-
Posts
5,181 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Lumpen
-
He almost went for a drive in the Boss 260 Manual but after he started and revved the thing he didnt want to drive it..."I wanna buy it on the Note alone" but 50odd Large for an Pensioner Painter is just a bit too much... Unfortunately the Local(60Km Away)dealer hasn't got any XR's at all on stock any more so I just gotta catch one of you guys in my home town one day...Preferably in Blood Orange... Coming for a cruise to North Coast NSW guys? Otherwise I suppose waiting a few years till some of these Second hand Speed machines hit the road isnt that bad...
-
175 or so indicated but I dont know how accurate my speedo is ('87 XF) (Its not a flash new one or anything)
-
Well Maybe I need reccomendations on how to convince an Old Fart to Buy a T...
-
Just wondering what everybody had as their immediate previous car before they traded up down or sideways! If your like me and aren't as lucky as some,just tick what you have now.
-
Im not to sure where to put this because its a Mod...but not for the BA! Dad and I have pretty much run out of Bolt ons for his EB XR8...Decent Extractors and a very Nice 3 inch system.A K&N Panel Filter and some nice fuelling Controll(98 Points of pure octane)!It only has 200K on it and is still a very sweet motor,so any chance of a Herrod 347 ReBuild or some nice heads and manifold even(anything that is a bit of motor out work) is out of the question :( Basically all he will run too is some Cold Air Induction,the Factory thing looks like it will be strangled by two moths(little ones at that)but I cant find any mob anywhere that seems to have one for the EB...Can anybody out there help us?Im sure more than one of out forumers has had an EB-ED 5.0 with some mods... If anybody can help me if would be very much appreciated...I dont like the idea of a 70 year old UTTERLY Non Mechanical Old Fart and a 19YO UTTERLY uncaring imbecile(that's me ) hacking and taking a Rampod and Cold Air Box to a relatively pristine XR-8.
-
Poor TAFE student bum here...So Motor is pretty much it as a regular buy...However Wheels,Top Gear,Zoom etc are all welcome if they're free...I also enjoy the old Wheels and Modern Motor mags from the 50's and 60's...Especially the Review on the ULTRA SUPER FAST Astom Martin DB5 with its blistering 17 second 1/4s!!!!! Fast 4's last about until the time they try to insult anything that has more than two litres...which is generally about the time I get bored by it anyway(3-6 seconds...) Other reads are limited the Sydney Morning Herald and the Trading Post... Oh and this very informative forum here too...
-
It undercuts the HSV contenders on price and value, but gives away power to the Gen III go machines.??? Maybe the GTS's but that's all! Good review though.Warms the cockles of our collective heart dont it?
-
1200 odd...but I claim 0211 hours as the culprit...
-
Also what about the GS's of yonder past?They looked practically the same in the XAs and XB and didn't dilute the model image?
-
I dont think they offer the turbo in anything but the XR6T do they? I personally like the idea of an XT with XR8 or GT running gear.The ultimate QShip perhaps.I can also understand the Dilution theory.How many people bought their Turbos for exclusivity though? Also feel for the poor buggers who are ripped off by unscrupulous F*****G C***S who parade these XT as an XR6 or 8! I know this from experience:Dad and I flew from brisbane to Adelaide to buy SPECIFICALLY an ED XR-8 Sprint....which was nothing more than an EB GLi ex Works Rally Car done up all flash...Still angry bout that.
-
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I almost forgot the Eagles! "Welcome to the Hotel California....Such a lovely face...Such a lovly place" Hands up anybody who has Air Guitared to that Sweet Riff while drunk?Not while driving though...
-
Hmmm this is a hard one.I can listen to almost anything...I give up at that soppy Late 80's Early 90's Pop,Boy Bands and Try Hards are also out the window Im surprised no one has mentioned Red Hot Chilli Peppers,they're a nice easy listening mob.Especially Blood,Sugar,Sex,Magic. Rage Against the Machine is my "Happy" Music,cant beat the Funky Waa Waa De La Rocha Bass Line and I think Audioslave has picked up on that Jam too in I think Cochise(Album or song?) Incubus are a long time favourite,Make Yourself (Drive especially) but S.C.I.E.N.C.E is also tolerable. Black by Metallica is probably my most favourite album of all time but Re/Load wont be reloaded. Moby.All of Moby is very Nice indeed and sweet easy listening music. Coldplay is up on the easy listening scale with Clocks being Tops in my books. Chicane(I think "Behind the Sun").I dont know quite how too class them!Hmmm they've got a nice easy tone but have a bit of bass behind them too.Any ideas on them? Now for the Doof Doof Crap and My Gansta Rap ( ;-) to those who know) Eminem is tolerable he almost has something to say occasionally and some Hip Hop is actually nice'n'cruisy. As for the Loud stuff:Chemical Brothers are always welcome on my Carbon Fibres. Gee that was cathartic...Ahhhh
-
Fairly reasonable then?I think the CD is more to do with top speed rather than.Hope some people enjoy it at least
-
Oh OK.I just remember reading that the 347s in the lsat TS50s were the last Windsors.Maybe that was in a production sedan? Are those Ford and GM's truck engines?
