Jump to content

gmax

Member
  • Posts

    44
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gmax

  1. guys has anyone fitted the AVO cooler and plumbing to their T ??? would like to hear yr thoughts.... good and bad, am contemplating whacking one on my ute and would like a heads up... a bit of educated input, and not someone saying " they're crap", unless they have experience to explain why they are crap...or grouse!!! at moment for me its a tossup between the AVO job and an ASE... not chasing over 350 rwkw... thanks heaps
  2. dude those rims are the sh$t !!!! look great!!! now for the dirty bits..... how wide, what rubber, how much, where from...???? answer these and my ute will bling...
  3. just to ensure I have this right... is the part number for a BA mk 2, same as BA mk1 cooler, and BF different...??? I wanna buy one, dont wanna grind my yellow terror... call me old fashioned, a bolt-on should just bolt on.... can anyone tell me the part no for BA mk 2 PWR cooler, so I dont get shafted... thanks
  4. gmax

    Top Speeds

    by the way, the aps 307 kph run, was if my memory is not mistaken, done with xr8 diff ratio, taller at the time...and it had bigger stoppers fitted.... still need balls of steel for that run though
  5. gmax

    Top Speeds

    my ol rex managed 245 before my b#lls shrunk and I backed off... the T never felt as good on the road as that despie having heaps more stick!!!and 190 is all I have bothered to try... on private track, of course... Gmax
  6. gmax

    Do Not Pi$$off Cops

    as far as I am concerned, she had the zap coming.... are the cops expected to stand on the side of the rod for 2 hrs asking her if she would be kind enuff to step out so she can be arrested??? and if she choses not to get out the car, what then for the civil libertarians?? is she allowed to drive off ignoring the cops??? give me a break, tazer her, arrest her... end of story as for those who say "sue em".... get a job, or go live in the U.S. and see how screwed up they really are over there!!!
  7. thanks for the input guys.... trip computer is erratic like the gauge with kms remaining etc... I have agut feeling the sender has issues now, no fun in a ute either... keep u posted, either way, my tuner better come to the party....
  8. got some work done to my mk2 ute a while back... exhaust, injectors and bigger in-tank pump, custom tune etc. from day one the fuel gauge had been nuts, basically reading full when empty and vice versa etc, though it jumps from one to other - no smooth needle movement as tank empties either.... I was not too concerned as I live along way from tuner, and will be going back soon for some more mods, but they reckon it may be a corrupt file (??? something like that) in the downloaded tune they modded... if that was the case, would it not be normal when I flash it back to standard??? has anyone had similar experience??? thanks for your input.
  9. gmax

    870 Flywheel Hp

    by the way, this donk weighs in around 5 - 6 tons, its just a standard industrial motor, but makes for a good chart and comparison, sure u agree
  10. gmax

