Jump to content

turtle33

Member
  • Posts

    578
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by turtle33

  1. thanks for the advice, it sounds like you ACTUALLY changed yours and not just simply too chicken to have a go.
  2. sweet $16 and $300 in fuel to get there and back. lol. Ford quoted me $110 per car
  3. I had a thick rimmed wheel and changed to the same wheel but with wood grain top and bottom from a territory ghia, my original wheel is for sale
  4. just clean the crap off from under where the bet runs back into the trim and it will be like new
  5. Im going to fit a new steering wheel but I have no idea of the procedure for removing the bag. Does any body know whats required. I know how to remove the wheel just not the bag
  6. clarion for $90 tried them against the mb quartz at $300. I recon the clarions with the std head unit and no amp were better
  7. no market for them? They will sell them all in under a month if not all presold. The previous 427 was all presold and when it was announced that it would be too dear to be produced many owners said how much do you need? 200k? ok just build it. Put it into perspective, a gtho 3 is pushing a million and there is more than 100-150 left so 120k for this car, they will be sold in a flash.
  8. shoulda waited for them to be inside. I think the police charging him is a good thing, but if he's convicted then I dont agree. I believe if the guy was really protecting his family then good on him but what happens if he was some drug dealer who was getting robbed, does it justify shooting, im not sure. Being charged will give everone time to put their case foward.
  9. mine is the same
  10. I used to have a twin turbo big block wagon. Wasn't a sleeper though, it was supercharged a one point to. I love wagons and I got no idea why?
  11. turtle33

    Tailgating

    so you think its ok to slow down to 50-60k's on a congested 100-100 kph highway just to piss ONE person off? FFS how many people do YOU piss off by doing this? An old saying for you. 2 wrongs dont make a right. For the record, I dont like tailgaters at all but brake checking or slowing down is gunna either piss many people off or be way more dangerous than tailgating for a small period of time. Nothings better than escalating the situation to flash point hey, that will teach em.
  12. you should pay around the 54k on road. Hard cover, leather/climate control tint mats and tow bar
  13. next time you head over I will give you some cards to hand out, I just got onto a heap of "cheap as" tradies on the coast, I recon I will make a killing.
  14. gps, but, only on flat ground any incline will give a false reading
  15. yeah good onya ive seen the scar from the head removal but the nuts thing is just a guess
  16. the ni-mh stuff from makita isn't (in my opinion) as good as dewalt but the new lithium ion stuff is the ducks guts and as yet dewalt dont have a direct competor. Any of the impact drivers are simply miles ahead of a drill for driving/removing screws. 3 of us did a full iron roof (420m2) with 2 li-ion 3.5ah 15.6v panasonic impacts and 1 18v dewalt and were blown away with the ease in which they handled it.
  17. wear gloves/breathing gear when you play with it, otherwise your nuts will shrivel up and a 2nd head will appear, it really is bad sh*t.
  18. the li-ion range (lxt) from makita is streets ahead of dewalt. I own both, the li stuff is lighter, stronger last longer and charge in 15 mins, that said they cost heaps more though.
  19. on ebay you can get 3ah 18v dewalt batt's for $75, buy one or two they hold there charge really well. It will tranform the drill.
  20. I buy dewalt only because of the range and the $ you save by buying from the US. That said the best corless drills are panasonic lit-ion but $600+ they are the top of the range. For doing doors etc, the makita impact screwdriver 7.2v li is awsome but its only a screw driver and its about $170. To be used for work everyday, u really should budget to replace cordless stuff every year (as soon as the warrenty runs out mine are in the trading post for cash as you can write off any tools under $1000 in a year). But as far as the firstorm stuff being any good, I never used one so I have no clue but that said I cant recall seeing one on site.
  21. brought the egas already, so thanks for the reply. Done 4000k's mostly with the trailer attached with no problems. I miss the power though (but I still have the t). Im loving the fuel bill, so far its running at a tad under 30% of the cost to run the "T". So from a work point of view I couldn't be happier. If you fit aftermarket LPG to any ford, it voids your powertrain warenty so its not an option for a new car.
  22. just brought a bf xls on gas, filled up for $44.60 and that will get me 600ks towing the trailer. The xrt yoot uses over $190 to do the same distance albeit a tad faster.
  23. not gloating at all, I work insane hours for what I have. You did attack me in you reply (remember the einstein comment, I thought that was childish) Mate im in brisbane, I bit back at you because you come in here and profess to knowing whats what in the building industry, and then you got all defensive when I dissagreed with you. As far as you having any idea what others are paid in the industry, I beg to differ, from what you typed you work for/with your dad (hence the sub-sub contractor comment). So as a contract painter that employs maybe 2 guys how do you profess to "know" what the industy is paying? I employ every trade you could imagin within the building industry, and I pay these same people so I KNOW, not assume to know ,what the industry rates are. As far as fedral awards go, what you quoted is some type of wild pipe dream, 20 years ago tradies were getting more than this. I think its you that has some twisted view of what builders are, you obviously engage in the "them and us mentality". Once again (I will state it in big letters as not to confuse you) I SAID 75K TURNOVER ,NOT EARNING 75K. If you have little or no material cost(as you stated) then you are a SUB-SUB CONTRACTOR not a SUB CONTRACTOR as the SUB CONTRACTOR would be SUPPLYING the paint scaff/ tressels etc. I stand by my earlier statements that not to many sub contractors will have a turnover of less than 75k. Sub-sub contracting is actually against the law so hence it dosn't enter into my comments. Show me where I even hinted that all subbies are sh*tkickers. As far as paying "guys like you" all my guys are true subcontractors so it's not ment as some form of attack,it's fact. As far as where your family comes from, what weight does that bring to this arguement? I would really love to see just one man do a 580m2 3 story house by himself, it can be done but not commercially. I really dont see you point of view, you seemed to argue that 75k turnover is a lot and I disagreed and then you went on atleast a dozen different tangents? What exactly is you point? I thought I made my point buy quoting what my subbies get paid (I can prove it by way of invoice if needed) you on the otherhand sprouted off about how everybody on the coast works for 25-35/hr barring a select few. Mate I do work on the coast and maybe just maybe I got the select few. For example a shop fitout at southport 2 weeks ago. Plasterer $49.50/hr tiler $63.80/hr or $45/m2, sparkie $88/hr, painters $380/day + $45/day travel all the others were quote to supply/install. For the record I did the carpentary (so there goes you theory bout builders being too good to work with the sh*tkickers oops I mean subbies) So there you go industry rates on the coast as of 2 weeks ago, all backed up by invoice not some bitch session over smoko or at the pub. Pm your ph numbers so next time I need painters and or subbies on the coast I can call you and you will save me thousands. For the record , I hope labor and rudd dont get in.
  24. use a sabre saw, no sparks and with the right blade it will be quicker than the grinder
  25. when I priced them they were a grand a corner.
×
×
  • Create New...