon bored him and he dropped back. This lasted about 10 seconds. He then cuts into the left hand lane and pulls up beside me (window down yelling abuse). I ignore him. Now I have a truck swerving at me in hope I will run off the road. Now this has pushed me too far. I am not deterred at all by his intimidation tactics and hold my line in my lane. He is still leaning out of his window and going as close as he can to my car. My thoughts are that it is not in his best interests to hit me and he is obviously just trying to bully me off the road. Ain't gonna happen. I keep going ahead and he is so busy coming close to me that he doesn't notice his lane has stopped until he eventually looks up. Brakes on and grinds to a halt ........ I kept cruising along in my lane and never saw him again (he got caught up in the traffic). Although it all worked out 'fair' in the end, my question is this: What do you do when confronted with a road rager?? Retaliation is not the answer but is it doing nothing?? Should you pull over or does that let them think they can do it again to someone else?? I am not one to talk - I would probably be the queen of road raging - but I would be interested to see what people have done or think should be done in road rage situations?? Plonky or VG - you may be able to give us another perspective on this topic also!!
-
As soon as someone who knows the area gives a suggestion (no names mentioned Dagabond ........!!!)
-
Guys - your cheesy one liners are funnier than the pic!! :lol: This thread is like walking into the mens toilets - I shouldn't really be here!! ..... so I'll go back to the kitchen ..... but keep em cumming - I like a good laugh!!!!! :D :D
-
I have never heard of anyone having a huge problem with any of the major brands of PULP - I go for Optimax or occasionaly Synergy .... whatever is handy. My car goes as well as I drive it - with whichever petol I have in it. I do however stay away from smaller outlets and Woolies discounted petrol - I have heard stories about them (watering down, etc.). Ken 'Lord of his Ring' Boyle ( :D ) - stop scaring our new members and give them time to get used to our (your) demented sense of humour!! (it did give me a good laugh though :lol: :lol: )
-
That is crap and totally unacceptable. For the record, my alarm is fitted by the dealer and beeps every time I press it on of off. The only time it doesn't is if it is already off - in which case the light comes on but no sound (I know ... dickhead trying to turn it off when it's not even on!!) On the other side of the coin, if I try to turn it on once it is already on it goes off - gave me a hell of a fright the first time I did that!!! I would be interested to know how you go - be sure to give us all of the details once you've spoken to them!! Good Luck
-
Geoff, I will amend the first post - let us know how many adults and children (and names). It will be a great day - and the bigger the convoy the better!! :D I noticed you live in the Bayswater area ....... have you seen the thread for the Melbourne Dyno Day?? You should take a look and come along - we would all love to meet you and that will be an awesome day!! Cheers, XRCISM
-
Welcome blackmagicxr6!!! We would all love to meet you (and your car) - post your name and anyone else you want to bring along and I will amend the first post (please nominate adult or child etc.). Hope to see you there! :D
-
do we need 20 paying customers or just 20 people? I would think we would need 20 paying people to get the discount - don't worry .... still plenty of time to round up enough people (we'll rope in a few more at the Dyno Day as well!!)
-
Sounds good to me ........ let us know of a higly recognizable place to meet up in BM and we can work on the times later (or give us your address and we will happily come and wake you up!!!) :D :D Does anyone have a rough idea how long it will take to get from F/Gate to B/Marsh and from B/Marsh to Ballarat??? And will we need e-tags???
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.