Jump to content

teeg

Member
  • Posts

    372
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by teeg

  1. I wish to remove the boot around the manual gearstick from the centre console. I gather it just unclips but thought I would double check before I break it. Any tips or suggestions welcome. Cheers Tim
  2. I gather they did a run on the dyno with the stock tune first, what kw's did that put out at the wheels.
  3. Bruce Heinrich aka badxr6 would have to be up there. KPM used to do his work and now he has his own workshop down lonsdale way. Not sure if KPM have surpassed him with some of the machines coming out of their workshop of late.
  4. I choose a manual for the fun factor and I had had enough of the then 4 speed auto. The 6 speed auto seems a different machine though.
  5. I'm with Trought Lolly, Ford supplied and changed my trans fluid to Transmax and had no issues with doing so. But, buy your own oil, you don't want to know what Ford will charge.
  6. What does it sound like and are you sure it is not an exhaust heat shield rattling?
  7. Couldn't watch all the video at work, but is there any footage of girls and ping pong balls????
  8. I have a BA mk11 with a 6 speed. Changing the trans fuild to Tranzmax (yep auto trans fuild) makes the shifts heaps better. Many have said changing the shifter will make the shifts better again. The stock clutch is crap and won't handle much more than stock power. I am about to change my clutch to a mal wood option 3 and through one of Mal's short throw shifters in which again many people have done and have been very impressed with the results. Search a few of the threads in the Mal Wood section and you will learn lots.
  9. KPM do them, they are a sponsor so check out their site
  10. Keep an eye out for someone doing a dyno day, you can usually jump on the rollers cheap.
  11. If you are planning those mods, you'll need to budget for a new clutch and in time a 6 speed gearbox as the 5 speed will suffer.
  12. The BA XR8 were fitted with a T3650 trans and not the T5. Not sure if it is stronger box or not, Mal Wood might be able to shed more light on that.
  13. I think that says a lot in itself. Lot's of real life experience to make an accurate assessment. To think that there is a workshop in a neighbouring suburb of campbelltown producing some awesome drag machines, but yet we only have backyarders????? In all honesty, Campbelltown is in one of the better middle class suburbs of Adelaide, you can get a hell of a lot worse. Are you looking for someone who specialises in XR6 Turbo's or just some one to give it a once over. If the later, contact the RAA or Motorcheck and they will be able give you your usual written pre-purchase inspection. Otherwise contact those whom have been previously mentioned and morpowa up in modbury aren't too far away either.
  14. I went to them when I brought mine. I have one of the first BA mk11's and at the time they were running out BA mk1's. The saleperson I spoke to was a dipsh*t, they advertised a demo model in the paper at $39990 and they guy tried to sell it to me for $44500. I ended up down maughan thiem. At the end of the day, if they give you the right car at the right price, take it. You can always look at your servicing options afterwards.
  15. You'll have fat chance of Ford covering it if you have launched at 4K and it slipped. The clutch plate itself will have signs of this slip and Ford will classify it as driver abuse on a wear and tear item. Don't even get them to look at it as they will say, yeh, we will have a look, then turn to you and tell you that they wont replace it due to driver abuse and hand you an invoice for $500 for dropping the gear box and inspecting the clutch. Just take it on the chin that you gave it something it can't handle and just replace it with one of Mal's baby's. No use putting a stoker back in because before long you will need to replace that one.
  16. After owning a white car for almost 9 years, I will never buy a white car again. Mine too looked the goods with tinting and decent wheels etc, but after time, white became so dull and boring it drove me nuts. When I brought the BA, the dealer asked what colour I was after and I said anything bar white (or acid rush).
  17. Not that it has been a falcon auto, but a few mates have used Transteer at glynde and been happy with the results.
  18. Try track down a guy who goes by the name of Mittrix. I am pretty sure he worked in a tattoo place in Brisbane mall. He is really good and usually it can take a bit of time to get a booking with him which demonstrates the number of people who go to him.
  19. Given my wife is expecting twins, I don't think I would be showing her some of those pic's.
  20. Take it to ford and have them plug in their diagnostics machine and even though the fault is intermitent, it should have recorded an error code. They should then be able to tell you what the deal is and then take it back to the dealer whom you brought it off and tell them to fix it.
  21. Did you buy it through a dealer as they should be some statutory warranty with it.
  22. My car has been to ford twice since this recall and both times the hoses have been on back order and they can't do it. Seems a bit of a joke that they can't keep stock of a recall item.
  23. Tab, I hope you sought permission from your cat for posting photos of his/her footprints.
  24. No worries, I too work in the city and usually drive in once a week or so and will sing out when I do. Otherwise I am at Walkley Heights so I may not be too far from your joint.
×
×
  • Create New...