Jump to content

cunners

Member
  • Posts

    141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cunners

  1. You Eastern States people need to get over to WA and snap up some property!! Me and the missus have 2 places close to the city.. 3x1 villa (investment property) 15 minutes from the city and our place - 3x2 house 10 minutes from the city and we bought them both for the combined price of just 435k... granted this was a few years ago and they're worth a bit more now but compared to the prices you guys are paying in the East for similar its a pittance. We over here in WA can't comprehend how you guys can afford the mortgages?? Do the banks have different lending criterias over there?? Also - and I know I'll get some stick for this, but I just can't believe some of you young blokes are buying expensive cars instead of ploughing the money into something that will make you money rather than the money pits that are cars. My investments have always come before cars... when you have built up some capital then treat yourself.... My 2c worth only
  2. Sorry DCVIN - They sent me an e-mail just yesterday saying it was in the process of being shipped out. otherwise that would have been a good idea to save on postage... Oh well a K&N for less than $90 is pretty cheap anyway.... If your wary about buying online from the US I can let you know that I get it ok?
  3. If you're willing to wait a few weeks for shipping you can get a brand new kn33-2852 air filter (to fit your T) for USD 40.77 (plus shipping) Shipping was 28USD so the total was 68.77USD which converts to $89.61AUD (at current rate of .7674).... represents pretty good value. Even with the shipping (which is a rip off!! ) Its a good $30 cheaper than anything I've seen in Oz.... better off in my pocket!!! Heres my order Item Order Summary: ------------------------ 33-2852 - 2003 FORD FALCON 4.0L V6 F/I - K & N: REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER $40.77 x 1 = $40.77 (Shipping: $0.00) ======================== Subtotal: $40.77 *** We will contact you via Email with an exact Shipping Quote *** Handling: $0.00 ======================== TOTAL: $40.77 ============== Heres the website www.performanceintl.com/ Hope this helps someone... cheers
  4. PM sent - but for the rest of the forum how is it done?? I was told by the parts guy at my Ford dealership that there was no way to do it because each ICC had some sort of ID that only matched with that particular vehicle?? Is this your understanding and if so how do you get around it? cheers Jason
  5. Why can't it be done.... we can put man in space for sake... why cant I have a pretty ICC?? Aaaarrrrgghghhhh... Surely someone must know someone who knows something about this??
  6. I currently have standard sound in my T sedan but love the look of the premium display. Is there any way known to man to get this installed?? I spoke to Ford who gave me the predictable answer that it 'was a factory option only - sorry can't be done' Is it possible to buy the whole console and replace the existing one?? Has anyone done this?? Jason
  7. Was driving down the Farmer Fway (Westbound) and saw an AcidRush XR6T (great colour by the way) with the xr6tubo.com sticker... We got side by side at one stage so you would have seen me too!! First one I've seen in Perth (T with sticker that is)... People must have thought they were seeing double - Same car, colour and sticker.. only difference was the mobile phone aerial (not on mine) and I think you may have had 18's?? Would love to know who you are... cheers Jason
  8. Kittens sounds like a good place for a bunch of lads!!!
  9. Got a group of cricket lads going over to Melbourne from 9 - 13 June for a bit of R&R... being a Sandgroper and only ever being to Melbourne once before I would like to know the best places to go of the night time!!! Staying at the Gateway Inn Hotel - corner of Flinders and Williams (directly across the Yarra from the Crown.) If anyone is up for taking a couple of WA boys (myself and my best mate have T's) out for a drive around Melboune CBD (in your modded T - never been in one!!) it would be welcomed!! Might be dinner in it for someone!!! cheers Jason
  10. OK - I know there are countless threads on exhaust modifications but I just want some basic information in a couple of categories. Remembering that I am a novice to all things mechanical - and I'm sure there are others on the forum like me!! 1) On the Cheap - what is the cheapest way of getting the exhaust 'breathing' a little better. If you had one thing you could do to the stock exhaust what would it be and how much should it cost (including fitting)?? 2) The note - If all you were after was a chunkier exhaust note what is the best way to do this on a budget and how much (roughly would this be??) 3) Going all out - If you had an unlimited budget (within reason) what would you do to the exhaust... what would you replace it with and how much?? Thanks in advance...
  11. There are a few suppliers on e-bay with similar (but different) products... anyone know which one is easiest to fit, strongest etc etc... I would like to get the grille package but am unsure as to which one is best.
  12. If she was found trying to bring that amount of pot into Oz what would she have got?? Apart from the fact that she would have been presumed innocent she probably would have got a slap on the wrist or at worst a very short jail term.. Even if she did it - its not worth 20 years of your life...
  13. Im now officially an RAC policyholder!!! Costing me $720 year with 34k agreed value, no claim protection and they have no problems with mods as long as you tell them... : All in all a good result and even saving $100 on my current policy Seeya later SGIO.... Thanks to everyone for their input!! Cunners
  14. $650 is cheap... ringing them now....
  15. Thanks Steve - might give RAC a go then... Just got a response from SGIO (very quickly which is unusual) here it is.... His signature was different this time - It says NRMA instead of SGIO (same group obviously) Sounds like their (IAG group) policy is written in stone... NA cars ok but not T's (like newxr mentioned ina n earlier post) Dear Jason, I have viewed the policies you hold with SGIO and can appreciate that you are a loyal customer however our view on the changes you would like to make to your turbo charged vehicle remain the same. Modified engine air intakes/induction systems on turbo charged and supercharged vehicles (including air cleaners) are unacceptable for Comprehensive, TPFT and TPPD Insurance. Non-standard engine air intakes/induction systems are acceptable for Comprehensive, TPFT and TPPD Insurance for vehicles with carburettor or fuel-injected engines - petrol or diesel - that are not fitted with turbo chargers or superchargers. I understand that you are disappointed with our decision but our underwriting decisions are made to be abided by. I have personally discussed your situation with our underwriting department and they remain firm and will not make an exception for you. I am sorry I can not help you further in this matter but please feel to call upon me if you have further requests. Again thank you for your enquiry. Yours sincerely, (Name Supplied) Internet Support Group NRMA Insurance Insurance Australia Group (IAG)
  16. Ok guys... here is my response to SGIO..... If this doesn't work I will have a look at other insurers... Anyoine know RAC's policy?? Ps I live in WA so AAMI is no good (dont service WA)... to the other Perth guys out there - I'd like to hear who you're all with and what you've done... John, This is very disappointing. I've been an SGIO customer for many years now and I also have home and contents policies with yourselves. I am on the maximum no-claim bonus and I'm sure I'd be considered a low risk for insurance purposes. All I'm asking is to replace the standard air filter with a higher quality one (K&N airfilter) and to fit a second air intake. The major reason for doing so is for an increase in fuel economy (performance gains are negligible). I have even spoken to Ford who've advised that these additions would NOT void my new car warranty. I ask that SGIO re-consider their position on this matter and hopefully common sense will prevail as I really don't want to move my business away from SGIO as it would be a hassle (but will if I have to!) I understand that you don't make these decision directly but would appreciate if you could help get a favourable decision as I know many XR6 Turbo owners who've had no insurance issues with their insurers. I look forward to a common sense decision being made. Regards, Jason
  17. Did the right thing and notified my insurer of my intentions to fit a K&N air filter and a second CAI.... heres their response. Am thinking of calling them back to plead my case.. anyone else had this problem with these (what I consider) minor mods?? Any ideas on what I can do to 'sway' their opinion.. I don't really want to switch insurers as I'm getting a reasonable deal (just over $800 year/$200 excess) Dear Mr ( ), Thank you for your email regarding changes you wish to make to your 2003 Ford XR6 Turbo sedan. I have contacted our motor underwriters and the changes you are contemplating are unacceptable to them for a turbo charged vehicle. In view of this information if you were to make the changes to your air intake and filter you risk voiding your insurance cover. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance and again thank you for your email. Yours sincerely, (name supplied) Internet Support Group SGIO Insurance Insurance Australia Group (IAG)
  18. cunners

