-
Posts
1,505 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by aps
-
That appears to be correct at of now though the APS package requires more testing on the Typhoon to ensure that the 300 RWkW's is able to be sustained in high load/high ambient conditions. Peter APS
-
Thanks, just back from a test drive and the 300 RWkW Typhoon does feel absolutely awesome on the road..................have to agree, I feel that this Typhoon is the best new Ford that I've driven in a long, long time. Peter
-
Hi Guys, As promised, we now have more information on the APS web site detailing the enhancements being made to the F6 Typhoon. The following link will take you to a preliminary information web page on the APS PHASE II High Output System for the Typhoon. There's also a short video of the car in action on the dyno. See http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/typhoon/typhoon_phase_ii.htm The improvements are sensational and if anyone thought that the standard Typhoon was a torque monster, well APS has raised the bar....Big Time! Hope you enjoy. George
-
Hi Guys, As promised, we now have more information on the APS web site detailing the enhancements being made to the F6 Typhoon. The following link will take you to a preliminary information web page on the APS PHASE II High Output System for the Typhoon. There's also a short video of the car in action on the dyno. See http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/typhoon/typhoon_phase_ii.htm The improvements are sensational and if anyone thought that the standard Typhoon was a torque monster, well APS has raised the bar....Big Time! Hope you enjoy. George
-
Well the good news is 300.5 RWkW's and a massive gain in torque at the treads (another 35% more Torque) now you got to be happy with that for a mild tweak in tuning for the mighty Typhoon. :lol: Will post power graphs later on today. Peter
-
Just going on the dyno now and should have some good news for you guys in a few hours with a little luck...............please stay tuned. Thanks Peter
-
Yeah and so am I Redhawk, the good Doc is going to own a really quick Typhoon that's for sure....................I just love the way he gets to use his cars. Thanks Peter
-
Thanks and I believe that the variation we see from identival model cars is all in the tyre diameter, tyre presure, and in how well the car is tied down on the dyno, that said I do appreciate that some T's do produce higher power than others. Peter A{PS
-
Cro if you don't tie the XR6T down correctly onto the dyno you can very easily see a 15 to 20 RWkW FALSE figure. I can take an XR6T and dyno the car tied down corrctly and measure 18O RWkW's and then simply loosen off the tie down straps and measure 195 RWkW's................I know which is the REAL power figure.....................see what I mean. Peter APS
-
Not sure about that Cro, the average manual T produces around 180 RWkW's on our Dyno Dynamics dyno and the Typhoon is brand new, with some kms on the car I think the right power figure is about 210 to 215 RWkW's. To put this into perspective have a look at the power figures below, I'm sure then that the Typhoon power figures will make more sense to you and others, 1) XR8 Boss 260 kW Flywheel - produces approx 200 RWkW's 2) New CV8 Monaro 260 kW Flywheel - produces approx 195 to 200 RWkW's 3) Typhoon 270 kW Flywheel - produces approx 200 RWkW's From these figures I expect that a Typhoon should produce approx 210 RWkW's and the car we measured is only 10 RWkW's down from the real figure. Hope this helps.