    870 Flywheel Hp

    I hope the pics work..... now dont get too excited guys, but I couldn't resist this.... cat 398 on engine dyno, hold at full load for 1 hour ( wish my aftercooler was that consistent, dont you??) this is 22 psi boost... and 60 gallons of diesel per hr... 1200 rpm max... this is a thumper... enjoy gmax
  11. hey guy and girls am looking to upgrade my T ute BA mk2, present 271 rwkw ( typ CAI , 968's, bosch pump, APS exhaust, edit) has anyone had experience with AVO product???are they hard to fit?? or will the PBR job be fully up to it, I only wish to get a bit above 300 kw (mayb max 350) in future, I know valve springs, and actuator will need mods too... I do not wish to fit cross flowing style (eg hybrid, nizpro etc) intercooler, and move battery , fit a pod etc at this stage, and I dont believe I will need to unless I am aiming for some seriously large kw numbers... prices and installation problems would be a great help.... I havent found much here specifically about the AVO job thanks
  12. hell yes, I tried every #$%in tune in the box.... a splutter was the best I got.... I know it had plenty of fuel, (though I have sender issues after a bigger pump was installed)... the ute, well she is still in goondowindi.... was meant to get towed to ford dealer, didnt happen yesterday...thanks heaps ford assist... I am really ecstatic as u can imagine... maybe today they will get it there to plug in and let diagnostics tell what died, until then... picture this, hitch hike, tow truck, dodgey hotel ( though I was in wolf creek for a little while), bus to next big town (were they have things called hire cars) and then finish off a 1500 km trip.... I tell you what yibbidah yibbidah, bring it on rexxy... it cant be more of a pain in the arse than this.... then again , ask me when I find out what I will be paying to repair.... cheers gmax ps- how the heck did big rexxy end up in this thread?????
  13. ouch jeez mate... the thought of big rexxy.... I am traumatised enuff already..... mind u, I may need all the cash I can get to get my T back in action.... the horror...the horror....
  14. middle of nowhere.... 800 ks down so far for the morning, all going fine 10 kms/litre on cruise , music cranking, then the T just dies....dead like....ppfffeerrrr.... no nuthing now I am a diesel mech, but what can u do in middle of nowhere on a new falcon, answer is sweet FA, just call RACQ.... my baby was last seen getting winched onto tilt tray and headed to goondowindi!!!! when I plugged flasher in , it toild me I have the F program loaded, which is strange... I loaded all the others onto it, and all loaded ok, but when I rechecked each time , it says F program installed....its like the ECM cleared itself or something horrible still waiting a verdict pretty much gutted, and after trying to get hire cars, buses, taxis, it took 24 extra hrs to get back to the coast.... I am contemplating after all this to ditch the edit and go the unichip, just to keep it simple... but waiting on judgement first.... whats yr thoughts guys girls mid 2005 T ute, aps exhaust, CAI, 968 injectors, big pump, whats chance of this being cheap??? warranty....mmmmmmm....
  15. mate they dont come or go cheaply I managed to score a new system 2 mths ago, about 1900 plus fitting from memory, but damn, are they a neat piece of work!!!! second hand will get a grand I reckon, though there are some cheaparses out there !!!
  16. new to the site.... relatively... rapid yellow 6/05 ute, premo sound ,hardcover, factory 18s, leather trim, leather wheel, factory tint, typhoon CAI, APS exhaust, 968 squirters, bigger bosch pump in tank , custom tuned at FIST... nice safe 271 rwkw.... and soon to be more... love these damn turbo sixes...
  17. gmax

    Getting Fisted

    hey guys well the ute has been fisted now, including a bigger bosch pump..... am truly stoked now with 271 rwkw, and economy has improved about a kay per litre on the highway.... big thanks to vonn and ali for sorting me out and getting ute finished off on fri nite, even gave me a loaner car to get back up the coast, u have to be happy with that... jeez these things are a handful in the wet.... next stop... valve springs, intercooler and wastegate mods.... I need 300 already, damn...its addictive
  18. hey guys am a newbie here.... next week the BA mk2 ute will get full ap exhaust, set of 968s and a custom tune by FIST in brissie... what should I expect??? cant wait to feel the difference, though I hope it wont be raining on the way home.... (at what sort of power levels do I need to worry about a bigger pump and intercooler???) typhoon 2nd intake going on tomorrow in preparation... cant wait...
  19. remember that turbos have been round forever on diesels... and we are talking balls to the wall and continuous duration boost on many applications ( 25 psi on some 38 litre jobs etc to mention but one) startup and shutdown can kill them real easy... let yr car get some oil pressure before u even think off blipping the throttle... they spin fastest under full LOAD and not necessarily full rpm... the more fuel being burnt, the hotter the output, the faster the gasses, the faster the turbo spins... if you have just given yr donk a pizzling up a long hill etc... you HAVE to give it a few mins for the temp to stabilise..even with a ball brg turbo...the oil in them can still cook if shutdown stright away, and the temp of brgs continues to climb even after u have shut yr motor off ...this is how u f*ck up yr seals too. a turbo timer is good insurance if u are a impatient type...like me enjoy the boost... gmax
  20. mate I got the premium on my mkII...which is just a 6 stacker basically...no color screen, I think that is the sedan" prestige" package... dunno bout the BFs...would be wicked if they did
×
×
  • Create New...