    Boost Bars

    Have been in the UK for ages... when I was over there I was addiscted to them!! Bout time they were in Oz... Love the ads too...
  19. Couldn't agree more. ... and Acid Rush is the original BA XR6 colour - most of the original test cars sent to the journos etc were Acid Rush Blueprint - boring sheep (care too much about what others think) Black - Poor fockers.. how do you keep em clean?? Silver (HgAg or Lightning) - For those with no personality White - Fleet cars only please. Surely no one CHOSE this colour?? Red - only Ferraris and lambos look good in red... Citric - Lemon on wheels Phantom - Purple = sexually frustrated doesn't it?? Blood Orange - name says it all.. these people are confused.. since when was blood orange anyway?? Any others are crap too... compared to the almighty ACID RUSH!!
  20. SGIO (WA) - $820 28 Years old - MAX No Claim bonus $200 Excess Partner 25 is covered to drive the car (haven't let her yet!!) Multi-policy discount. Was by far the best quote I saw in WA... OH yeah - SGIO is a major sponsor of the mighty West Coast Eagles so it really was a no brainer!!!
  21. 1 - Toe cheese 2 - burnt toast 3 - My car after I left prawns on the back seat on a 40 degree day!!
  22. cunners

    42" Plasma

    I've got a 42" Phillips and have been very happy with it... 2 biggest things to look for in Plasmas IMHO 1 - Resolution.. go for the HD if possible (1024 x 768 pixels) 2 - Contrast Levels - go for the highest contrast you can find otherwise blacks can look greeen.... check out this site - I did and it helped a lot... http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com ps you will be very happy with a plasma - not only do they put out a great picture (loads better than Rear-projection) they also look great in any home!!
  23. Don't get me wrong - I like the show and I watch it (haven't missed an episode) but its so bloody slow in its plotline... get on with it I say... reveal the fecken secret goddammit!! Anyone in my boat here or is it just me??
  24. cunners

    Phantom Xr6 Na

    Think outside the square!! I live in Perth and got mine from E/states for 30k (govt auction)... Its in great condition and even with the $1100 I spend getting it trucked over from Newcastle (NSW) it was a bargain (bought it in Feb) Just a note though - pays to have someone in the know go and take a look at any car before you buy it at auction. I had a friend in NSW look over it thouroughly. I know a lot of WA delers are now employing scouts in NSW and VIC to find cheap cars for them...
  25. cunners

    Wa Owners!

    Details sent Steve... cheers
×
×
  • Create New...