-
Hi Guys, I thought you might be interested in a dyno graph of a standard Typhoon. Please see http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/typhoon/typhoon.htm for the initial information. The numbers are pretty much spot on for a tight engine and I expect the car to pick up some more outright power as the engine and drive train beds in. We will have some very exciting news to come regarding sensational improvements in engine performance for the Typhoon....very soon. George
-
In short I believe the answer is yes though I'm yet to measure the additional charge air temperture drop from the Typhoon intercooler............will do this week. Thanks Peter
-
I believe it's still to early to say though It won't take much tweaking to acheive over 300 RWkW's from the Typhoon (been there allready). Ultimately a built XR6T will have the same power potential as the Typhoon given the identical mods and tuning attention. The Typhoon is an awesome package and great value for money................let's all hope it's a huge success for Ford................it's well over due for Ford. Peter
-
Not at all in fact this power figure make a lot of sense to me, see power figures listed below and you'll see what I'm saying, 1) Ford Boss engine rated at 260 kW's flywheel - produces approx 200 RWkW's 2) Expensive Daewoo VZ CV8 Monaro rated 260 kW's flywheel - produces approx 200 RWkW"s 3) Ford Typhoon rated 270 kW's flywheel - produces approx 200 RWkW's You can see by the above power figures that the Typhoon is down approx 10 RWkW's from what we would expect to see at the rear tyres. I'm positive by the time that the Typhoon engine and drivetrain runs in we will see/measure around 210 to 215 RWkW's. Peter
-
watched XRT sedans with less than a few hundred clicks on the clock do 190-205rwkw on the dyno mine did 202rwkw and it was an auto .. the APS results for the MANUAL F6 are ordinary at best is it just marketing to under-estimate the stock benchmark ??? it will look better in the before and after advertising .... just my obscure thoughts the F6 I drove broke traction at will .... easy APS phase 1.5 ... and I wasn't on drugs :lol: <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Cobra all you can do is measure that power that the car makes on the day, this power graph was the best out of 3 power tests..................the lowest power run was 193 RWkW's and we chose to post the best power graph of the 3 dyno tests. Thanks Peter
-
Hi Gavin, The NZ dealers are listed on http://www.aps-xr6t.com/aus_spec/aus_dealers.htm and I see that there is an XR6T speicalist in Aukland. Probably worth a call. Hope this helps. George
-
I think it's worth noting that the engine and drivetrain are new so we can expect better power with more kms on the car. Peter
-
The Genuine APS Phase II system has a Unichip computer not an xede. Peter
-
Hi Guys, I thought you might be interested in a dyno graph of a standard Typhoon. We will have some very exciting news to come regarding sensational improvements in engine performance for the Typhoon....all in good time. Please see http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/typhoon/typhoon.htm for the initial information. George
-
DR Z, I spoke with Big Mick a few weeks and ago and he's alive and kicking, just tied up with lots of work though he promised he return to run his Phase II T at calder next year. Big Mick wants to be the first APS Phase II to run in the elevens and with the times he run to date (12.16 @118 mph) who says he won't give it one hell of a scare. Thanks Peter
-
Thanks Jewels and I was really surprised though delighted to see so much APS coverage in one magazine. The reality is that many of these articles were written months ago and we have no control over what article is placed in what month magazine. Certainly it's nice to feature a customers car and APS has organised this in the past, though I'm not sure that many of our customers would be happy to have their car thrashed and tested to it's limits by magazine journalists, it can get ugly at times. Not sure if you read the article on Marks (100% from this forum) APS Phase III XR6T ute in a recent mag (speciality ute magazine) it was a good read and it's always nice to get a customers perspective and input to the feature article. There will be a interesting and comprehensive article on a powerful APS enhanced Typhoon in the coming months and I hope you find this feature interesting and informative. Thanks for your kind words. Peter
-
Dave, I know the guys at C and J Motorsport in QLD very well (Kel and Bill) and I'd say thay are one of the best engine tuners in OZ, and I don't say that lightly about many tuning shops. The level of feedback I receive from happy/satisfied customers is really awesome..........what more can I say other than their customer service is first class also. Thanks Peter
-
Okay, that explains it. Nearly 11mm taller. Yes, if you're turning taller tyres on launch you definately need to give the lads a good smoke show prior to launching George
-
Hi Craig, I just came across this thread and there's some interesting information that can be seen from your runs. I must say that the trap speed was very high (higher than that of your quickest time). This indicates that the high heat had no real adverse affect on the horsepower of your T. Terminal speed is the real yard stick to use when determining engine power and the affect environmental conditions have on the engine. Which intercooler are you running? I ask because to run such a high terminal speed in ambient temperatures above 30C is pretty impressive. Also, you were very close to your best elapsed time. Out of curiosity, was the overall diameter of the Nittos you ran any larger than your previous tyres? George
-
According to the drivetrain professor at APS the CV joints and side gears (internal spline size of the side gear) are the first mechanical fuse when you really start to generate very high torque. Thanks Peter
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.