I am writing this thread to keep track of all the modifications in one place,
So it all started 2 years ago in 2014 when I purchased the ute it had 72,000 k's on the clock, was a completely stock 2007 BF MK2 N/A Auto XR6, it had a couple of factory extras the 18" alloys and the single bulge hard lid.
As all car owners I said to my self I wouldn't go crazy with the ute, keep it fairly stock and a reliable daily car.
Well first day I decided to grab some plastidip cans and give the heels a coat in what was called "smoke" this was the result,
This was enough to keep me happy for a bit nothing crazy but it had my own touch on the car,
a couple of months later I de badged the tail gate, side skirts and smoked the taillights.
During this time I also added 2 12" subs behind the seats of the extra doof doof
A few more months had passed by and the tread was getting a little bit low on the rear tyres for some reason, and what could be a more better excuse to get a new set of rims, after a tough week deciding what rims I wanted I ended up with these, Lenzo D1R 18x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear wrapped in pirellis.
With the new rims it didn't look right being so high in the rear and that wheel gap had to be fixed, so I put super low king springs in the front and sent her off to get the leafs reset in the rear,
aslo I got offered a spoiler for a price it would have been rude to say no too so that went on too.
Now this was it for the aesthetics and where things come to a bit of a hault. I was on my way to work december of last year and ...BANG... there goes the diff and there is me stuck in the middle of the street. on to a tow truck home she went where she sits now, but this is where the good part begins.
I had slowly been keeping an eye out and picking up turbo parts and now I guess the time had come to out them in.
So first things first I put in the new diff, LSD out of an AU XR8, this was an easy swap and took about an hour, the only differences between the AU and the B series is that the right side hand brake cable has to be ground off and welded back on about 4 inches further down. I also had to buy 1 inch wheel spaces to stop the rim from hitting on the shock.
Next was replacing the fuel regulator to a 3.3 bar, replacing the map sensor to a 2 bar which involves cutting off the old plug and connecting the new one wiring it in reverse.
I took the transmission heat exchanger off and connected an areoflow oil cooler, put on the turbo and manifold, tee'd into the oil pressure sensor for my oil feed, tee'd into the heater water pipes for my water feed and return and tapped the sump for my oil return. This brings us to today where im waiting for the rest of my pipping to turn up today to finish the intercooler piping.
Also while waiting for parts, I have gone a little crazy with my new favourite paint, wrinkle black, painting the ecu, radiator tank, fuse box and inside trims
So now hopefully if everything goes right the piping will turn up this week and it will be going in for tunning next week