Jump to content

Envi_XR8

Member
  • Posts

    142
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Envi_XR8

  1. I can pick up the Sub for $110 as for the stock amp power to the Sub FORD say its 150watt but the guy at striaflied say it more like 20-30w RMS
  2. Hi Guys, I want to change out the factory sub with a After market one I was looking at the Fusion and the JBL. I decieced to go buy the JBL sub since straifield had floor stock and the fusion were a bit of a hassel to get. I went to buy it today and the guy at straifield tried to sell me a aftermarket amp to power the sub he was telling me that the factory amp was only pumping out 20w RMS and it wont even drive the JBL and I will be taking a backwards step. Is this guy just trying to sell me crap I dont really need just to line his pockets on comission or is he genuine. I am not after massive window and boot rattling DOOF DOOF just wont a nice clean bass without it going POOP POOP once I pass 18 on the dial. I will be also getting the JBL 5x7 GTO 2-ways for the rear as well ( which will run off the amp from the deck fine according to the same bloke at straifield ). Thanks for your time on this topic Envi_XR8 P.S. the reason I want the 8" sub and not a couple of 12's or 10's in the boot is I need the boot space
  3. Would have loved to have gone mate but have work Hopefully will be free next cruise .
  4. Can some one please explian why the 6T box takes 4.8Lt and the V8 only take 3.8Lt cheers
  5. HI guys I am in the middle of replacing a pluse angle sensor in a vl 3.0Lt I need to replace the bearing in the dizzy and im having trouble doing this can some please tell me how to remove the bearing thanks in advance
  6. Hey mate Here is a site that might help you http://www.trueblueford.com/BA_audio.html it gives basic info on the 4 different level of radio options. Premuim sound has the Colour screen 6 in dash cd stacker 150w sub amp and 150w amp Prestige only has a lcd screen (about half the hieght of the color screen) 6 stacker in dash and 100w amp and no sub (I think) The ICC in the GTs and Fairmonts will have the preium sound and the Daul climate control option (which can be option on the XR as the luxuray pack option which give you the climate control and sports leather seats) Best bet would be is pm ninka as he converted the premium sound with the climate control in his xr. there is a post on here too about it maybe do a search hope that is some help
  7. Looks nice good to see the WA coppers using ford chase cars now got told they canned the BA's as the sports shift was around they wrong way (its the correct way in my opinion) Dunno how true that is as I have only been over here just over a year and in that time I havent seen a ford chaser Can any one conform this for me
  8. Seen that T the other day too when I was dropping the misses car off at Port Kennedy car craft
  9. Seen one in the flesh the other day at Challenger fords showroom looks
  10. Fusion = good If you can stretch the funds, go for the Fusion 5x7 components for the front. I don't have it (too expensive for me) but I heard it and it sounds spectacular Panda ← Panda what fusion sub did you get FEW-8 or the FEW-8DVC and do you know the differance between the 2 is cheers
  11. Hey guys was thinking of upgrading the factory speakers with some 5x7 2 way in the back which is pretty basic Job so my question is I was looking at some 5x7 splits for the front and would like to know if any one has change the speaker in the A-piller before and how hard of a job it will be.or should I just buy a 5x7 Woofer speaker and keep the factory tweeter in the A-piller.One more thing was looking at buying Fusion speakers being that there green to match my car (bit of a wank factor I know) are they any good cheers guys
  12. Best I can do
  13. Ute looks mate but does need the splitter painted blacks to set it right off As for the sticker for the bludge I used Stripe master Cost me $60 fitted and they came to me
  14. Hey Guys I'm about 50/50 this stage let you closer to the date
  15. Thanks mate .I have left the factory shocks in the car and I didn't need a camber kit for the rear They had enough adjustment /shims on the factory bolts
  16. Mate no harm done sweet ride you got very Oldschool
  17. It only set me back $400 including 4 wheel alignment got it done at wilkinson suspension in bayswater
  18. I 've seen it around It does look nice
  19. Hi guys got my car lowerd today Got SSL in the rear and SL in the front turned out perfect car sits nice and level IMOA any way have a look and let as know your thougts Cheers Envi_XR8
  20. So FPV had a load left from the MkI GT so they throw them in the MkII XR8 So there probaly only worth there weight in scrap metal
  21. Only got the 18's mate thanks for the offer thou I did however decied to get the yoko's so see how they go specialy with the extra weight in the front with the bent eight
  22. Hi Guys Getting my XR8 lowered tomorrow and I am not 100% sure but I think I read when the MkII first came out That the factory springs in the MkII were upgraded to the GT springs Is this true and if so is it worth keeping them and trying to sell em they have only done 25k. Cheers Guys
  23. Mate im in port kennedy you can bum a lift off me
  24. Hi Guys I'm keen on coming I've never been on a cruise (its always fell on a work day/night) so looking forward to a top night I'll meet up with you guys at kings park
  25. Cheers Snail shes hasn't got long now. How much you pay for the F1 I can get the yokos for $425
×
×
  • Create New...