-
Where do the V8 supercar engineers source their Pushrod 5.0s from now?As ford Aus had the last Windsors about in the earth didnt they?And Expensive Daewoo hasnt used a 5.0 Pushrod since the VTI. BTW the Lexus V8 is a 4.2Litre now,was a 4L in the early import Lexii and the Soarer coupes.The Lexus LX470 or Landcruiser V8 have a 4.7L too.
-
Heres a link from Carpoint http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/news/story.asp?ID=4986 Interesting but the last Paragraph is going to create a stir!Ties in with the V8 Supercars thread
-
Aey Bro.So dats where my Turbo for me Excel is Bro?Sik Cus.Wait til its got da phat body kitted wid da extra strboe neon balck lights and itll eb heel cool sweet sik aey... That is one big Mofo turbo though...
-
You can change to metric.If you havent found out yet,Go to the bottom options on the main screen:Imperial/Metric... Hope you guys are interested at least
-
Somebody mentioned earlier that CGU was the cheapest around for under 25s.I just did the rounds for CTP for my old dunger.87 XF falcon 19 Y/O. The furnished me with 380odd dollars or 31dollars a month ith no penalty while everyone else(AAMI,QBE,NRMA,Allianz and about 4 others) ranged from 440 to 480!
- 1,981 replies
-
- Anyone having trouble
- wastegate
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
it is perplexing actually!I think your getting at the fact that the standard XR6T actually is quicker from the 120KMH point to the 400M than the APS car?Is that it? the XR6 does get up and go for a porky little bugger(trap speed of near 115MPH from memory!)My car can maybe just crack 120 flat knackers(with a helpful tailwind)
-
Um I think an EL xr6 can would fit ;-) I know crow cams make some for the old SOHC'er and theyre around $380 but whether theyre an improvement over the XR6 (as opposed to GLi)Im not to sure.And the Stage 3 also needs a chip for maximum optimisation. Chiptorque(Gold Coast)also do Cam and Chip packages for the SOHCs but once again I dont know what improvement that are over the standard XR6.
-
well it would but you also need tyre size, weight engine and torque @????Rpm etc but the hard one (ie it really f****s me is the Aerodynamically Efficiency (Cd) of the bugger....Hard to find that is. Anybody downloaded it and tried it yet?
-
Just wondering if anybody has played with a program called Cartest?From memory its a free download from www.cartest2000.com if my upload has failed(only around 500KB). Basically its similar to the Gran Turismo tuning setup.You have a car(the are preloaded Ferraris and heaps of others)enter all its info and analyze(not race,its mainly figures)it.You can do 0-100,1/4mile,rolling starts,best take off RPM and heaps other.I runs a fairly powerful algoritham I suppose.Its fairly accurate it seems.My car runs 17s apparently.... What I wonder is if the figures it spits out are actually accurate?I dont have the Gear Ratios etc for the T so I cant tell but you lucky buggers can B) Leave us a line when or if you use us with your views(Its not mine,it just seems fun in a bored kinda way) cartest.exe
-
I mean with 182kw and 380NM it would take minutes to smoke and break your tyres...not seconds like a turbo.... but honestly my XF (98.5KW and 294Nm)can get outta shape ludicrously easily especially in the wet(trees...centre line...trees....centre line..trees....).Live rear end doesnt help but this day'n'age it should be standard.Maybe its part of the Ford model differentiation ie:Window switches,floor lights et al.
-
If that's the end IMTURBO im gonna F*****G kill you.Im hanging out for that movie in my twobit town.If you ruined it!!!!Boy im gonna do some ass whooping. I read it cost something like 55million (US or Aus I dunno) for the 13 minutes...
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.