-
Posts
578 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by turtle33
-
how tall are you? what skill level are you? man the wr400 and the 426 for that matter is getting on and the matainence will be 3-4 times that of the xr or any 2 smoker for that matter. Make sure you get a rego'd bike that way you will have heaps more places to ride. If you want a thumper than make sure it is electric start. Answer the first 2 questions and I will start to suggest bikes,
-
mate, love the new brakes but hate the dust to the point that im about to try different pads after 1.5 weeks, my chrome wheels were black in 4 days.
-
I found it slow in the changes but the speedo said different my 4 spd lights 1-2 2-3 and chirps to 4th that said the smoothness of the 6spd had me in 5 seconds + the fact it wouldnt need a full rebuild every 8000ks
-
pffft, flux capacitor that's the future.
-
I may give the qfm's a try then.
-
mate do it, it got to a point where I hated driving the thing because of the shudder, it was so bad the phone used to get thrown out of the holder and drinks would fall over.
-
mate that sucks, mine (other than the dust) are great, you may be hard on your brakes but I have 600kg tool boxes in tray and 900kg unbraked trailer, so im VERY hard on my brakes. Hope you sort it out.
-
Ok the bendix ultimates are already sh*tting me because of the dust, I brought these pads because I couldn't find the ebc stuff in brissy. Any clues where to get them (even on line is ok) Which are better reds or greens. Std ba brakes.BTW
-
You must be reading Murdoch or Packer papers; oh wait that's all of them. Come to a meeting and see how braodly focussed they are; they've moved on from the 70s. mate ive gone head to head with some of this party as part of a timber industry management group, they are akin to the unions in their views and blind ignorance. Shut everything down, lock it all up, that was their solution. Needless to say many of them got into their sh*tbox ,polutant spewin cars and drove home to thier hardwood framed houses to eat some prepackaged meat. f*cking short sighted hypocrits. I know I went into the meeting armed with fact and with an open mind and was never let down by their reaction, as much as I wanted to show them we as an industry, are managing our resources they didnt even give me a chance to present a thing. So tell me who the brainwashed fools are. Good on them for shutting down all the state forests, now no one will ever be allowed in there and there is no managment plans in place other than locking them up forever. And im the brainwashed one. NFI So if this is an accurate cross section of the greens then good luck, nice knowing you.
-
as I said your obviously a smart bloke, just chase the tafe and f*ck off he sounds like a bloke u really dont want/need to be associoated with. Try group training aust, I use them because I can send the fuktards back and keep the good ones. Its generally a 5-1 ratio (5 fuktards to 1 good one) The building industry is going to be rooted if we dont start getting good guys thru. Thank f*ck the rates have been going up otherwise we would have no one. Remember 12 months aint long to go and he can make your life difficult when it comes time to sign you off, he can say that your not compentant and hold you for another year.
-
I wouldn't pay that for a diamond or a painting but someone will. These cars are like land, there aint any more being built.
-
Your reply reads of sour grapes, becareful how you tell your next prospective employer why you left, because the way I read it, I see an apprentice questioning the way the boss run's his business (I bet he never involves you in any part of the admin of it) and I would think to myself " will this guy question my business methods" and would say that your too much of a risk. I would then call your last boss and get his version of events. All of the above is real world stuff and I say it to help you not hinder you. Believe me when you get to run your own business you will quickly see things in a different light and some of your opinions of this guy may change. Then again he may be a total turd. But in your last two posts you have said you have been sacked for no self control and now you seem to be heading down a no win path with his guy, it's a really rare to end up with 2 turd's in a row but not imposible. The more I read the more I think group training is for you. In the real world your charcter will be held in just as high of regard as your skills. hope it works out.
-
not if you subcontract to him, if you work on wages with your dad and he's licenced than that's ok (you will be classed as a labourer and he will have to pay wkcover super etc). Its always a risk, but if BSA ever turn up, do a runner before he sees you otherwise he will ask the principal contractor who you are. By law you need periodic subcontact agreements or subcontract agreements which are rarely filled out. Remember the licience/bsa is there to protect you as much as the client. (rearly works that way but better than nothing).
-
I sold a xagt rpo83 for 9.5k
-
I don't know if you can blame the voters. I would say its more a lack of talent in the Liberal Party have in NSW and also not getting its message across even here in Vic we seen stuff ups everyday from the NSW libs. The Libs in NSW also endorsed Howard the duck IR Laws and there on the nose big time. In short there was no alternative for voters, its better the devil you now.. ← There are more than two parties in this country, despite the media's best effort to denigrate the green's at any opportunity.. ← the prob with the greens are, there views are very narrow and they really only represent a very small part of the population. But I think they should still be in there to represent that minority. Ps: last one out of nsw to head north, please turn the lights out.
-
dont put it off mate, it will only get harder and more paperwork. FFS, a general builders licience can take years of tafe and not to mention the onsite exp. Yeah I agree its a rip but I tend to hire bsa card holders. The law states that u must hold a bsa licience for any work over $1100 (inc materials) and the fines are huge (for both of us). That all said, I prefere to see your work and then hire you. Its been a while since the BSA had a blitz, the last one got me for not having a builders sign onsite, unlicienced plasterer and painter, cost me $2600.00 in fines. I was stoked as you could imagine.
-
with that back ground, good luck. My suggestion would be group training or similar, hopefully you will get short term hire outs and therefor different bosses. I used to be considered an "angry young man" but I NEVER hit anyone who didn't hit me first. Walk away and calm down, its the only way. You will discover one day what your boss is going thru, maybe there is more to what he tells/makes you do than you realise. Maybe hes just a arse wipe. But I will tell you this, if my 3rd year apprentices had an "anger problem" than they would be in the same situation as you. That said there is no justification to treat your guys like sh*t. good luck tony
-
It wasn't till today that I really appreciated how totall f*cked the std brakes were. I fitted the DBA 4000 series disks and some bendix ultimate pads (I know they are dusty). Instantly the brake sudder was gone. Ford have had atleast 8 goes at fixing this but to no joy. Braking has improved tenfold. Had some cockhat cut me off on the freeway and I jumped on the peddle and nearly thru my son out of his booster seat. So any one with shudder, dont even take it to ford just spend $350 odd and say good by to totally f*cked brakes. This was a suck it and see before I spent5k on really big/good brakes but I might just wait and see now.
-
pffft that's nothin, wait till you see me with a 4" grinder and a cordless drill
-
I have 2 x 10'' much better than no sub, they are not so loud that you hear them from out side at 200mts but OK none the less. A true audiofile will hate them on principal, they arn't as good a a 12" in a good box but its a yoot FFS and you will go deaf enough with the bazooka
-
Toyota Aurion Trd To Take On Hsv & Fpr
turtle33 replied to Barry Blue's topic in General Automotive Talk
not one of the "know it all" performance "guru's" here have even seen one let alone driven it and aready a piece of sh*t. FFS grow up, it may not be your cup of tea but rest assured it will have its good points. So what will we all say IF it does arrive with awd? -
Toyota Aurion Trd To Take On Hsv & Fpr
turtle33 replied to Barry Blue's topic in General Automotive Talk
race one in the rain racer boi. -
Toyota Aurion Trd To Take On Hsv & Fpr
turtle33 replied to Barry Blue's topic in General Automotive Talk
if I get it, I will wave when I see the xrt blown up on the side of the road as I drive past. ps: should have got the incontinance pad with my yoot cause it really gives me the sh*ts some times. -
get it in writing from the tool who told you then fax it to the dealer principal.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.